Windows 10: Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update

Discus and support Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, I updated my Windows 10 before I went to work and just started up my PC again. The side buttons on my mouse, which I use to go back and forth when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Squirrel King, Jul 10, 2021.

1. Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update

So, I updated my Windows 10 before I went to work and just started up my PC again. The side buttons on my mouse, which I use to go back and forth when browsing the internet, are not recognized anymore. Not only are they not working, but when I attempt to go into the mouse settings on the control pannel, the buttons do not show up at all. I'm not sure what to do.

:)

The Squirrel King, Jul 10, 2021
  2. Jorge Tan Win User

Problems with KB3194496 update not recognizing bluetooth mouse

Hi,

We would suggest you to update the driver of your mouse.

To update your mouse driver, follow the steps below:

• Make sure that your wireless mouse is connected to your PC.
    • Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for Mice and other pointing device and double-click on it.
    • Look for your mouse name and right-click on it and select properties.
    • Once your mouse tab appears, select Driver and click
      Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

If that does not work, we recommend you to download the latest drivers from the website of your mouse manufacturer and install it manually.

Let us know how it goes.

Jorge Tan, Jul 10, 2021
  3. Ryan Pag Win User
    Microsoft ARC touch mouse USB dongle is recognized as ARC keyboard on windows 10.

Hi,

To further isolate the issue with your touch mouse being recognized as keyboard, we'd like to know more information:

• Is it one USB dongle for the mouse and keyboard?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

We suggest checking the article below to help you resolve the issue.

Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly

Thank you.

Ryan Pag, Jul 10, 2021
  4. Necrofire Win User

Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update

Apple Updates iMac

"The stupid mouse only has one button"
    "That's what you think, look again"

Then I step in.
    "oh, look at that, Apple is at it again with their inability to make things easy to recognize."

Necrofire, Jul 10, 2021
Thema:

Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update

1. Mouse side buttons not recognized after an update - Similar Threads - Mouse side buttons

2. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  3. mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse button intermittantly not recognized by Windows 10: Using the left mouse button is intermittently not recognized in Windows 10. It will work fine for double click, single click, and click and drag. And then it's like the button is not being used at all. I have tried 2 different wireless mice and 1 wired mouse. I changed out...
  4. Mouse Side-Buttons

Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  5. program macro for side button on mouse

program macro for side button on mouse: I'd like the left side button on MS wireless mouse 5000 to enlarge the onscreen text by pressing it once rather than clicking 4 or 5 times on Chrome 's magnifying glass icon. thanks in advance from my aching finger, hand, wrist and forearm. Ray...
  6. Disable side buttons on mouse

Disable side buttons on mouse: Hello, I have a problem with my gaming mouse from SPACER model SP-GM-02. The model comes with side buttons which I want to disable. When pressed while browsing, these buttons go forward or back. This is really annoying because I keep pressing them on accident. How do I...
  7. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  8. Mouse side button problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse side button problems?: When I press the side button of my mouse, all it does is basically render my mouse useless while I press it, my cursor is unable to move, I cannot click, however, when I press left click, it shows all my tab (Including apps), in which I can select which tab to go to by using...
  9. Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!

Mouse side buttons not wokring on various window devices!: Hello, I have a VICTSING vertical mouse (https://www.amazon.com/VicTsing-Wireless-Vertical-Ergonomic-Precision/dp/B07CZ8C81J/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1539652452&sr=8-3&keywords=vertical+mouse+victsing). aNd I had used mouse manager to set one side button to be task viewer, and...
  10. Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse

Not Recognizing 6 Button Gaming Mouse: I recently bought a gaming mouse: Professional 6 Buttons 5500dpi Optical USB Wired Gaming Mouse Mice for PC Laptop | eBay and Windows won't recognize it (Code 43) and it calls it: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed), I tried contacting the seller but he...