Windows 10: Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

Discus and support Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, i encountered this issue ever since i updated my windows 10 Home to latest version 20H2 build 19042.906 which cause my mouse to double clicking... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Raymond., Apr 6, 2021.

1. Raymond. Win User

Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

Hello, i encountered this issue ever since i updated my windows 10 Home to latest version 20H2 build 19042.906 which cause my mouse to double clicking even when i only clicked once like opening a new tab on browser but suddenly it double clicked and created 2 new tabs instead. I've tried to plug in another mouse to my laptop but it still having same issue and when I tried to use my mouse on another laptop windows 7 it's working fine, also this only happens to any mouse i plugged in my laptop while the touchpad doesn't have this issue at all.

I searched on the google and some people seems to have same problem as well and tried other solutions like uninstall and reinstall mouse driver, tried different mouse, and altered double-click speed but doesn't work at all.

I would guess the problem mostly comes from this latest windows update and unfortunately i can't roll back to pre 20H2 version, so hopefully there's some other way to fix this issue. Thanks.

:)

Raymond., Apr 6, 2021
  2. Roohi_Taj Win User

Mouse started double clicking on single click file randomly.

Hi KathZ,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Which version of Windows you are using? (To check, type: winver in start menu and hit enter.)
    • Does this issue occur on a different mouse?

This issue happens, if there is mouse/hardware issue or it can be settings issue. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps as mentioned below:

Method 1: Restore the defaults.

1. Press Windows
      and E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Go to View tab on the top.
    3. Click on Options > Click on Change folder and Search options.
    4. Click on Restore Defaults.
      Click on Apply and Ok.

Method 2: Change the Mouse settings.

1. Click on the Settings icon from the start menu.
    2. Click on Devices > Click on Mouse from the left panel of the window.
    3. Click on Additional Mouse Options from the right pane.
    4. This will open the Mouse Properties window, go to Buttons tab.
    5. Under the Double click speed, drag the slider to the left to slow down the double click speed.
    6. Next, go to Pointer options tab, uncheck the "Enhance Pointer Precision" to
      disable pointer precision to slow down the mouse.

For more information, I would suggest you to follow the
    steps
    provided in the post on 'Windows 10 mouse has started double clicking on single click randomly'.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Apr 6, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

Mouse issues double clicks

I have windows 10. After the latest update, my mouse issues double clicks, causing windows to pop to maximum size and other problems. The problem is not the device. I have a wireless USB mouse and a wired USB mouse. The problem, which started suddenly, exists
    when I use either one. I have tried slowing double clicks, slowing the pointer. W10 will not let me update or roll back the driver.

Anyone else seeing this?

Traderbear, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update

1. Mouse sometimes double clicking with one click issue after windows 10 latest windows update - Similar Threads - Mouse sometimes double

2. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  3. Double-clicking mouse

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double-clicking mouse: For a couple months now I have been experiencing my mouse double-click, and recently it has been triple-clicking at essentially every other click. I'm sure you understand this makes using a computer extremely difficult in a lot of cases. I have looked and it does seem to be a...
  4. Mouse double clicking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse double clicking: Hi.I have some problem with my mouse in windows 10.. It double click. For example drag and drop is annoying my mouse suddenly click the next object. I don't know it's my mouse problem or software. But I want to first try the software one. Thanks for further helps!...
  5. Mouse double click issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse double click issue: My mouse has been randomly double clicking. Usually after a little while of my computer running. I’m on an omen laptop and I don’t know how to fix it permanently. The only temp fix I’ve found is to restart my computer. Other than that I’m so lost. Please help. Thank you in...
  6. Mouse issues double clicks

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse issues double clicks: I have windows 10. After the latest update, my mouse issues double clicks, causing windows to pop to maximum size and other problems. The problem is not the device. I have a wireless USB mouse and a wired USB mouse. The problem, which started suddenly, exists when I use...
  7. Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click

Mouse Issues - Double Click Action on Single Click: Win 10 Pro Workstation Intel Xeon, 16Gb, 2x500Gb SSD - Computer 2 months old. - All updates and patches via Windows and Dell Support Assistant When I single click on a menu button, radio button, menu item, or check box it acts as if I've double clicked. So if its a...
  8. Mouse not double clicking in windows 10

Mouse not double clicking in windows 10: I have tried single click, updating my machine, reinstalling the mouse. The driver can not be rolled back. Single clicking works only with desktop icons and documents but not other programs such as excel and word plus a few games. I am out of ideas. Anyone solved this...
  9. Double click issue after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Double click issue after Windows 10 update: I experience this after I update the "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803". Most of the time it works normally but sometimes it double clicks in random times. I even uninstall the driver "HID compliant mouse" and at first, I thought it's fixed but later on it isn't....
  10. Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10

Mouse double clicking on single click on Windows 10: Mouse double clicking on single click on windows 10, pretty sure its software issue as: 1) it does not happen on another windows 8 laptop 2) I have managed to solve it temporarily (1 day) after uninstalling all drivers through device manager and restarting my laptop. Also...