Windows 10: mouse select area

Discus and support mouse select area in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VáclavKočenda, Feb 9, 2020.

1. mouse select area

so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...essed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4

but i couldnt find the setting thought that it may bet the fact that its 5 years old, that thread has a screenshot of the exat same thing im trying to fix. i just need updated way to fix it.

thanks.

:)

VáclavKočenda, Feb 9, 2020
  2. botty1963 Win User

Mouse selects multiple

Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number of searches and most point to settings and drivers. However, I have had a replacement laptop and the same occurs, and I have now had 3 separate mice and still the same. On both laptops they are fully updated using W10 64 bit, and both are Core i7 vPro 6600U CPU 2.6GHZ with 20GB of memory. Any suggestions?

botty1963, Feb 9, 2020
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Feb 9, 2020
  4. mouse select area

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

mouse select area

1. mouse select area - Similar Threads - mouse select area

2. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  3. Selecting an area of object. To work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting an area of object. To work.: Can't find in manual the selection tool and how to use. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/selecting-an-area-of-object-to-work/a7dd2d0e-08cf-40db-aa4e-e8a764a1d93f
  4. Border around selected / focus area

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  5. Border around selected / focus area

Border around selected / focus area: Hi,Is there a way to disable the border around it? I tired to disable "Underline keyboard shortcuts and access keys" in Control Panel but it still doesn't work.Any solutions?...
  6. area selection

area selection: Windows 10, Streets and trips 2013.I Cannot select an area to zoom with 2013. this was avaulable in 2007 also I cannot move cursor across map as the hand locks on to the map and just moves the entire map....
  7. Issues with mouse & selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with mouse & selection: Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing...
  8. Mouse selects multiple

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selects multiple: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  9. Mouse select problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  10. How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Select Multiple Areas Of Text: I'm looking for a way to select a few lines of text, or just a few words, and then select another line/word somewhere else in the same paragraph. [ATTACH] it's similar to how you can do this in file explorer [ATTACH] What it should look like If my explanation didn't...