Windows 10: Mouse settings

Discus and support Mouse settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Since upgrading to Win 10, I've encountered a myriad of problems. Nothing major, just frustrating. Now, I have a new on and am wondering if anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Khone_727, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Khone_727 Win User

Mouse settings

Since upgrading to Win 10, I've encountered a myriad of problems. Nothing major, just frustrating. Now, I have a new on and am wondering if anyone might have an answer to it.

Currently, I use a PC and a laptop. On my PC, which I am primary user, my mouse is set-up for left click. On the laptop, which my wife uses, the mouse is set-up for right click. However, most of the time, when the laptop is turned-on, the mouse reverts to left click and I have to go to mouse settings and change it back to right click. Sometimes, after setting the laptop to right click, my PC mouse will change from left click to right click and I have to change that back to left click.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks for any suggestions.

:)

Khone_727, Apr 15, 2019

2. Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>Devices.
    • Click on Mouse and Touchpad.
    • In the right pane, click on Additional Mouse Settings.
    • Under Pointer tab, Click on Use Default.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 15, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 15, 2019
  4. Mouse settings

Reset mouse settings in Windows 10?

I tried using your instructions to restore the touch pad mouse on Windows 10. It didn't work

KenHittmeier, Apr 15, 2019
Thema:

Mouse settings

1. Mouse settings - Similar Threads - Mouse settings

2. ALPS set mouse monitor error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ALPS set mouse monitor error: Hi guys, There was an obsolete thread which were 2 post posted 1-2 years ago about the ALPS_set mouse monitor error!! People responded by running a 'Hardware and Devices' troubleshooting step which does not work anymore because Windows has removed it. The second one...
  3. when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.

in Windows 10 Support
    when my computer resets - the custom mouse settings are deleted.: When the computer resets, the mouse cursor is set to the windows default - why does every version of Windows 10 not allow you to add a custom cursor? - well... allows you to add a cursor for one session? - it seems that windows 10 is not stable, and was made by armatures......
  4. Mouse Settings Dont Change.. Help

Mouse Settings Dont Change.. Help: When I set settings for scroll wheel on my mouse the settings dont change. Scroll wheel stays the same as before. How do i fix this? 128985
  5. Mouse Settings Dont Change.. Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Settings Dont Change.. Help: When I set settings for scroll wheel on my mouse the settings dont change. Scroll wheel stays the same as before. How do i fix this? 128985
  6. Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working

Additional settings for mouse and touchpad settings stopped working: Hi, my double-tap to click function had stopped working and when I went in to change my touch pad settings through 'additional settings' it didn't work. The additional setting tab appeared but it was blank. [IMG] How do I fix this? I tried installing new drivers from the...
  7. mouse settings

mouse settings: My browser jumps all over the screen when I move my mouse. How do I stop the browser screen from moving with the mouse? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-settings/5f42605b-39b7-48d4-9db2-c8e78b9c10c1
  8. Windows Pointers & Mouse Settings for left-handed people for WIN10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Pointers & Mouse Settings for left-handed people for WIN10: Are they any downloads that I can use for a customer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-pointers-mouse-settings-for-left-handed/5d8b058a-a8e3-4489-882d-7d828d4005ba
  9. Mouse settings

Mouse settings: I have just bought a wireless keyboard/mouse combo. It works great but I can't find a setting so that I can feel the notches when I scroll. My old mouse went 3 notches at a time but this one is smooth without notches. I have set the mouse to "roll the wheel one notch to...
  10. my mouse setting keeps changing why

in Windows 10 Customization
    my mouse setting keeps changing why: i cant keep my mouse setting it keeps reverting back to the default why. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-mouse-setting-keeps-changing-why/f4d1490e-b441-494d-ad49-f19135254985