Windows 10: Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10

Discus and support Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; The thing is, every time I try to edit my album info in media player (right-click), my cursor shoots to the top left corner of my screen. It doesn't do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by StanleyTrammell85, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10

The thing is, every time I try to edit my album info in media player (right-click), my cursor shoots to the top left corner of my screen. It doesn't do it in any other program except the windows media player. How can I fix this? I bought a wireless usb mouse and it still does it. Please help.

:)

StanleyTrammell85, Aug 8, 2018
  2. freduce Win User

Windows Media Player Mouse Skipping

I have the same issue i think, and i am searching for a fix.
    Problem;
    In Windows Media Player (library), on click, the mouse skips / jumps / shoots to the left top corner of the screen. not the window, the screen. This happens almost every time. When i left-click, all items (songs) that are between the first position of the cursor, and the topleft corner, are selected. On rightclick, the rightclick menu appears in the top left corner. This is extremely frustrating behavior..

I haven't used WMP in a while, so i don't know at which point (or update) this issue would have started.

Windows 10 64bit 1709 build 16299.192
    I already tried disabling WMP by Windows features, restarting and turning it on again, but no luck.

Is there anybody that knows a fix for this? Thanks!

freduce, Aug 8, 2018
  3. Mouse Cursor Shoots to top left corner of screen

Have you checked any of the Related Content that your thread has found for you? This seems to be common problem for Dell users.

Actually I was curious if any of several similar incidents that I contributed to would show up that way. Maybe they were too old. Usually I would mention Mousekeys as a workaround... Here's one:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows8_1-tms/usb-mouse-cursor-dragged-off-screen/b54e34ed-95c1-4c75-bafa-607cb98d19a7

Try to find a less disruptive workaround. If it seems as if the pointer is being dragged away from you as you move it I think Mousekeys could help. Press LeftAlt+LeftShift+NumLock and hold until you see a prompt to start it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Aug 8, 2018
  4. Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10

Mouse Cursor Shoots to top left corner of screen

Recently my mouse cursor has been randomly jumping to the top left corner of the screen. It'll just get stuck there, and if I move the mouse, the cursor will sort of behave like normal, but be quickly flashing in the corner and where I've pointed it, seemingly
    at the same time. If I let it keep going, eventually I can't move the cursor and not even the touchscreen will work - only keyboard shortcuts will - and the cursor is still stuck in the left-hand corner. This has happened several times in the last few days.

The only thing that seems to solve it is completely shutting off the computer, then turning it back on. If I just hit restart the problem persists even when the computer turns back on; I have to actually shut down first.

This happens regardless of whether I'm using the USB mouse, the trackpad, or the touchscreen. I can't find any triggers for this happening - it will just occur after some time of being turned on. I've installed all the latest updates to the OS and the
    drivers. I've done the /scannow thing in the command prompt.

I know the default Microsoft answer is "update your drivers and perform a clean boot, then try safe mode". I'd like an actual answer if possible. Thanks in advance, I appreciate the help.

Jacob Roseberry, Aug 8, 2018
Thema:

Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10

1. Mouse shoots to top left corner of the screen in media player on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse shoots top

2. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  3. Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse pointer moving to the top left or right corner of the screen: When going fullscreen in a game which requires using mouse as aim the mouse cursor moves up to top right or left corner of screen when i press esc or open menu ingame...
  4. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  5. unresponsive screen top left corner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unresponsive screen top left corner: I had this issues before on my windows 10 pc and then I bought new pc with windows 11 installed and I realise that it also happens on the new one. My top left corner of the screen is unresponsive click, scroll etc whatever I do no response, example: Now i'm in the internet...
  6. Mouse keeps moving to top left corner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse keeps moving to top left corner: My mouse keeps moving by itself to the top left corner of my PC. I've replaced my mouse and the problem continues.The touch screen is also somewhat temperamental.Windows 10.Thank you for your assistance....
  7. Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Jumping to top left Corner of Screen?: So starting today and gradually getting worse as the day went randomly my pointer would jump to the top left corner of my main screen. (I have 3 connected screens) No matter what screen I was working on it would jump to the same spot on the screen. I've turned the mouse on...
  8. Mouse irresponsive on top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse irresponsive on top left corner of the screen: My mouse works perfectly everywhere in the screen except for the top left corner. This problem started around a week ago. I checked the mouse drivers but they are of the latest version. [ATTACH] This is the approximate portion of the screen which is unresponsive. Please...
  9. Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen: My mouse pointer automatically moves to the top left corner of the screen. Restarting the computer does not help. Even when the mouse is unplugged the pointer still moves. It moves to the left slowly but up quickly, almost instantly. I am on a desktop PC with no touchscreen...
  10. duplicate screen in top left corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    duplicate screen in top left corner: How do I remove duplicate screen in top left corner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/duplicate-screen-in-top-left-corner/62a58c30-20d5-41cd-aa12-760950c10838