Windows 10: Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows

Discus and support Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have had this problem for a decent while now. It started whenever I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and got 2 165hz monitors. Essentially the problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThomasSanchezUS, May 5, 2021.

1. Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows

I have had this problem for a decent while now. It started whenever I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and got 2 165hz monitors. Essentially the problem is, over time my mouse cursor starts to skip more frames, and inevitably, it starts looking less and less smooth. I also think that my computer starts to run a bit slower as well.I have yet to find any long-term solution to this, but I discovered that when I click on the top of a window and move it around, as long as I don't let go of M1, the lagging stops completely and my mouse movement is smooth. CPU: i9-9900kAnother thing that might be i

:)

ThomasSanchezUS, May 5, 2021

2. Mouse Lag!?!

Basically what it does is remove the mouse acceleration in XP. The mouse will feel slower at first, but eventually you'll get used to it... the only reason why I suggested the mouse fix was because mouse acceleration sometimes causes the sensation of having a laggy mouse (laggy meaning responding slowly). If you meant lag as in jumping around and generally not being responsive, then I guess you'll need to wait for more suggestions *Smile Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows :)

anticlutch, May 5, 2021
  3. Problems with the mouse... stops moving all the time, moves very slowly...

stops moving all the time, moves very slowly...

* Moved from Mobile Devices/Accessories

* Original title: problems with the mouse ,

luisamenezes1, May 5, 2021
  4. Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows

Problems with the mouse... stops moving all the time, moves very slowly...

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with mouse cursor movements on your computer. We will certainly look into this for you.

For better understanding, please let us know:

• What is the version of Windows that is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC and the mouse?
    • Are you aware of any changes after which you are facing issues with the mouse cursor movements?

We can go ahead and try a few steps to isolate the cause of the issue.

I would suggest you to try booting the computer in Safe Mode and check if the issue persists in Safe Mode. If you do not encounter this issue in Safe Mode, then go ahead and try to put the computer in Clean Boot.

Method 1: Check in Safe Mode with clean boot environment

Please refer this
    safe mode
    article and start the PC in safe mode. If the issue persist in safe mode then perform clean boot in safe mode environment, please follow the steps mentioned in this

clean boot
    article. A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, if the issue doesn’t persist in safe mode, then try clean boot in normal mode, so that you can determine whether a background
    program is interfering and causing this issue.

Clean Boot Disclaimer:
    A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program.

Your computer may temporarily lose some functionality while in a clean boot environment, however that functionality will return when you
    reset the computer to start normally after you have finished your troubleshooting.

Method 2: Uninstall driver from device manager

1. Press Windows + X and click on
      Device Manage.
    2. Expand or double-click
      Mice and other pointing devices
    3. Right-click on the listed driver, and then select
      Uninstall device
    4. Select Delete the driver software for this device, and then click Uninstall.
    5. Follow the onscreen steps and restart the PC.
    6. Upon restart, plug in the mouse and install it.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 5, 2021
Thema:

Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows

1. Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows - Similar Threads - Mouse slowly starts

2. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  3. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly: My mouse doesn't work when I move it slowly when I intend to move my cursor slightly, but it only moves when I move the mouse faster. I have this problem in 2/4 of the mouses I use, both of which are new, and I think it might be a Windows problem....
  4. Cursor doesn't move when mouse is moved slowly, but moves when moved quickly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse lagging at specific times???: I am having issues with wireless mouses having lagging issues. I have tried 4 different wireless mouses 3 Logitech and I Microsoft. I work from home and this issue specifically seems to happen between 2-4pm, like clockwork! Last week, when it would happen, I was switching...
  6. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse lagging at specific times???: I am having issues with wireless mouses having lagging issues. I have tried 4 different wireless mouses 3 Logitech and I Microsoft. I work from home and this issue specifically seems to happen between 2-4pm, like clockwork! Last week, when it would happen, I was switching...
  7. Mouse lagging at specific times???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor lags when moving over hyperlinks: Hi, I've been having an issue lately. My cursor sometimes will start to have a weird issue where it lags and becomes slow when hovering and moving over hyperlinks. This is usually resolved by restarting my pc, but it becomes frequent enough that it needs fixing. This is all...
  9. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  10. The Right Mouse Button Responds Slowly (circle) - Solved

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The Right Mouse Button Responds Slowly (circle) - Solved: [ATTACH] Detailed description If you have a context menu which has a lot of 3rd party shell extensions then it’s possible that one of them may be corrupted and that’s why it’s causing a delay in right-click context menu. Also, many shell extensions can all together cause...