Windows 10: Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

Discus and support Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Zach Alek, Dec 2, 2022.

1. Zach Alek Win User

Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing a wheel and the cursor. Multiple restarts do not resolve it, checking the settings for the Mouse in Control Panel do not resolve it, checking background applications do not resolve it. Does not seem to be related to the OS since its only one ONE monitor, but why would this display affect only occur on one since they are

:)

Zach Alek, Dec 2, 2022

2. Dual monitor, Dual mouse??

Hello,

Please share this information to assist you better.

• How have you setup dual monitors?
    • Are you referring to use 2 different mouse/keyboard with the dual monitor setup?
    If yes, the mouse or keyboard may function same as one another. Since, it has to be connected to single PC/tower.

However, setting up 2 different mouse/keyboard with the Dual- monitor setup, it may not function separately for each monitor.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 2, 2022
  3. JonahBH Win User
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for
    monitor 2, and Set for monitor 2. It doesn't give me an option to set for monitor 1.

JonahBH, Dec 2, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Setting different Backgrounds for Dual Monitors in Windows 10

Hi All,
    If you have a dual monitors and want to set a different background for each. You don't need third party program to set them. Here's an easy way:
    1. Copy the background images to: C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper\Windows

Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up [​IMG]

2. Use CTRL key for multiple selection to select both backgrounds.
    3. Right click on one background->Set as desktop background

You should have a separate background for each monitor.

The background images will be stored under:
    %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Themes
    as:
    Transcoded_000 and Transcoded_001 without extension

If you want to swap the images, just rename 0 to 1, 1 to 0. Sign out and sign back in or
    right click on desktop and select: Next desktop background

Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up [​IMG]

Here's an example:

topgundcp, Dec 2, 2022
Thema:

1. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up - Similar Threads - Mouse shows Working

2. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  3. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor: I just got a vga port splitterfor the first time and connected my two monitors who both support vga and windows does detect two monitors but when i tried to identify which one is which in the display section of the windows settings they both show up as one. Please look at the...
  4. Dual Monitors showing up as one monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  6. Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up

Mouse shows "Working in Background" in only ONE monitor in dual monitor set up: Restarted the PC multiple times, it seems to be affecting how certain Microsoft Suite applications functionality as well. On a multiple monitor set up, one monitor the mouse seems fine, on the second monitor, the mouse is stuck on the "working in background" affect > showing...
  7. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  8. mouse settings with dual monitors

mouse settings with dual monitors: Windows 10 system. I use two monitors and routinely move the cursor from one to the other. Recently upgraded to Norton Ultimate and the mouse pointer will now not move smoothly from one monitor to the other. Also, the display locations seem to reset the opposite of the actual...
  9. mouse settings with dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Different monitor backgrounds for dual monitor set up.: How do I set dual backgrounds on two different monitors? When I go to personalize and right click on the background picture option where it says "Choose your picture" to set to a specific monitor it gives me three options: Set for all monitors, Set for monitor 2, and Set for...