Windows 10: Mouse settings

Discus and support Mouse settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win 10, I've encountered a myriad of problems. Nothing major, just frustrating. Now, I have a new on and am wondering if anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khone_727, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Mouse settings

Since upgrading to Win 10, I've encountered a myriad of problems. Nothing major, just frustrating. Now, I have a new on and am wondering if anyone might have an answer to it.

Currently, I use a PC and a laptop. On my PC, which I am primary user, my mouse is set-up for left click. On the laptop, which my wife uses, the mouse is set-up for right click. However, most of the time, when the laptop is turned-on, the mouse reverts to left click and I have to go to mouse settings and change it back to right click. Sometimes, after setting the laptop to right click, my PC mouse will change from left click to right click and I have to change that back to left click.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

Khone_727, Apr 15, 2019

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Mouse settings

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Mouse settings

1. Mouse settings - Similar Threads - Mouse settings

2. Inidividual mouse settings does not stay for different users after signing out

in Windows 10 Customization
    Inidividual mouse settings does not stay for different users after signing out: I have an admin account and a user account on PC with Win 10. Admin account uses LH mouse, User account uses RH mouse. Since latest Win 10 update the individual mouse settings do not hold. User accourt reverts to admin settings and vice versa. Any suggestions other than going...
  3. Mouse Settings

Mouse Settings: I have an admin account and a user account on PC with Win 10. Admin account uses LH mouse, User account uses RH mouse. Since latest Win 10 update the individual mouse settings do not hold. User accourt reverts to admin settings and vice versa. Any suggestions other than going...
  4. Change the mouse settings for Micrsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change the mouse settings for Micrsoft Arc Bluetooth Mouse: I use the mouse for CAD work (AutoCad 2020) on a Windows 10 Surface Pro. I would normally expect to be able pan or drag a drawing by holding down the old centre wheel option on the mouse. As the Arc does not have a wheel, I can't seem to do so using the touch pad. The...
  5. Mouse primary button setting

Mouse primary button setting: I use a scroll mouse on the desktop with windows 10, and use "Right" as my primary button. I remote login to the same desktop while I am away using a laptop (mac os or windows 10) which has a normal mouse, and every time I login, I have to change the primary button setting to...
  6. No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No device settings under mouse options when trying to disable touchpad: Hello, I am attempting to disable touchpad while a mouse is connected. I was able to do it on previous laptops with Windows 10 with no problem. However, I just purchased an HP laptop with Windows 10, and that option is not available. I go under Mouse Properties, and I know...
  7. Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off

Windows 10 forgets my mouse settings every time it hibernates or powers off: I am dismayed to find that Windows 10 forgets my.mouse settings every time it hibernates or restarts.Windows 7 did the same thing. Thousands of users complained about it but the issue was never corrected. Am i missing something? Is there a reason it works this way? This...
  8. Mouse minus touchpad settings

Mouse minus touchpad settings: My Mouse properties does not have Synaptics touchpad window https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-minus-touchpad-settings/471b6405-e3fe-4f87-91e0-00150aea0deb
  9. ALPS set mouse monitor error

ALPS set mouse monitor error: Hi guys, There was an obsolete thread which were 2 post posted 1-2 years ago about the ALPS_set mouse monitor error!! People responded by running a 'Hardware and Devices' troubleshooting step which does not work anymore because Windows has removed it. The second one...
  10. when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.: When the computer resets, the mouse cursor is set to the windows default - why does every version of Windows 10 not allow you to add a custom cursor? - well... allows you to add a cursor for one session? - it seems that windows 10 is not stable, and was made by armatures......