Windows 10: Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

Discus and support Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, so I am using a laptop with a windows 10 operating system. Until this evening I haven't had any problem with my mouse. But this evening while I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by kemaluzman, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

Hello, so I am using a laptop with a windows 10 operating system. Until this evening I haven't had any problem with my mouse. But this evening while I was surfing on the web, while I tried to scroll down with my mouse wheel I saw that after I go down a little with the wheel it went slightly upwards. I tried with a different mouse and no mouse ( with touchpad). When I tried with another mouse the same problem persist but with the touchpad there is no problem ( because I do not use any mouse wheel). So what can I do? I tried to blow the mouse wheel and the laser hole but it didn't work. Can anybody help me? Thanks a lot

:)

kemaluzman, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Aug 26, 2019
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

1. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly - Similar Threads - Mouse Scrolling Down

2. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  3. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  4. Mouse scrolling down and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling down and error: So when i scroll up on the mouse it goes down but when i Scroll down it goes up this has been happening since yesterday iam getting annoyed anyone know how to fix this error?Is it a virus?...
  5. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  6. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  7. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  8. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input: Hello, Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far as I know this is a problem that happens in all my applications. When this happens, even if a roll the mouse wheel, the...
  9. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...
  10. scroll bar goes down automatically

scroll bar goes down automatically: scroll bar in dell inspiron goes automatically to bottom of the screen. It is happening in pdf viewers also . I cant bring the scroll bar to top...