Windows 10: Mouse select problems

Discus and support Mouse select problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by albert1, Dec 24, 2018.

1. albert1 Win User

Mouse select problems

Hello,

I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver.

The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver.

The keyboard uses a C-BT44 receive with a Cordless Protocol of 27 Mhz

I am having difficulty with mouse select such as on web pages, etc. but not as difficult from e.g. notepad's text.

When trying to select the selection keeps skipping to the next text making it difficult to select and entire word, sentence and paragraph. Also pointing doesn't always work as expected. I sometimes have windows opening when they shouldn't , etc.

If I go really slow "sometimes" I can select a sentence but normally not on the first attempt. takes at least several tries to select text.

I though perhaps there's a conflict between the keyboard and mouse which from computer management shows the wireless keyboard and mouse are using the same Logitech driver.

Driver 4/3/2018 version 5.92.28.0

I installed the latest Windows 10 Setpoint 64 bit which from it's Mouse and Keyboard settings shows settings for the EX-110 keyboard but not for the M310 mouse.

I then downloaded and tried to install the unifying software from "unifying250.exe".

The unifying software runs and finishes but when opened says there's no unifying receiver is detected.

Can these two wireless Logitech devices be used together on the same PC under Windows 10?

I was thinking of uninstalling setpoint, installing the unifying software then re-installing the setpoint sofware.

One problem I had was installing the setpoint software under Windows 10. It wouldn't execute from my primary admin account. I discusses this with Logitech and they said they were working on this sort of problem and in the meantime to try created a new admin account, login and install setpoint.

The second admin account I was able to install Windows 10 Setpoint 64 bit.

When I re-logged in to my primary admin account the setpoint software is now working for the EX 110 programmable keyboard but shows setting for the M310 mouse.

Under Control Panel > Mouse there are mouse settings.

Under Computer management there are two mouse objects using the same driver Driver 4/3/2018 version 5.92.28.0

I'm uncertain what's going on, appears to be some sort of conflict?

Shouldn't the Logitech M310 mouse be using the unify driver and software? Or "unifying250.exe" is the incorrect driver and software for Windows 10 64 bit?

Keyboard and Mouse are using the same 4/3/2018 version 5.92.28 driver.

keyboard.

:)

albert1, Dec 24, 2018
  2. John Vil Win User

Problem with mouse sensitivity.

We appreciate your response. Since all possible troubleshooting steps have been exhausted, what we would suggest next for you is to uninstall the latest update. Once the update has been uninstalled, kindly check if the sensitivity of your mouse improves.
    Here are the steps to uninstall the latest update:

• Open Settings.
    • Go to Update and Security and select Windows Update.
    • Select View installed update history.
    • Choose the latest update and select uninstall.

Let us know how it turns out.

John Vil, Dec 24, 2018
  3. mouse problem problem after upgrading

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Mouse\touchpad drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Mouse\touchpad
    drivers:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Mouse\touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and Mouse\touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Mouse select problems

Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Mouse select problems

1. Mouse select problems - Similar Threads - Mouse select problems

2. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates: Hello all,My mouse is double clicking when I click once, is not keeping selected when I try to select stuff etc. It started happening after one of the windows updates.I already explored several solutions proposed in the forum uninstall drivers and reinstall, a set of windows...
  3. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates: Hello all,My mouse is double clicking when I click once, is not keeping selected when I try to select stuff etc. It started happening after one of the windows updates.I already explored several solutions proposed in the forum uninstall drivers and reinstall, a set of windows...
  4. Mouse clicks and selection problem - After one of the updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Issues with mouse & selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with mouse & selection: Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing...
  6. mouse drag/drop/selection problem

in Windows 10 Support
    mouse drag/drop/selection problem: hello. I have a logitech M510 and M705 mouses. i primarily use the M705 mouse when I had this problem. I tried the M510 to see if its a mouse problem, Its a very annoying problem. I am having trouble dragging and dropping files. when dragging, it cuts out on me. other...
  7. mouse select area

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...
  8. Mouse selects multiple

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse selects multiple: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  9. Mouse select problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  10. desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor

in Windows 10 Support
    desktop problem: mouse hover selection is not under mouse cursor: I got the Anniversary Update a month or two back. And ever since I have this problem on desktop icons. The mouse hover selection is shifted away from cursor, in a way that the next icon is selected, not the one under cursor. 9bwq07tNFyc When I click, the icon with the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse selection issue

2. select problems

3. daskkeyboard mouse problems click selecting pharagraph

4. mouse select problem,
  5. KB4476976 mouse issues