Windows 10: Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Had an episode last week that finally fixed a video hardware problem but necessitated a Windows 10 Pro repair. All is fine & totally updated now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by StevenDGrant, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10

Had an episode last week that finally fixed a video hardware problem but necessitated a Windows 10 Pro repair. All is fine & totally updated now except...

I have a Microsoft 5000 wireless desktop. The keyboard's still functioning perfectly, but the functions assigned to the buttons on the mouse - I have double-click assigned to the left-side button - refuses to load. I've uninstalled the driver - YES, IT'S THE MOST RECENT DRIVER/CONTROL from Microsoft - & reinstalled it & it then works fine, but about 2 days. But then the programming stops loading when I boot up, & once it stops, rebooting doesn't start it again. I've had the desktop for years with zero problem. Something I could/should tinker with to put this back to it automatically loads again?

Thanks.

:)

StevenDGrant, Dec 20, 2019

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 20, 2019
  3. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Nordic Win User

Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10

1. Mouse settings not holding in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse settings holding

2. Mouse doesn't hold setting on reboot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse doesn't hold setting on reboot: every time I reboot I have to click on search microsoft mouse and kb settings.I don't have to reconfig, but unless open up this app on every boot the mouse will scroll 1000 line, move all over the place, act jumpy, stick, very annoying. updated driver- none, uninstalled...
  3. Mouse doesn't hold setting on reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse doesn't hold setting on reboot: every time I reboot I have to click on search microsoft mouse and kb settings.I don't have to reconfig, but unless open up this app on every boot the mouse will scroll 1000 line, move all over the place, act jumpy, stick, very annoying. updated driver- none, uninstalled...
  4. Mouse doesn't hold setting on reboot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't move mouse while holding a key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't move mouse while holding a key: I can't move my mouse while holding down on a key. I use a track pad, and I use an HP Laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-move-mouse-while-holding-a-key/f40ac3ad-2391-4ff0-aa1a-cb3aceed52b7
  6. Mouse settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse settings on Windows 10: Hello pinheads I have to change my cursor. I already checked mouse settings and failed to change the cursor. Im not liking Windows 10 Professional. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-on-windows-10/950c4b38-8e35-4d04-9367-0160429430ec
  7. Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Not Holding Theme and Notification Settings: Hi all, since updating to the latest version I find that 90% of the time, Windows does not hold the personalized settings. 1. I have set Sideshow>Fill but it keeps reverting to either Slideshow>Tileor Picture>Tile whenever I start. I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit....
  8. Settings for holding screen pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings for holding screen pictures: Is there no longer a facility to have a 'busy' picture when screen has remained at rest? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-for-holding-screen-pictures/ba8431d4-e751-4a53-a4b1-d4f968735ff9
  9. mouse will not click and hold

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mouse will not click and hold: Something has changed in the last few days. The proper function of the mouse is to click once to place the cursor. Click twice to select a word and click three times to select the paragraph. What it is doing, if I click once it selects a word as if I clicked it twice. If I...
  10. Computer does not recognize mouse hold

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer does not recognize mouse hold: This problem has been plaguing me for a few months, and my numerous searches around the internet have failed to yield any solution. After much investigation and a little help from a friend, we've determined that my computer does not recognize when I am holding the right mouse...