Windows 10: Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

Discus and support Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hey everyone, I'm encountering a strange bug with windows 10 mouse settings. Windows 10 Familial 1909 Mice: Logitech UltraThin Touch Mouse T630 along... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Arese, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Arese Win User

Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

Hey everyone,

I'm encountering a strange bug with windows 10 mouse settings.

Windows 10 Familial 1909
    Mice: Logitech UltraThin Touch Mouse T630 along with its Setpoints drivers
    Control Center Version: 6.69.12
    Driver Version: 5.94.124

The mice works fine and all the gesture are working just fine with Windows 10.

The only thing is that is that when I go to mouse settings in windows 10 and adjust my mice settings and apply, my settings reset as sons as I press ok.
    I can feel that the cursor speed slowed down compared to my setting. I go back to the mice settings option and I can see that the pointer speed is back to default speed and enhance pointer precision is unticked. (which I ticked)

Has anyone encountered this type of bug and found a solution by any chance?

Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button" [​IMG]

Thanks

:)

Arese, Jun 1, 2020

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 1, 2020
  3. AndreyT Win User
    "apply" button for settings

Windows 10 uses the "new" approach to user interface. When you make changes in a non-modal settings window, they apply immediately, without waiting for you to hit any buttons. There's no need and no point in Apply button for such settings.

If you want to return to higher level settings window you hit the "back" arrow in the upper-left corner . If you want to leave settings altogether, you hit X.

AndreyT, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

1. Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button" - Similar Threads - Mouse setting reset

2. Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎Fri, ‎9/‎30/‎2022 OS build 22621.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The title basically describes it. After an update I think KB5033375, although it might have been after KB5032190, maybe even...
  3. Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Despite setting to "Always", taskbar buttons never combine: Edition Windows 11 Pro Version 22H2 Installed on ‎Fri, ‎9/‎30/‎2022 OS build 22621.2861 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22681.1000.0 The title basically describes it. After an update I think KB5033375, although it might have been after KB5032190, maybe even...
  4. Mouse is not showing up on screen despite driver resets

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse is not showing up on screen despite driver resets: My mouse is not showing up on my screen as well as not being responsive, such as when logging into my PC. It's being registered by my computer. I have tried uninstalling the HID-compliant mouse driver and removing the corsair mouse from my devices, unplugging it, waiting a...
  5. Mouse is not showing up on screen despite driver resets

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse is not showing up on screen despite driver resets: My mouse is not showing up on my screen as well as not being responsive, such as when logging into my PC. It's being registered by my computer. I have tried uninstalling the HID-compliant mouse driver and removing the corsair mouse from my devices, unplugging it, waiting a...
  6. Mouse is not showing up on screen despite driver resets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  8. Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse setting reset despite hitting the "apply button": Hey everyone, I'm encountering a strange bug with windows 10 mouse settings. Windows 10 Familial 1909 Mice: Logitech UltraThin Touch Mouse T630 along with its Setpoints drivers Control Center Version: 6.69.12 Driver Version: 5.94.124 The mice works fine and all the gesture...
  9. Mouse primary button setting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse primary button setting: I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to...
  10. "apply" button for settings

in Windows 10 Support
    "apply" button for settings: Can't find one. Apparently the only way to invoke a change is to hit the X button. Which is a pain if I want to look at alternatives. Maybe a keyboard shortcut? 33700