Windows 10: Mouse side button problems?

Discus and support Mouse side button problems? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I press the side button of my mouse, all it does is basically render my mouse useless while I press it, my cursor is unable to move, I cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Soraline, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Soraline Win User

Mouse side button problems?

When I press the side button of my mouse, all it does is basically render my mouse useless while I press it, my cursor is unable to move, I cannot click, however, when I press left click, it shows all my tab (Including apps), in which I can select which tab to go to by using the arrow buttons on my keyboard (But still renders my cursor useless) How can I get rid of this multitasking system? It is not helpful at all.

:)

Soraline, Nov 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 Mouse Problems

There's a possible answer in the Windows 8.1 forum at the thread Primary mouse button resets after reboot Restores some faith as the person who answered
    is a Microsoft person. That restored faith severely taxed for this being an 8.1 problem that goes back at least 2 years and somehow made it in to the next major revision.

This issue might occur due to corrupt mouse settings.

I would suggest you to make sure that the mouse settings are enabled on the Startup tab.

Follow the methods:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to check if the mouse software is running at the Startup or within the startup list. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “msconfig”. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Startup tab and locate the mouse software (could be Unifying software). Check the box besides the mouse icon and click on OK.
    • Make the required changes for the mouse setting (swap mouse buttons) and then restart the computer.
    Check if that fixes the issue. If not, proceed to the next method.

Method 2:

Let’s make the required change to swap the mouse click settings from registry and check if it resolves the issue. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows+R keys and type “regedit”. Hit Enter.
    • Navigate to the following location:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Mouse\SwapMouseButtons

• Change the key for SwapMouseButtons from ‘0’ to ‘1’.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added
    protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, you can refer to the following steps to back the registry files on the computer:

• Press Windows and R key to open the run box.
    • Type ‘regedit’ and press Enter from the keyboard.
    • Open the File option on the menu bar.
    • Click on Export and save the file with a name on the desktop.
    • If you want to restore the file, you can do so by double clicking the file that you have saved on the desktop.
    Restart the computer.

Puddlewiggle, Nov 19, 2018
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Nov 19, 2018
  4. OneMoar Win User

Problems with mouse cursor lockup.

take the canned air to it with gusto and see what happens
    I used to burn though a mouse every year back when Played competitive quake 3 and it s mods

OneMoar, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse side button problems? - Similar Threads - Mouse side button

2. I have been having problems with my mouse side buttons in games thinking there the same button

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having problems with my mouse side buttons in games thinking there the same button: when i go into a game and bind them to an action, the game thinks they are the same. i have tried other games and this happens to. i have a Glorius gaming mouse wireless i have had no other problems in the past. i have tried to updated all the firmware on the mouse and on my...
  3. I have been having problems with my mouse side buttons in games thinking there the same button

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having problems with my mouse side buttons in games thinking there the same button: when i go into a game and bind them to an action, the game thinks they are the same. i have tried other games and this happens to. i have a Glorius gaming mouse wireless i have had no other problems in the past. i have tried to updated all the firmware on the mouse and on my...
  4. Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update: So, I updated my Windows 10 before I went to work and just started up my PC again. The side buttons on my mouse, which I use to go back and forth when browsing the internet, are not recognized anymore. Not only are they not working, but when I attempt to go into the mouse...
  5. Mouse Side-Buttons

Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  6. program macro for side button on mouse

program macro for side button on mouse: I'd like the left side button on MS wireless mouse 5000 to enlarge the onscreen text by pressing it once rather than clicking 4 or 5 times on Chrome 's magnifying glass icon. thanks in advance from my aching finger, hand, wrist and forearm. Ray...
  7. Disable side buttons on mouse

Disable side buttons on mouse: Hello, I have a problem with my gaming mouse from SPACER model SP-GM-02. The model comes with side buttons which I want to disable. When pressed while browsing, these buttons go forward or back. This is really annoying because I keep pressing them on accident. How do I...
  8. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  9. Mouse button problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse button problem: I have two buttons on the side of my mouse. They used to work, and do what i've bound them to do, but now all they do is skip music or videos that i run in the background, (most often its spotify) submitted by /u/DuckyDasher [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!

Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!: Hello, I have a VICTSING vertical mouse (https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Precision/dp/B07CZ8C81J/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539652452&sr=8-3&keywords=vertical+mouse+victsing). aNd I had used mouse manager to set one side button to be task viewer, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouse forward back buttons reversed regedit