Windows 10: Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

Discus and support Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Emily Forrest, Apr 24, 2024.

1. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim Pen. As well, early this morning my lockscreen swiping mechanic started to malfunction and wouldn't let me push it up properly when the screen turned back on. It was slow and jittery and wouldn't actually let me back into the device. I had to restart. I'm worried about this happening again or getting worse.

:)

Emily Forrest, Apr 24, 2024
  2. NickJP Win User

Use either mouse button at login screen

With Windows 8.1 either mouse button could be used at the login screen to select a user account for login. In Windows 10 it seems that only the left mouse button can be used at the login screen. With kids, some of whom are left-handed and use the mouse left-handed, this is confusing, as they click on their user name but nothing happens. Once they login the mouse buttons work as they expect, but for the left-handed ones, the mouse doesn't work as they expect at the login screen. The previous Windows 8.1 behaviour was preferable.

NickJP, Apr 24, 2024
  3. NickJP Win User
    Use either mouse button at login screen

Thanks. The problem with the present mouse behaviour at the login screen is that it is inconsistent. If a left-handed user has been using the machine and left it logged in and locked, the mouse at the login screen is setup for a left-handed user, with the left mouse button not doing anything at all, which confuses a right-handed user who comes along and wants to log themselves in. Whereas if the machine has been freshly booted up or if a right-handed user has left the machine logged in and locked, then it's the right mouse button that doesn't do anything at the login screen.

NickJP, Apr 24, 2024
  4. mrmike Win User

Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

Mouse Pointer Sticking

Every 5/10 minutes, my mouse pointer keeps sticking, for around 1 second, then jumps to where it should have been. It's almost as if the pointer isn't actually sticking but the screen isn't updating. This started happening after upgrading to Windows 10.

Any suggestions?

mrmike, Apr 24, 2024
Thema:

Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

1. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse. - Similar Threads - Mouse sticking side

2. Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse sticking to side of the screen on login, unable to click buttons with finger or mouse.: Using Surface Pro 8 with Windows 11 22H2, fully up to date... This just started happening recently about a week ago, my mouse gets stuck and frozen on the side of the login screen, making me unable to use it or the touch option to login properly. I can only do it with my Slim...
  3. Mouse Side-Buttons

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Side-Buttons: My mouse's side button which normally works as a "back" function instead opens windows office. the button's execution is to "Ctrl Alt Shirt RWin" I have no clue what that means, and not work as a normal "back" function. How to make it go back to being a normal button like it...
  4. program macro for side button on mouse

program macro for side button on mouse: I'd like the left side button on MS wireless mouse 5000 to enlarge the onscreen text by pressing it once rather than clicking 4 or 5 times on Chrome 's magnifying glass icon. thanks in advance from my aching finger, hand, wrist and forearm. Ray...
  5. Disable side buttons on mouse

Disable side buttons on mouse: Hello, I have a problem with my gaming mouse from SPACER model SP-GM-02. The model comes with side buttons which I want to disable. When pressed while browsing, these buttons go forward or back. This is really annoying because I keep pressing them on accident. How do I...
  6. Mouse left click switched to side button

Mouse left click switched to side button: Whenever I'm not signed into Windows my left click function is assigned to the top side button. This is the case on the log in screen and advanced setup but once I sign in the mouse functions as normal. How can I fix this so that left click stays the same? And could the...
  7. How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to remap mouse left-side button to ctrl-click?: I recently started using windows after being a mac use for the past decade. One thing I've gotten very used to is using the left-side button on my (microsoft) mouse to "open in new tab" when I'm in a web browser. However it seems in windows the default mapping for this button...
  8. mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen

mouse pointer sticks to right side of screen: this is on my kid's desktop machine, running windows 10. She has tried the following: Rebooting multiple times, at least 5 Updating drivers multiple times, at least 4 tried different mouse devices, both cabled USB and wireless and in different ports unchecking the box for...
  9. Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse/Touchscreen will not click in the righthand side of the screen: Surfacebook2 running windows 10. The right 2 or 3 inches of my screen does not respond to mouseovers, touchpad clicks or touchscreen commands. It is clear that the touchscreen input is received (there's a little circle on the screen), but it is not registering the clicks....
  10. Mouse side button problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse side button problems?: When I press the side button of my mouse, all it does is basically render my mouse useless while I press it, my cursor is unable to move, I cannot click, however, when I press left click, it shows all my tab (Including apps), in which I can select which tab to go to by using...