Windows 10: Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,...

Discus and support Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I was renaming some pdfs, and the computer was working perfectly fine until suddently when ever I tried to type something and press _ it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MuffinKatz, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,...

Hello,

I was renaming some pdfs, and the computer was working perfectly fine until suddently when ever I tried to type something and press _ it deleted the letter before it. So i went to look it up in google chrome, and whenever I tried to type something, random things would type. It is here I noticed the pages would constantly scroll upwards. So I tried turning it off and on again. Then the fan revved up when typing in my password, and wentback down to normal. Which is strange since it never revved up that high before.

Afterward same symptoms occured, and restarting it various times didnt work. So I tried sfc scannow thing, and it didnt work, then I moved on to safe mode. I think the fan didnt rev up anymore, but the mouse and keyboard still didnt work.

Thus I tried system restore, and now I noticed that I cant open internet edge or chrome anymore, and the same symptoms are still present.

Any ideas on what I could do?

Thank you

:)

MuffinKatz, Sep 16, 2020
  2. vixnfox Win User

Logitech G603 Mouse Scrolling Issues

Hi all,
    For some time now I have been having really frustrating scrolling problems - not just with this mouse, but I have tried 2 others with the same results. When scrolling with the wheel, the screen will scroll a short way ( up or down) and then scroll the other way - like a 3 steps forward, 2 steps back! The number of lines scrolling is also random at times, but NEVER smooth. So annoying. I have tried all the mouse wheel stuff in control panel. Having to use the scroll bars is annoying
    Any help appreciated
    Regards

Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1909 (build 18363.720)
    Logitech G603 Mouse

vixnfox, Sep 16, 2020
  3. Keyboard typing random letters

I am running Windows 10 build 18945 and random applications (most of them) are getting typed in random letters. I have found many things saying check your input language but i only have one that is English (US).

And the random letter a key will type is not always the same. I can hold down 'a' for instance and it'll type a series of numbers and letters. So it is not consistent

Example, copy and pasted holding down 'a'

One of the only applications that correctly recognizes the input is Firefox

Pretty sure it isn't a hardware issue, because it is not in all applications.

This is an integrated keyboard in the Lenovo ThinkPad T430s

It also seems to be intermittent

EDIT If i remember right, this started around disabling credential and device guard (I can't use any emulator/virtualization with them on because the virtualization is then exclsuively used by Hyper-V, and i needed to run Intel HAXM)

linuxandria, Sep 16, 2020
  4. Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,...

Issues with the On screen keyboard and mouse pointer.

Hi Robert,

The issues with the mouse may arise due to driver conflicts and the issue related to the On Screen keyboard may be when the settings for the OSK are turned on.

For the On screen keyboard issue, I suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Type Ease of Access on the search bar.

• Choose Ease of Access and click on
      Use the Computer without a mouse or keyboard option.

• Check if the Type using a pointing device is turned on.

• You may uncheck that option if it is turned on.
    Also try the below steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type
      Services.msc

• Scroll down to find the "Touch Keyboard and Handwriting Panel Service".

• Disable the option by right clicking on it.
    For the Mouse issue:

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware
    and
    Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Sep 16, 2020
Thema:

Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,...

1. Mouse scrolling upwards constant, keyboard typing in random stuff after I press a letter,... - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling upwards

2. Computer is pressing random stuff

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is pressing random stuff: My computer has been hitting up or arrow up I can't access anything almost when I boot into safe mode the problem gets fixed I've reset my computer and more I've put it in safe mode and not had problems but I can't do anything there I can't figure this out HELP...
  3. Computer is pressing random stuff

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is pressing random stuff: My computer has been hitting up or arrow up I can't access anything almost when I boot into safe mode the problem gets fixed I've reset my computer and more I've put it in safe mode and not had problems but I can't do anything there I can't figure this out HELP...
  4. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  5. Random Letters Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Letters Typing: When typing, particularly when typing emails, the symbol \ randomly appears after I type the letter r. Additionally, after I type c or e, occasionally a period randomly follows. More frequently, the window I type in maximizes to the fill screen setting or demaximizes as I...
  6. Keyboard typing random letters and numbers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard typing random letters and numbers: Accidentally pressed something on my keyboard and now it types random letters and numbers whenever you press certain keys.Also on my lock screen so I can’t get to device manager from my keyboard Because I can’t type in my password. Please help...
  7. I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters

I press 1 Key but my keyboard types multiple letters: I hope I don't have to get an external keyboard So, I have a laptop and some water was spilled and now when I type some keys, adjadcent keys get pressed as well.\ Examples: Enter produces a '\' Z produces an 'AZ' C produces a 'DC' M produces a 'JMN' I...
  8. Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse locks up and keyboard randomly starts typing letters.: I've been having this issue where I'd type in a letter on the keyboard and it'd start typing randomly and with that the mouse pad doesn't work. I do not believe this is an issue with the hardware, it was working just fine and Windows doesn't detect any issues at all with the...
  9. When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o

When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o: When I press enter on my keyboard it types the letter o. I have tried restarting, changing language and location and no dice. An help would be much appreciated....
  10. Keyboard Typing Random Letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard Typing Random Letters: Help! I don't know what happened but my keyboard will type seemingly random letters/number every time you push any key (even same key multiple times). I have gone into the computer's keyboard settings and switched languages from and back to the original English settings and...