Windows 10: Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine

Discus and support Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this happens across my 3 separate machines, all of which have Windows 10 of various update versions, one of which is a fresh install. On each of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jarrodm08, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Jarrodm08 Win User

Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine

So this happens across my 3 separate machines, all of which have Windows 10 of various update versions, one of which is a fresh install.

On each of them, any wireless mouse I plug in and use will, when scrolling, first scroll a small amount up, and then usually will scroll the rest of the way down just fine. This happens on multiple applications, most annoyingly when i'm using Visual Studio for coding. This also occurs with several different wireless mice spanning different brands. So this is not application-specific , and also not mouse-brand-specific so I know it must be windows. Anyone know if this is a common issue and if so, how to resolve it?

:)

Jarrodm08, Feb 13, 2020

2. Windows 10 mouse scroll wheel issue

Hi,

There can be numerous causes of the issue that you're having with your mouse scroll wheel speed such as outdated drivers, dirt, damaged cables, and more. To correct such issue, we suggest that you adjust the scroll speed of your mouse wheel using the steps
    below:

• Click Start > Settings.
    • Go to Devices > Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Choose how many lines to scroll each time, move the slider to the right to make the speed of your mouse wheel faster.

With regard to cleaning the inside of your mouse, you have to contact its manufacturer to get proper instructions.

You can find more information about troubleshooting mouse issues in this
    article

Update us on the status of the issue.

Angela Pun, Feb 13, 2020
  3. How do I change scroll direction of a mouse NOT listed under Mice?

Thanks; yes, those are great directions and did work to change the direction of the wired mouse that came with the computer. But the mouse I'm using doesn't show up as a mouse in the hardware list, so I can't follow the rest of those steps. I need the mouse to appear on the list of mice in order to complete this sequence.

salishsong, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine

Certain window items bounce on Scrolling

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Do let us know if your touchpad functionality is fine other than the mentioned issue?

As you are facing issues with scroll options in few of the applications on Windows 10. Try the below and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to change the mouse & touchpad settings and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, type mouse
      and select Mouse & touchpad settings.
    • Choose appropriately with the following options and check if the issue persists.
    • Roll the mouse wheel to scroll
    • Choose how many lines to scroll each time

Method 2:

Step 1: As you are using touchpad, I suggest you to use different mouse to different ports and check if it helps.

Step 2: I suggest you to boot the computer to Safe mode and check if the issue persists.

Refer: Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10

Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine

1. Mouse Scrolls One Line Up And Then Down Just Fine - Similar Threads - Mouse Scrolls Line

2. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  3. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello all,13 years passed and still the same problem as described herehttps://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-down-goes-up-slightly/e1a58d5d-684a-47fc-ad9f-d745a15686ffHave just purchased two new A4tech Wireless,when scrolling down using the...
  4. Mouse scrolling down and error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse scrolling down and error: So when i scroll up on the mouse it goes down but when i Scroll down it goes up this has been happening since yesterday iam getting annoyed anyone know how to fix this error?Is it a virus?...
  5. mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse scroll- when scrolling down it goes little up and then down, vice - versa: I am using Logitech woreless M150 mouse, so whenever i scroll down or up it goes, little in other direction. I tried different wheel number of line, enable one screen at a time , hide pointer while typing , switching batteries but nothing works, cleaning dust evrything i...
  6. Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically

Mouse Scrolling Down Automatically: I have tried unplugging my mouse it still scrolls down even when unplugged tried resetting windows, updating drivers, reinstalling mouse, tried troubleshooting ive done everything i have found online nothing works, it only does it in windows applications it has yet to do it...
  7. mouse scrolling jumps up and down

mouse scrolling jumps up and down: When I go to scroll to read a page my mouse wheel jumps up and down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling-jumps-up-and-down/cf96c624-0974-41d9-bbc3-69f52e02b9d3
  8. Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input

Mouse: erratic scroll up and down without mouse input: Hello, Sometimes, when I am not rolling the mouse wheel, the focused window's contents scroll up and down like I were rolling the mouse wheel. As far as I know this is a problem that happens in all my applications. When this happens, even if a roll the mouse wheel, the...
  9. Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly

Mouse Scrolling Down Goes Up Slightly: Hello, so I am using a laptop with a windows 10 operating system. Until this evening I haven't had any problem with my mouse. But this evening while I was surfing on the web, while I tried to scroll down with my mouse wheel I saw that after I go down a little with the wheel...
  10. Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 mouse scrolling automatically up or down: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]To enhance user productivity, Microsoft implements a number of small features that make a difference in the overall experience & productivity of the user. But sometimes, these features get caught with issues and result in the abnormal functioning of the [...]...