Windows 10: Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I notice that the Mouse settings still will not be saved in Windows 10. Does any find this kind of weird that something simple like this hasn't been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Maggidon, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Maggidon Win User

Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10

I notice that the Mouse settings still will not be saved in Windows 10. Does any find this kind of weird that something simple like this hasn't been addressed since July 29th? Or would some believe this is one of those things that will drag on for ever before we see it fixed? Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10 :)

:)

Maggidon, Nov 11, 2015

2. Mouse settings still not fixed in Windows 10???

This reply should have been ended as "Reply with required details which will help us to analyze and assist you in a better way sometime but who knows when."

Lumbergumrubber, Nov 11, 2015
  3. Mouse settings still not fixed in Windows 10???

1) the mouse settings will not save, e.g. scroll lines will not save upon reboot

2) Asus computer with logitech mouse

Please give a reply.

Lumbergumrubber, Nov 11, 2015
  4. crs1 Win User

There is a fix for that issue that has so far worked for me in build 10240 AND the latest build 10586.3 . Many thanks to whomever posted it!

I think I found a fix! After mucking around in the registry, trying all sorts of stuff, moving keys around, with some PARTIAL success but not totally satisfactory... something caught my eye...
    Open up regedit.exe
    Navigate to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Synaptics\SynTP\Install
    Note this is LOCAL MACHINE, not CURRENT USER.
    Look for a key in that Install folder called DeleteUserSettingsOnUpgrade
    Double click and change the value to 0
    Now go back to the Synaptics control panel, set everything how you like, and reboot. See if it holds. It is holding on mine, still have to test on another computer.
    So, this is a sign something weirder is going on behind the scenes, if the driver thinks it is "upgrading" after every reboot.... but anyway, if it works for now, good enough for me!

5. Maggidon Win User
    The problem I have with this fix, is that it's not Synaptics that I'm using. It's an Elan Input Device, so the Synaptics fix doesn't go here. Any other ideas floating about?

Maggidon, Nov 16, 2015
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Wouldn't there be an equivalent key for the Elan Input Device? Have you looked for it?

PJLLB, Nov 16, 2015
  7. Maggidon Win User
    One would think so but I cannot find it. Apparently no one else has either, at least I cannot find anything on the web for it.

Maggidon, Nov 16, 2015
  8. Maggidon Win User

Unfortunately, this is the conclusion of this matter. No fixes by Microsoft nor any solutions from the computer techies.

Maggidon, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse Settings still not fixed in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse Settings still

2. Windows 10 Mouse fixes 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Mouse fixes 2023: I will give you everything that works to troubleshoot a mouse. Even if you have tried a step please do it over in sequence. I will be standing by to help as needed. Try all other ports on the PC, often the front and back will have different USB controllers When did it last...
  3. Windows 10 Mouse fixes 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Mouse fixes 2023: I will give you everything that works to troubleshoot a mouse. Even if you have tried a step please do it over in sequence. I will be standing by to help as needed. Try all other ports on the PC, often the front and back will have different USB controllers When did it last...
  4. Windows 10 Mouse fixes 2023

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless Mouse and Windows 10 "fix": OK. This is my 2nd go around with a Dell Inspiron computer running Windows 10 and trying to deal with a wireless mouse that has the cursor all erky jerky across my screen. I know there are already countless posts dealing with this issue but my most recent experience brings...
  6. Mouse settings on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse settings on Windows 10: Hello pinheads I have to change my cursor. I already checked mouse settings and failed to change the cursor. Im not liking Windows 10 Professional. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings-on-windows-10/950c4b38-8e35-4d04-9367-0160429430ec
  7. Sound settings, issue still not fixed?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound settings, issue still not fixed?: I had recently received a new set of speakers and headset. Since getting them I have run into an issue, the sound settings I set the new equipment to change nearly every time I start my computer. On top of that another device gets add, it's a copy of the headset. I spent a...
  8. Windows 10 Mouse Fix coming?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Mouse Fix coming?: Has anyone heard about any fix coming for the mouse issue that continues to plague Windows 10? I see multiple articles giving the same answers on how to go about changing the settings for your mouse, but they don't address the fact that whatever changes you make are LOST once...
  9. Windows 10 freezes, mouse still moveable

Windows 10 freezes, mouse still moveable: Hello, I've been looking for a solution but seem to not find anything that solves my problem so here is my problem: I recently updated my windows 7 PC to a 100% clean fresh installation of windows 10 even going so far to overwrite any personal data over it to start from...
  10. Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update

Mouse settings still not saving after Windows 10 major update: I was more than disappointed to find after downloading this major update for Windows 10, that the Mouse settings have still not been addressed. Apparently, this is one of those flaws that will go on and on. I am using an ASUS Rupublic of Games Laptop with an ELAN Input...