Windows 10: Mouse scrolling erratically

Discus and support Mouse scrolling erratically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; All of a sudden this morning my wireless mouse is scrolling erratically. It moves a few lines in one direction then reverses and moves in the opposite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Vickyp10, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Vickyp10 Win User

Mouse scrolling erratically

All of a sudden this morning my wireless mouse is scrolling erratically. It moves a few lines in one direction then reverses and moves in the opposite direction. It continually does this so I can't get where I want to.

Thanks.

:)

Vickyp10, Sep 8, 2018
  2. Ryan Fra Win User

Microsoft 5000 Mouse scroll eratic jumps up and down all over the place

Hi,

There are several reasons why the wireless mouse pointer moves erratically, like the battery is low or there is a problem with the device itself.

We suggest that you perform the following steps:

• Connect the mouse receiver to a different port, like the ports at the back of your computer which typically have more bandwidth or power available and make sure to by pass any USB hubs.
    • Check or replace with new batteries.
    • Test the device on a different computer, this will help us identify if the issue coming from the computer or your mouse.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Ryan Fra, Sep 8, 2018
  3. Jay Jap Win User
    Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Sep 8, 2018
  4. Mouse scrolling erratically

Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Sep 8, 2018
Thema:

Mouse scrolling erratically

1. Mouse scrolling erratically - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling erratically

2. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  3. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  4. erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    erratic mouse: hello once again my mouse starts to get erratic, it's impossible to do precision work and I can hardly click to this page properly. when I move the mouse the cursor moves jumpy, not smooth. I had this problem already with several pc's. Currently I'm on a PC with windows 10...
  5. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input: Hello, Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far as I know this is a problem that happens in all my applications. When this happens, even if a roll the mouse wheel, the...
  6. Erratic Mouse

Erratic Mouse: My mouse has started to act erratic where I will have control and then it jumps to the upper right hand corner of the screen where two circles smaller than a dime appears. The mouse will often freez there. It will release after a while but one circle will show a cursure...
  7. mouse erratic

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  8. Erratic scrolling

Erratic scrolling: I use a dell windows 10 laptop and my pointer automatically points towards the top left portion of the screen and this problem persists in every application i try to open.I tried to unistall my keyboard and mouse driver,ran it in safe mode,tried troubleshooting the hardware...
  9. erratic mouse

erratic mouse: I have tried many options and still any mouse I use wireless or wired to USB are acting erratic, after 4 years uf using ACER Laptop, Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/erratic-mouse/f7ab9a24-406b-474c-9e90-8393ebc644a1
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse wheel scrolling erratically

2. mouse scrolling

3. mouse wheel scrolling erratic

4. mouse wheel scrolls erratically,
  5. mouse scroll erratic,
  6. wireless mouse scrolls erratically,
  7. erratic scrolling,
  8. mouse erratic scrolling,
  9. erratic mouse scrolling windows 10,
  10. mouse erratic moves opposite direction windows 10,
  11. mouse scroll is erratic,