Windows 10: Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart

Discus and support Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem occurred apparently for no real reason around two weeks ago. Every time I load into Windows 10 the mouse cursor speed is much faster... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlexGJWilson, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart

This problem occurred apparently for no real reason around two weeks ago.

Every time I load into Windows 10 the mouse cursor speed is much faster than the speed I have set it at in the 'mouse settings'. Once a few programmes have loaded the mouse speed reverts to the cursor speed I have set. I have tried a few ideas like disabling pointer precision and adjusting the mouse speed yet these tasks have not changed to issue. When I restart Windows 10, just before reboot the mouse cursor speed again speeds up.

This problem has occurred for apparently no real reason and I just wanted to fix it.

:)

AlexGJWilson, Apr 13, 2021
  2. MarkusH2 Win User

Mouse speed fast on startup

Hello,

When I start up the computer the first time, my mouse is way faster than I have configured it to be. I have found an easy fix for this, albeit an annoying one.

If I restart windows 1 time, the mouse goes back to normal speed.

I´d like my mouse to be the correct speed right away.

Can anyone help me?

MarkusH2, Apr 13, 2021
  3. Booms Win User
    Mouse Wheel Scroll Too Fast

Hi,
    I have a Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse 2000, but, each time I slow the speed of the scrolling using the mouse wheel it works fine, until I reboot the PC. Then, on restarting the speed is super fast again (too fast to really control).
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Apr 13, 2021
  4. tonybow Win User

Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart

fast mouse speed

wife got a new lap top and wife also got new mouse[USB connection ] but speed is too fast-if you only want to move pointer to move a page a short distance the page flicks over to nearly next page and have to pull page down each time grateful for help with
    this problem

thanks tb

tonybow, Apr 13, 2021
Thema:

Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart

1. Mouse speed very fast at start up and just before restart - Similar Threads - Mouse speed very

2. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  3. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device: For the past two days the download speed on my desktop wired connection has totally tanked. My upload speed has taken a slowdown as well, but not nearly to the degree of the download. Every other device I use has perfectly fine internet speed. I've unplugged the Ethernet...
  4. Fast upload speed but very slow download speed on a single device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  6. My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My internet speed is "fast" but my download speed is very slow.: My internet speed is around 130 mbps, however, I only manage to get about 100-200 kilobytes per second of download speed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-internet-speed-is-fast-but-my-download-speed-is/bd6deb53-a783-4aa7-bf9b-ca1e0ec58e23
  7. Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet

Very Slow Download Speed but Fast Internet: Hello, yesterday I posted a question which was fixed but only lasted a couple minutes, then the problem came back. My download speed is stuck on 2MB/s but I used to get around 20MB/s, and my internet speed is around 160mbps. According to the reply from the previous question I...
  8. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Fast Start up: What will happen if I disable the fast start-up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-start-up/09db9a49-60c1-4f01-a2d7-87ddf573d5e1
  9. WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast

WiFi very slow while Internet speed is fast: I have 3 Windows 10 machines, including one laptop/tablet. I can get Internet download speeds of 63 mbps and upload speeds of 11 mbps on my laptop using a 802.11N connection with a DLink DIR-842 router. The router's specs are AC1200 Speeds (up to 300Mbps on 2.4GHz and 867Mbps...
  10. Fast Start up

in Windows 10 Support
    Fast Start up: Is there a way I can turn off fast start up without using the admin password? 92440