Windows 10: mouse shut down

Discus and support mouse shut down in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Despite changing my power management setting for my usb mouse, it frequently shuts down. even while in use [rarely but has happened] I have changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by GitteMikkelsen2, Apr 18, 2020.

1. mouse shut down

Despite changing my power management setting for my usb mouse, it frequently shuts down. even while in use [rarely but has happened]

I have changed my poer setting for system

changed power management under devises usb

and looked into what else but totally fails in removing the problem.

It can happen 3 times a day, minimum

Even though it is set to be able to wake up the computer, this doesn't seem to happen either.

We have to press and hold power button to force a restart before computer can be used, as keyboard also seems to become inactive??

Occasionally when gone into some form of hibernation we get a "welcome screen" or "Do you like what you see" screen - when this happens, we likewise can not make the computer active, by using keyboard or mouse - and has to force a shut down.

Very frustrated, as it also seems to get worse after an update?

KR

Gitte

:)

GitteMikkelsen2, Apr 18, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 18, 2020
  3. Anne Ros Win User
    Wireless mouse "driver is unavailable" issues

Hi,

The error Driver is unavailable means that there is no available driver installed for your mouse that’s why it is not working. We suggest that you check the mouse driver from the device manager. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Mice and other pointing devices and click it to expand.
    • Check if there is a driver for the wireless mouse.

If there is none, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer’s website of the mouse and download then install the latest mouse driver compatible to Windows 10.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anne Ros, Apr 18, 2020
  4. mouse shut down

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 18, 2020
Thema:

mouse shut down

1. mouse shut down - Similar Threads - mouse shut down

2. Wireless mouse shuts down pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless mouse shuts down pc.: I'm running windows 10 and I have an Onn combo 2.4ghz wireless mouse and keyboard. I have used it for almost a year without issue until today. The keyboard works just fine and the mouse tracks fine but when I right click anything at all it puts my pc to sleep. When I left...
  3. Wireless mouse shuts down pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless mouse shuts down pc.: I'm running windows 10 and I have an Onn combo 2.4ghz wireless mouse and keyboard. I have used it for almost a year without issue until today. The keyboard works just fine and the mouse tracks fine but when I right click anything at all it puts my pc to sleep. When I left...
  4. Wireless mouse shuts down pc.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  6. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly: My laptop is Lenovo 120s 14iap. Recently it keeps randomly shutting down. I checked event viewer and it shows some error event id 41 63, 6008. I did reinstall windows, updated the driver from windows update, and tried some fix from internet. Here i've managed system event log...
  7. Random shut down, suddenly shut down, shut down unexpectedly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Mouse pointer on shut down thing.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Mouse pointer on shut down thing.: So this happened 2 days ago i was trying to shut down my computer but suddenly it stopped at the shutting down part and my mouse pointer was there i let it sit and leave it to shut down after 10 mins i cant take it anymore i pressed my mouse button and it shutted down it...
  9. wireless mouse autmatically shuts down

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless mouse autmatically shuts down: Hello First to mention that there are several similar questions about this issue but none of those were helpful. the issue is as mentioned in the title, my wireless mouse keeps turning itself off, and I can get it to temporarily work after switching it on/off several...
  10. Mouse light is turn on after shut down :/

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse light is turn on after shut down :/: Hello. Can you please help me to solve this problem. Mouse light is turn on after shut down. I have one solution. If I turn off FAST STARTUP,mouse light is turn off but then my pc turn on slower. Do you know another solution where I am not going to take damage on startup...