Windows 10: Mouse settings constantly resetting.

Discus and support Mouse settings constantly resetting. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by London, Aug 9, 2015.

1. London Win User

Mouse settings constantly resetting.

Hey, folks. Just upgraded to 10. Not blown away so far, but it's a lot less stupid than 8. Glad they gave it away for free, seems like the fair thing to do considering they actually charged people money for 8.

Anyway, I'm here because my mouse settings keep reverting back to factory every time I restart the laptop. I can't stand finger gestures and tap to click, but they keep coming back like a bad case of herpes. Unlike my herpes, I'm still hoping I can cure this problem.

Any help? thanks!

:)

London, Aug 9, 2015

2. touch pad sensitivity on lap top computer

I did not find the touchpad on either the mouse settings or button tab. I am using a windows 10 OS on and Acer Laptop. I cannot move my cursor at all w/o it diminishing the page and then I have to constantly reset to default -- very annoying. For this
    reason, I hate using my new laptop and am eschewing it for my slower chromebook Mouse settings constantly resetting. :(

SallyZubyk, Aug 9, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Mouse Settings Reset Button

Hi Rykel, It seems Microsoft does not provide a button for resetting all your mouse Settings

The best I can provide is a list of the Default mouse settings in Windows 10:

Primary Button: Left

Mouse Wheel Scrolls: Multiple lines at a time (as opposed to a screen at a time)

How many lines to scroll: 3

Inactive window scroll: On

Buttons

Configuration: Right-handed

Double Click Speed: 5th notch from the right

Click Lock: Off

Pointers

Scheme: None

Enable pointer shadow: Off

Pointer Options

Pointer Speed: Center of Slider

Enhance pointer precision: On

Snap To: Off

Display pointer trails: Off

Hide pointer while typing: On

Show pointer location on CTRL: Off

DaveM121, Aug 9, 2015
  4. batlhilz Win User

have you checked that you dont actually have any pending restarts / updates on your "check updates" part?

batlhilz, Aug 10, 2015
  5. jinxxy321 Win User
    I have this issue also and I checked what is stated above and mouse setting still reset every time I restart...

jinxxy321, Aug 12, 2015
  6. TLROP Win User
    I also have this problem. Very annoying. I demand my money back if I actually had to pay for this crap.

TLROP, Aug 25, 2015
  7. London Win User
    What computer are you guys using? I'm using an HP 15-1033wm.

London, Sep 5, 2015
  8. TLROP Win User

I am using a Toshiba Satelite C655-S5206

TLROP, Sep 5, 2015
  9. London Win User
    So no one has figured this out yet?

London, Dec 6, 2015
  10. TLROP Win User
    Nope
    I bought a new computer recently and I made sure that it did not have W10 because of all the problems Ive been having. Ive been thinking about reverting the other computer back to windows 7.

TLROP, Dec 6, 2015
  11. CyFi6 Win User
  12. London Win User
    That solved it! Gee... THAT was simple and intuitive! *Tongue

That has to be the worst fix I've ever had to do. Microsoft really screwed up with that one. Thanks for linking me to the solution! I'll go ahead and repost it here for anyone interested:

London, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse settings constantly resetting. - Similar Threads - Mouse settings constantly

2. "enhance pointer precision" setting constantly being reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "enhance pointer precision" setting constantly being reset: Ever since I've had this computer this option has stayed unchecked, but recently every time I shut down and start up the computer the setting won't save and suddenly it becomes checked again, even more recently it's been re-checking itself mid-session even if I disabled it...
  3. "enhance pointer precision" setting constantly being reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "enhance pointer precision" setting constantly being reset: Ever since I've had this computer this option has stayed unchecked, but recently every time I shut down and start up the computer the setting won't save and suddenly it becomes checked again, even more recently it's been re-checking itself mid-session even if I disabled it...
  4. "enhance pointer precision" setting constantly being reset

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  6. How to reset mouse setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset mouse setting: Hello.how do I reset the mouse settings? I must have installed something that means I can't right-click and select copy. The right button doesn't work at all, I use the latest version of Windows and a Logitech M110. Thanks for any tips I can get. Fredrik...
  7. arc mouse bluetooth pair button not resetting, light constant

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    arc mouse bluetooth pair button not resetting, light constant: I was working with my windows 10 dell computer when the mouse stopped working. I unpaired and disconnected from the bluetooth settings and then tried to reconnect, however holding the bluetooth pairing button on the mouse does nothing. The light never changes to blink mode,...
  8. Personalization Settings constantly resetting

Personalization Settings constantly resetting: I'm having an issue where my background personalization settings are constantly reverting to "Picture" from "Slideshow". This happens mostly when I enter full-screen mode from a game, then exit the game. I can reset my personalization settings fine, but the next time I exit...
  9. Constantly have to reset HDR Settings

Constantly have to reset HDR Settings: Hello, I recently got an HDR-capable monitor and have noticed, that I always have to readjust the slider "Change brightness for SDR content" when rebooting my computer or logging back in after I've been logged in via Remote Desktop. It always gets reset to the very minimum,...
  10. Mouse scroll setting frequently resets

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse scroll setting frequently resets: Hi all, I'm experience some annoying problem with my Win7 to Win10 upgrade. _While using_ the computer the mouse scroll settings reset to 1. This can happen a couple of times during the day even though the computer never has been in sleep mode etc. Any ideas?...