Windows 10: Mouse scrolling

Discus and support Mouse scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FredStone4, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Mouse scrolling

My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook.

It works fine on all other sites.

I have tried several suggestions, but no results.

:)

FredStone4, Mar 14, 2019
  2. Jay Jap Win User

Mouse Scroll Jumps

Hello Nate,

It is possible that the Vertical Scrolling is set to a higher numeric value. To assist you with your concern I would suggest checking the Vertical Scrolling to isolate the issue. Just follow these steps to isolate the issue.

• Press the Windows key and go to Settings.
    • Click Devices and go to Mouse.
    • Click on Additional mouse options.
    • Click on the Wheel tab.
    • Put a bullet on Roll the wheel one notch to scroll and change the numeric value to 2 or 3 (Depending on your preference.)
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Check if this will resolve the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

If you think this was useful, you may "mark it as an answer" to help those who are facing the same problem.

Jay Jap, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Mar 14, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Mouse scrolling

Mouse scrolles up when im scrolling down

There may be an issue with the driver of your mouse that is why you're encountering difficulties when scrolling. We suggest that you uninstall the driver of your mouse, and then restart the computer to re-install the driver. To do this, follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Choose Device Manager.
    • On the Device Manager window, double-click Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click the mouse driver, and then click Uninstall.
    • On the prompt window, click the check box and click OK.
    • Turn off the computer by pressing the ALT and F4
      buttons together, and then press Enter. Please take note that you may need to press the buttons twice for you to see the window that will allow you to turn off the computer.
    • After turning off the computer, turn it on after 10 seconds.
    • Check if you can scroll properly.

Kindly share with us the result.

Argel Obm, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

Mouse scrolling

1. Mouse scrolling - Similar Threads - Mouse scrolling

2. Desktop Window becomes small when I mouse scroll right

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Window becomes small when I mouse scroll right: Frustrating when watching a video and move the cursor to the right, the video shows in a small window on the left of the screen and I have to maximise it again. How do I disable this...
  3. Windows Mouse Scroll Wheel Suddenly Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Mouse Scroll Wheel Suddenly Not Working: I have been using this mouse for over a year and suddenly today the wheel has stopped scrolling. The other function of pressing the scroll wheel and using the mouse itself to move the page works, so I am pretty sure that the wheel works. I have tried updating the drive and...
  4. Mouse scrolling all the time

Mouse scrolling all the time: I am having problems with my mouse scrolling at random, even though you click on something you wish to open. You can't stop the erratic scrolling. It's driving me crazy!...
  5. Screen locks up, Mouse goes to top left corner and can't type or scroll, PLZ HELP I've...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen locks up, Mouse goes to top left corner and can't type or scroll, PLZ HELP I've...: I'm just at a loss! I have reinstalled the mouse and keyboard driver, I have got a new mouse and a new keyboard that are not wireless. I've done everything I can think of, plz help. The cursor shoots to the top left of the screen and I can't do anything else. If I am...
  6. Mouse goes to top left corner and can't type or scroll, PLZ HELP I've tried almost everything

Mouse goes to top left corner and can't type or scroll, PLZ HELP I've tried almost everything: It does not do this all of the time. The mouse jumps to the left corner, erase what I am working on in any program and I cannot gain access unless I shut off the computer or press the down key and sometimes turn scroll lock on and off and on will make it work for a few...
  7. Can i use mouse ,,Scroll,, on keyboard somehow?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can i use mouse ,,Scroll,, on keyboard somehow?: Hello o/ Okey i broke mouse wheel, and i don't even use it for scrolling, im used to bar on side, but in some programs/games/sites there are no bars but i need to scroll somehow. In mouse driver there is no option to set scroll up/down on side buttons, so can i change some...
  8. Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine

Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine: So this happens across my 3 separate machines, all of which have Windows 10 of various update versions, one of which is a fresh install. On each of them, any wireless mouse I plug in and use will, when scrolling, first scroll a small amount up, and then usually will scroll...
  9. Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inactive window doesn't scroll when magic mouse is hovering on it: I just bought a new mouse, and this function in the Windows 10 setting is still not working, I tried my old mouse again to be sure and the same thing happens. Settings>Mouse> Scroll inactive windows when I hover over them > On I have two Excel books open, one on each of...
  10. Mouse smooth scrolling

Mouse smooth scrolling: Some screen asked me if I want smooth scrolling and I said yes and I hate it. I can't find that window back. I don't want smooth scrolling. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-smooth-scrolling/675577ca-3a8b-4939-b1ad-7ab54c86aaec