Windows 10: mouse scrolling jumps up and down

Discus and support mouse scrolling jumps up and down in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joannebowlin1, Jul 30, 2020.

1. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down.

:)

joannebowlin1, Jul 30, 2020
  2. RainxDash Win User

Mouse "jumps" down when scrolling up?

I'm using Windows 10 and recently my mouse has started jumping down frequently when I scroll. It doesn't jump a small amount, either, sometimes a page or two!

It's infuriating and I have no idea how to stop it from doing that!

Any help? ;-;

RainxDash, Jul 30, 2020
  3. scrolling down youtube page JUMP BACK UP!

Hi just so I'm clear . 1, it happens on the side of the page(not on a preview video) when i first go onto, it goes up and down rapidly(not wanting to scroll down)2 Also I can confirm that i have tested it a bit and it jumps back up (to the top of the page)after
    i have moved the pointer on a video . I am not clicking anything but just the pointer on a preview video, then it jumps back up to the top of the page. It doesn't happen on any other video site, only on youtube. I thought it might be the fact i use '1 click'
    on my mouse (no double click')but that also isn't it.

• Was it working properly before? yes .
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?- reinstalled nvidia graphics drivers
    • When did this issue start? perhaps after the new 'preview videos 'came on youtube
    • Does this happen in other video streaming websites? none
    • this does not happen on ie , it seems Chrome itself maybe the problem. I would rather use chrome for my main browser, ie isn't my cup of tea

philMcConnochie, Jul 30, 2020
  4. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

USB Wireless Mouse Scroll Jumping

Recently, on Windows 10, when attempting to scroll the page will sometimes jump up, then down when I am scrolling. I am using a new Gear Head Wireless USB mouse, which in the past as worked perfectly well. I have tried solutions previously listed on the
    web (cleaning the sensor, turning down the amount of lines that will be scrolled), and so far, nothing has worked. Any advice?

Deximus-Maximus, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

mouse scrolling jumps up and down

1. mouse scrolling jumps up and down - Similar Threads - mouse scrolling jumps

2. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  3. Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse scroll jumps when scrolling: When I scroll my mouse it will jump the opposite way and it can be a little to a large amount. I am using a windows 11 laptop with a wireless mouse but I tried this with a wired mouse on a different usb port and the issue was the same. I have also tried updating the drivers...
  4. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  5. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse: My external mouse keep son flickering the screen up and down when scrolling. I tried another mouse and it works fine. I've also tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work....
  6. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse: My external mouse keep son flickering the screen up and down when scrolling. I tried another mouse and it works fine. I've also tried updating and reinstalling the drivers but nothing seems to work....
  7. screen flickers or jumps up and down when scrolled up or down via external mouse

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Mouse scroll wheel jumping occasionally

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll wheel jumping occasionally: I have this bug with my laptop where the scrolling speed is too fast all of a sudden, until I move the cursor slightly or click somewhere and it'll return to normal, then again. This has happened on my older laptop (Dell Inspiron 5482) as well as current (XPS 9500), and...
  9. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello, so I am using a laptop with a windows 10 operating system. Until this evening I haven't had any problem with my mouse. But this evening while I was surfing on the web, while I tried to scroll down with my mouse wheel I saw that after I go down a little with the wheel...
  10. How to stop wired mouse scrolling jumping up and down ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How to stop wired mouse scrolling jumping up and down ?: can someone help me to to get scrolling to be normal ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/how-to-stop-wired-mouse-scrolling-jumping-up-and/af81ef65-0e5f-479d-a32d-37e2a0046ef8