Windows 10: Mouse selection stops

Discus and support Mouse selection stops in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; If I try and make a selection using the mouse, it works for up to about 10 seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button. I have stopped... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mervynedwards, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Mouse selection stops

If I try and make a selection using the mouse, it works for up to about 10 seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button. I have stopped every application running, but it still stops after a short period. I use Photoshop a lot, and it is very frustrating. Initially I thought it was a Photoshop problem, but now I notice if I try and select a part of a Word document, the selection stops after a short period making it impossible to select an area of text.

I suspect there is a programme running in the background which interrupts the mouse programme. I have looked in 'Procexp' to see what is running, but it is difficult to catch an offending programme. I have also used 'what's my computer doing?' while selecting an area of the desktop. The two programmes running at the time it stops are 'explorer' and 'avgui.exe'. I can suspend explorer but can no longer select an area, and I cannot suspend avgui.exe.

I have updated the Logitech software, but no difference. I have deleted the Logitech software and relied on the basic Win HID mouse software. Same problem.

I am getting really frustrated!! HELP!!

:)

mervynedwards, Mar 8, 2016

2. Logitech mouse

Microsoft mouse center does not reconnise my Logitech mouse, but the mouse it-self works properly.

So I cannot stop my touchpad operation.

I want to stop it because it is too much sensitive and it produces random pointer motion.

This is big problem when you type a text.

When I select "VAIO Control Center" as recommanded by SONY to cancel touchpad operation, when I select "Mouse", the system switch on directly to Microsoft Mouse windows, but does not exist because I am using Logitech Mouse.

What can I do to stop keypad?

André Martin, Mar 8, 2016
  3. Mouse cursor contsantly blinking and not working properly

I have the same problem. It will not let me select when the mouse pointer is flashing. I have to wait for the computer to be on for awhile to stop the flashing.

I have reinstalled the mouse software and updated the driver.

Any suggestions?

Help with license, Mar 8, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Mouse selection stops

Not a lot of information to go on so could you answer the following please?

Are you on a laptop or desktop?
    Do you have any other input device like a tablet or drawing pad that could be conflicting?
    Does the mouse need a new battery or a recharge?
    Is it a wireless mouse and are you getting interference from some other device?

Just a few thoughts to start troubleshooting...

philc43, Mar 8, 2016
  5. I am on a desktop
    I do not have another pointing device. (I notice in hardware manager that there are two instances of HID mouse installed. If I delete one, when I restart and check again there are still two instances)
    It is a wireless mouse, but there are no other wireless devices in the vicinity.

I have tried changing the location of the wireless receiver to the front of the computer - no change.

UPDATE:

I have changed the wireless mouse to another and it has fixed the problem! I am suspecting the mouse. On another forum I have found a response that suggest that with age, the left button becomes intermittent resulting in this effect. I hope this helps another user with this problem.

Many thanks for your help - consider this thread closed.

mervynedwards, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse selection stops

1. Mouse selection stops - Similar Threads - Mouse selection stops

2. Mouse selection box

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse selection box: [ATTACH]how can i change it back to normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box/91ad513c-abc3-4b96-bcc3-0f4b732876fb
  3. Issues with mouse & selection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issues with mouse & selection: Hi there, I'm having issues with selection icons, tabs, windows virtually anything that could be selected in my laptop. It runs on the latest update of windows 10. The issue is the scrolling function happens in a negative way to the command automatically without me doing...
  4. Mouse not selecting text properly

Mouse not selecting text properly: Hi, In the last couple of weeks I have had problems when trying to highlight/select text. Sometimes the text won't highlight at all, sometimes part of the text is highlighted but not the whole section, sometimes a portion of the text that I'm NOT trying to select becomes...
  5. mouse select area

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse select area: so, lately, i dint know how, but i messed up my mouse select area or whatever its called. i saw another thread about this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-selection-box-messed-up/12cd4cce-9aa9-44b8-8d4e-4f902ef7efb4 but i couldnt find the setting...
  6. Mouse selecting multiples

Mouse selecting multiples: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  7. Mouse selects multiple

Mouse selects multiple: Hi all. I have an issue where when moving my mouse it sometimes selects areas of the screen by itself, simply when moving the mouse over the area. This can be very frustrating as on occasions it results in something being selected that is not intentional. I have done a number...
  8. Mouse select problems

Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  9. Mouse select problems

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse select problems: Hello, I have a Logitech M310 wireless mouse that uses a Logitech Unify 2.4 Ghz receiver. The mouse was working ok until I installed an older Logitech Wireless Keyboard that uses a different receiver that communicates using a different frequency than the unify receiver....
  10. Mouse Selection Behavior

Mouse Selection Behavior: I recently bought a new computer. My previous computer as well as the new one both run Windows 10. However, there is a significant difference when I click on different windows in the new computer. I used to click once when going back to a window to make it "live" and then...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse selection stops windows 10

2. mouse selection stop