Windows 10: Mouse Setting (left click two-finger tap) is disabled after reboot

Discus and support Mouse Setting (left click two-finger tap) is disabled after reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Every time I reboot my computer my mouse setting is changed: Mouse Properties-->Advanced-->Synaptics Control Panel --> Click --> Two-Finger Tap is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GarySt, Aug 4, 2018.

1. GarySt Win User

Mouse Setting (left click two-finger tap) is disabled after reboot

Every time I reboot my computer my mouse setting is changed:
    Mouse Properties-->Advanced-->Synaptics Control Panel --> Click --> Two-Finger Tap is unchecked automatically!

Why?

Mouse Setting (left click two-finger tap) is disabled after reboot [​IMG]

---
    Win 10, 64bit,

:)

GarySt, Aug 4, 2018

2. How to disable tap to click/enable two fingers to scroll on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• I suggest you to check if Synaptics driver are installed to the latest version. If the Synaptics touchpad driver isn’t installed, go to the manufacturer’s website and install the latest drivers.

• Once installed, type
      Change Mouse Settings
      in the search bar, change the Search filter to
      Settings to see the Mouse settings entry in search result, and then press enter key to open Mouse Properties dialog.

• Switch to the Device Settings tab. Please note that Device Settings tab appears only if the touchpad driver is installed on your PC.

• Under Devices, select Synaptics TouchPad and then click
      Settings to open Properties for Synaptics TouchPad.

• On the left-side, expand
      MultiFinger Gestures
      , check Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click Apply button.

NOTE: To change the default behaviour of two-finger scrolling, select Two-Finger Scrolling option and then click the Settings icon next to it.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Do I have to get rid of Edge oe WIN10 to stop Cortana POP-UPs ?

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly send us a screenshot and provide more details by answering the following questions:

• When did you start encountering the issue?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this issue?
    • What error message are you getting when the pop-up appears?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you turn off the trackpad gestures that might be triggering Cortana on your computer. To do this, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Devices.
    • On the left pane, select Mouse & touchpad.
    • Under Related settings, select Additional mouse options.
    • Look for options Three Finger Tap or Four Finger Tap. Make sure that these options are disabled.
    If the issue persists, you may disable the tap feature from the Control Panel by following these steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Choose Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Synaptics Touchpad.
    • Disable the tap feature.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 4, 2018
  4. motorko Win User

Disable two-finger tap to right click Windows 10

1. No, it doesnt have extra gestures. Normally, without Synaptic I cant even scroll with touchpad (not with two fingers or with one finger on the side) because Win 10 only installs some basic driver (and the mouse lags when using default driver, like if
    mouse pointer was running at 15 frames per second).

2. Lower right corner does nothing.

3. Just found out that if I disable touch to left click in Synaptics, it also disables two finger touch to right click - but I dont want to click with hardware keys below my touchpad.

So again the question is - disabling two-finger touch to right click without disabling other stuff..

Also tried newer Synaptics driver that had option to disable/enable two-finger right click, but that version of Synaptics driver
    shows in Synaptics settings my touchpad, but doesnt recognize for some reason that Im touching my touchpad or clicking hardware buttons at all, its like if touchpad worked on default driver (no scrolling etc...) but Synapticsdid recognize it.

motorko, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse Setting (left click two-finger tap) is disabled after reboot - Similar Threads - Mouse Setting left

2. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  3. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad: Hello, I want to disable the two finger click right click on my touchpad. This is especially relevent when using a browser so that two finger clicking on a link opens that link in a new tab. I am aware that there is a setting in the touchpad menu that lets you disable "Tap...
  4. Click with two fingers to right click doesnt disable on Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  6. Disabling two finger right click on touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disabling two finger right click on touchpad: Hi!I would like to know if there is a way to disable the two finger right click on the touchpad. Just to be as clear as possible, I do mean "click" and not "tap".I would like to have it so that the only time I right click is when I touch the bottom right corner of the...
  7. Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Precision touchpad two finger tap for middle click: Hi,I have been using two finger tap for middle click for a while with elantech drivers on other PCs but here it isn't available. It wasn't over there either but there was a way to modify settings in regedit. Now, I found the folder for the precision driver in regedit but it...
  8. Two finger tap to right click not working after 2004 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Two finger tap to right click not working after 2004 update: Anyone else facing this ? I have a thinkpad and I searched mouse settings couldn't find anything useful. Uninstalled and re installed latest synaptic drivers etc submitted by /u/curious_rover_r95 [link] [comments]...
  9. Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Customize two finger tap on a touchpad assign middle-click: Hello, I've recently changed OS from Win 8.1 to Win 10 and been trying to customize a two-finger tap assign middle-click to it, but so far I wasn't able find a way for that. That would be logical since two-finger swipe is used for scroll "rotate mouse wheel", therefore...
  10. Is there a way to assign right click to be left click and also preserve two finger tap...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to assign right click to be left click and also preserve two finger tap...: Title. I've misclicked right click so many times on my new laptop that I want to plain remove the physical right click to make it so the entire touchpad does left click, but preserve right clicking to be made by two finger tapping. Already tried X-Mouse which allows me to...