Windows 10: Mouse Selection Behavior

Discus and support Mouse Selection Behavior in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a new computer. My previous computer as well as the new one both run Windows 10. However, there is a significant difference when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jonathans_429, Oct 20, 2018.

1. Mouse Selection Behavior

I recently bought a new computer. My previous computer as well as the new one both run Windows 10. However, there is a significant difference when I click on different windows in the new computer.

I used to click once when going back to a window to make it "live" and then I could use the window. Now it automatically places the pointer where I click.

So, if I highlight text in one window, and then click on another window, copy and paste info there, and then click back on the other window, the text I highlighted to replace is no longer highlighted. Sorry, this is difficult to explain.

:)

jonathans_429, Oct 20, 2018
  2. Rey Cam Win User

Mouse without borders mouse behavior issue

Hi David,

Erratic mouse behaviors may be a caused by a corrupted software or a defective device. Hence, we would like to know more:

• Have you done any changes on your computer?
    • Are we working on a wired or a wireless device?
    • If it is a wired device, have you tried a different USB port?
    • Have you used a different mouse and check if the issue persist?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Meanwhile, kindly check Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows. At the bottom page is a topic
    about Hardware Troubleshooter Drivers. Please find the steps on how to update a device driver using Windows Update.

Keep us updated with the status of the issue and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Rey Cam, Oct 20, 2018
  3. Wandering mouse

Hi,

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to adjust the mouse speed and check if that helps to resolve the issue.

• Type mouse on the search bar and select Mouse and touchpad settings.
    • Select Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Select Pointer Options and adjust the mouse speed under Motion.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Hardware and Devices.

5. Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

6. Check if issue persists.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 20, 2018
  4. Mouse Selection Behavior

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Oct 20, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Selection Behavior

1. Mouse Selection Behavior - Similar Threads - Mouse Selection Behavior

2. Weird mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Customization
    Weird mouse behavior: [ATTACH]Hello! I am experiencing some weird things with my mouse. Its kinda hard to explain so I have made a gif. Hope it will be clear by showing it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/weird-mouse-behavior/254eb263-a502-4443-b4a0-85f873752e91
  3. Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Erratic scroll wheel behavior/mouse behavior in Windows 10: Hello I've been dealing with this strange issue on Windows 10 among other issues. Clicking middle click on the scroll wheel to scroll easier results in erratic, jerky behavior in many applications on Windows(Chrome, Edge, discord, etc.). Every time I move my cursor a little...
  4. Bizarre mouse/interface behavior

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bizarre mouse/interface behavior: This isn't happening right now, but it's happened three times in the past few days so I'm sure it will happen again soon. Occasionally, the interface and mouse will start behaving in very unusual ways that make navigation near impossible. I'm on a desktop, but I have a...
  5. Erratic mouse cursor behavior.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Erratic mouse cursor behavior.: My mouse is having a tendency to chage icons when transitioning from windows or over text. Gets stuck on different cusor icons and sometimes two parallel lines that are vertical. Ive checked windows updates and even done a reset of the pc resetting the OS....
  6. Mouse behavior

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse behavior: Anyone having problem with mouse behaving weird after recent updates? Miine will no longer respond to the functions of drop and drag, select and copy or move, etc. Sometimes I have to hold down the control key while dragging over to highlight areas. Is there another set of...
  7. Erratic Mouse behavior

Erratic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  8. Erotic Mouse behavior

Erotic Mouse behavior: Please help me.. I recently updated my HP laptop i have windows 10 and ever since the update my mouse/pointer have being behaving uncontrollably. it moves around without me touching opening tabs, open pages, my touch sometime stop working and the least shaking of the laptop a...
  9. Weird mouse behavior

Weird mouse behavior: Hello. My mouse has started working very weird today (and not only this mouse, I have tried another one to see if it's just problem with this one). So to start: It clicks its scroll itself. Sometimes it's just fine and sometimes it just clicks it itself. It's really...
  10. new mouse behavior?

new mouse behavior?: New default behavior in Windows 10 bs win8 was that I used to be able to scroll an inactive window by hovering my mouse over it. And this was great. After thinking something was wrong for a while I've finally realised why my window management is so iffy. I've noticed that...