Windows 10: Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am randomly caught up with this issue. The cursor on the screen is lagging and skipping across the screen. I have restored my Windows and still the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Ethan Taylor, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10

I am randomly caught up with this issue. The cursor on the screen is lagging and skipping across the screen. I have restored my Windows and still the issue persists.

:)

Ethan Taylor, Mar 9, 2021
  2. KTR
    ktr Win User

Skipping Windows Welcome Screen.

When I initially installed Windows, it used to skip the welcome screen and login. Now after many updates, drivers, etc... it goes to welcome screen. I have no password and only one account. This is for my HTPC, and I really want to right away load MCE, but this thing is the only hitch I have. I looked through user's in control panel, but there is no option to skip. How do you skip the Welcome Screen?

3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Mar 9, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10

1. Mouse skipping across screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mouse skipping across

2. Mouse Skipping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Skipping: Hi!I recently ran into a problem with my computer where my mouse was skipping. It would only happen at a certain place on my mousepad, and if i ran it over the same spot it would keep happening. I then thought that it was my mousepad and used another one. It still kept...
  3. Mouse Skipping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Skipping: Hi!I recently ran into a problem with my computer where my mouse was skipping. It would only happen at a certain place on my mousepad, and if i ran it over the same spot it would keep happening. I then thought that it was my mousepad and used another one. It still kept...
  4. Mouse Skipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  6. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen: Hi!A well known issue, with a lot of advice to be found, but nevertheless I can't fix it.The mouse cursor starts moving rapidly, mostly horizontally, back and forth. Sometimes the user it's not me can use the laptop for an hour or two without any problem, sometimes it starts...
  7. Mouse cursor moves erratically across screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse Stuttering and Skipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Stuttering and Skipping: My mouse has started skipping and stuttering real bad lately and it’s affecting my gameplay, I tried updating drivers, deleting device, turning the polling rate down and I even tried a different mouse and bought a new mousepad and it’s still doing the same thing after all...
  9. Mouse skipping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse skipping: My mouse cursor skips around in screen sometimes on the desktop and in games. The mouse I’m using is the Logitech g903. I’ve tried reinstalling g hub a few times to no avail. Any help? submitted by /u/ryan_loler [link] [comments]...
  10. Mouse "sticky" or skipping

Mouse "sticky" or skipping: Hello, Two weeks ago,I picked up an HP Envy Desktop w/16GB memory and have only installed about a dozen apps. I have noticed that in the initial days the performance seemed pretty smooth. However, today it seems as though the mouse (Logitech m705) is not performing well....