Windows 10: Mouse seemed to go dead

Discus and support Mouse seemed to go dead in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice. I change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nikilet, Nov 30, 2016.

1. Nikilet Win User

Mouse seemed to go dead

Windows 10 Home
    I got on my computer this morning and my mouse wouldn't do a thing. I use one of those small, wireless Logitech mice.
    I change battery, wiped it off with alcohol and changed battery again.
    I forced a shutdown, unplugged my computer and then hit the start button to drain it, plugged it back in and still nothing.
    By hitting a couple of keys on keyboard I got my sign-in screen to come up so I was able to sign in. Mouse was still dead.
    I unplugged the USB for the mouse and put it in a different plugin.

Just when I didn't know what else I could do the darned thing started working again. It was like it lost all contact for a while and then came back.

Does anyone have any clue what might have caused this? I'm lucky it came back this time but I'd like to be prepared it if happens again. This is actually the second time this has happened. Can't remember for sure when, but it was some months back the same thing occurred.

:)

Nikilet, Nov 30, 2016

2. Tapping is now out to send me mad

Sudheendra

Tried that and it seems to have worked

It did find corrupt files

Tapping is dead....long live the left mouse pad button !

Many thanks,

Turner

turnerthemanc, Nov 30, 2016
  3. USB ports stopped working in Windows 10, after working in BIOS only

After switching on my computer, all usb ports become inactive once the computer boots up. If I go into BIOS, they are working, but not once boot up has competed. This seems to be a common problem. However, most solutions expect the keyboard or mouse to
    be working. However, they are not working because the usb ports are dead! What can I do?

Peter Shelton, Nov 30, 2016
  4. spunk Win User

Mouse seemed to go dead

Occasionally, Wireless devices loose connection. If you change batteries, you many times have to re-sync the device with it's controller. You didn't mention the model# of your Logitech mouse. On many models next to the battery compartment there is a tiny Sync button, that you can press with the tip of a pen and hold for a few seconds. This will scan for the wireless controller and start working again.

spunk, Dec 1, 2016
  5. Nikilet Win User
    Yes, I am familiar with the button you refer to. However, I've been using the very small Logitech mouse which does not have this. The one I'm referring to says M 315. The one I use on my laptop is excactly the same but it says M185. I have half a dozen other Logitech mice but for me they feel too heavy and big. I bought one of these small ones for my laptop and fell in love with the weight and feel so I purchased another for my desktop. They have the tiny USB plug.

I've been using these for a long time and never had a bit of trouble until these couple of instances I've mentioned,

Nikilet, Dec 1, 2016
  6. spunk Win User
    spunk, Dec 1, 2016
  7. Nikilet Win User
    This information is very helpful. I have a little USB plug (receiver?) that I plug in for this mouse. The mouse itself has that "unifying" logo on it, but the USB received that came with it does not have that logo. So if I purchase one that states it is unifying and replace this one with that and then download the software ... am I understanding this right or am I way off?

Nikilet, Dec 1, 2016
  8. Mouse seemed to go dead

is the battery box spring loaded or is a a tab like pressure as these become loose after alot of battery changes, you would just need to bend it out a bit more to ensure tight fit/connection ?

RoadBlaster, Dec 1, 2016
  9. Nikilet Win User
    It's a tab that you slide out.

Nikilet, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse seemed to go dead

1. Mouse seemed to go dead - Similar Threads - Mouse seemed dead

2. Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Seagate 4TB backup HD seems dead: I had an external 4TB Seagate backup HD for 2 to 3 years now used solely for Macrium. Never had a problem with it. Now my PC won't reboot without me unplugging that HD. It won't even show up in Explorer, or the 'safely remove' desktop icon. That tended to freeze if I clicked...
  3. External speakers going dead again!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External speakers going dead again!: The last time I downloaded a graphics driver update, Nvidia GeForce 451.67 for my Windows 10, 64 bit computer, my external speakers went dead and the only sound I had was from the computer itself. A friend who does beta testing for Microsoft said to download and install...
  4. Getting information off an old seemingly dead drive.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting information off an old seemingly dead drive.: I just did a SSD upgrade on my cousin’s desktop due to his 2013 HHD seemingly failing but still sorta functional if you count the recovery loading. I did a fresh Win 10 install with Media Creation Tool and was successful and also added an HDD to act like a removable for extra...
  5. Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.

Seemingly unfixable problem with mouse.: It is worth mentioning, before I start, that I have contacted over 6 technicians (All from Microsoft support) and done everything from updating drivers to an in placed install to a clean install of Windows. Nothing has even touched this issue. My cursor (not my mouse) seems...
  6. Tablet seems dead, but battery indicator shows charged.

Tablet seems dead, but battery indicator shows charged.: I have a cheap Windows 10 (upgraded) tablet. It is a Best Buy Unbranded model UB15MS10. It has been having problems starting up and the battery seems weak even though the battery charge indicator shows near full. When plugged in to the charger the red charging indicator...
  7. My Pc Mouse and Keyboard go dead after boot/

My Pc Mouse and Keyboard go dead after boot/: When I start the computer it runs well with mouse and keyboard live until Windows 10 starts when both go dead.n Of course cannot control anything. This is after Evaluation copy build 15063v2 shows at foor of right bottom. I have tried F10 but this is no help. Whilst I am...
  8. Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o

Harddisk is dead but also not dead, help me understand what is going o: I recently kind off broke my 5 year old st2000dm001-1ch164 HDD by force shutting down my PC using the power button many many times. After i did that i had to reinstall windows on a new drive as i couldn't boot windows in my HDD. Anyways, the funny thing is that a quarter of...
  9. Start Button is DEAD and nothing seems to help. Out of ideas...

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Button is DEAD and nothing seems to help. Out of ideas...: Just upgraded and I am affected by the problem with the Start button and Find Icon completely ignoring any clicks on it. I've googled for solutions and tried the following: Uninstalled Stardock Start8 which I had been using in Windows 8.1 (didn't need to google to...
  10. The windows icon on screen seems dead.

in Windows 10 Support
    The windows icon on screen seems dead.: I have restarted the PC, I have signed in and out. The windows icon on the taskbar suddenly has gone dead. It reacts when I hover but nothing happens when clicking normal. Clicking "other button" shows a menu Other buttons on the taskbar works. Ihave checked for updates...