Windows 10: mouse settings lost

Discus and support mouse settings lost in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I have two computers, a desktop and a laptot, both are running Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2 and both have the same problem. I set the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Remigio, May 6, 2021.

1. Remigio Win User

mouse settings lost

Hi everyone, I have two computers, a desktop and a laptot, both are running Windows 10 Pro ver. 20H2 and both have the same problem. I set the mouse pointer on a black one and saved the configuration, but, after each login (for example when windows asks for admin credentials to install something or after a screen timeout) settings come back to default. How can I solve this problem? Thanks a lot and regards

:)

Remigio, May 6, 2021

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, May 6, 2021
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, May 6, 2021
  4. mouse settings lost

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, May 6, 2021
Thema:

mouse settings lost

1. mouse settings lost - Similar Threads - mouse settings lost

2. Bluetooth mouse lost connection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth mouse lost connection: Recently I purchased a Microsoft ergonomic mouse Model# 222-00060 connects directly to computer without a Bluetooth dongle. I was using it successfully for a few weeks until it disconnected and I am now unable to reconnect. Now the Bluetooth on off switch in Bluetooth...
  3. Bluetooth mouse lost connection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth mouse lost connection: Recently I purchased a Microsoft ergonomic mouse Model# 222-00060 connects directly to computer without a Bluetooth dongle. I was using it successfully for a few weeks until it disconnected and I am now unable to reconnect. Now the Bluetooth on off switch in Bluetooth...
  4. Machine freeze lost mouse?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Machine freeze lost mouse?: Lately every 15 minutes or so I lose the mouse. I push the power button to put the computer to sleep and then wake the computer with a key press and the mouse works fine for 15 minutes then I go through the sequence again, and again. It probable takes a minute to go to...
  5. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Support
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  6. Lost settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lost settings: I just started the computer that I haven't used for 6 months and I used EDGE 44 on this. When I started everything was ok except I lost the settings on the task bar and it was replaced with the control panel. I cant find updates so where do I go ? Thanks 155612
  7. Lost Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lost Settings: I had to do a hard shutdown when my computer froze, and now when I log in I seem to have lost all my settings. Every time I shut down and log back in it resets to factory settings....
  8. Lost Settings

Lost Settings: Yesterday they worked, now they don't... Trying to launch Settings I got no response. Trying to launch Display Settings or Personalisation from desktops PPM menu I got attached errors. SFC San didn't help. Same for DISM. Since yesterday there were NO changes. Software or...
  9. Mouse receiver lost

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse receiver lost: My computer quit and I forgot to take my mouse receiver out before taking it to dump. Can I get a new receiver for it. Microsoft Wireless Mobile Mouse 3500 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-receiver-lost/30f41057-9629-4714-aa59-3eb8ba5368c9
  10. Mouse click capability lost

Mouse click capability lost: I am helping my elderly neighbor with an unusual problem. He has a 4 year old Dell desktop running the latest version of Windows 10. After about 15 minutes of the computer being idle, the mouse click function dies (although the pointer still moves). Also, the keyboard...