Windows 10: MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

Discus and support MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I asked yesterday about my mouse cursor disappearing after a few hours and then having to reboot to get it to reappear. I followed the instructions... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by mgmrpb, Dec 22, 2019.

1. mgmrpb Win User

MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

I asked yesterday about my mouse cursor disappearing after a few hours and then having to reboot to get it to reappear. I followed the instructions given but it is still happening.

:)

mgmrpb, Dec 22, 2019

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Dec 22, 2019
  3. Mouse not working

Hi MaalisuoKofi,

It appears that your mouse is no longer detected on your computer. The possible reasons why its no longer working could be hardware or driver issues. For us to isolate and address this issue, we would like to ask the following information:

• Are you using a laptop or a desktop computer?
    • If a desktop, are you using a USB or wireless mouse?

Since the issue appeared after an OS installation, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter. Follow these steps:

• In the Cortana search, search for Troubleshooting.
    • Click Troubleshooting in the search results.
    • In the left pane, click View all.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

You may also refer to Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows for more information.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 22, 2019
  4. MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

Designer Mouse Not Working

Hi Henry,

We understand that your Microsoft designer mouse is working on other devices but not on your Windows 10 PC. This can be an issue with an outdated mouse driver. As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you update the device driver. Here's how:

• Click the Start button, type "device manager" in the search box, and then select Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find the device that you want to update, and then double-click the device name.
    • Click the Driver tab, click Update Driver, and then follow the instructions.

Feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can assist you with.

Jennifer Bri, Dec 22, 2019
Thema:

MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING

1. MOUSE STILL NOT FULLY WORKING - Similar Threads - MOUSE STILL FULLY

2. Pc not fully working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not fully working: When i wanted to restart my pc fully wiped it starting saying it has failed and started undoing the changes so i tried again and it did the same thing but when i tried to login in after it said user profile cannot be loaded so i went into safe mode but the taskbar and screen...
  3. PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes

in Windows 10 Support
    PC 'Crashes' - Still Hear Sound and Move Mouse Until Fully Crashes: Hello, Sorry if this is the wrong area for some help on this issue. My system spec I have just added to my profile. My problem tends to occur quite often whenever I leave my PC afk or even just playing low performance games/browsing (youtube) and such. So I know it is nothing...
  4. Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen freezes but mouse and sound still work: I have been having this issue for about a week now. Randomly, usually when gaming, my screen would freeze but my sound continues to be normal and I can move my mouse around. But I can't click on anything, alt+tab, or ctrl+alt+del. The only thing I can do is hold my power...
  5. Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen freeze, but mouse and applications still works: Randomly, when exiting from a video in full screen i.e. Youtube, Twitch, etc. while playing games, the screen will "freeze." The mouse still works, I can move it around and interact with the application; I can also see the mouse move. The applications themselves still...
  6. windows freezes but mouse still works

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    windows freezes but mouse still works: so im doing this for my brother. so yesterday he opened his computer and then it said Toshiba like it always has and then when the screen turned to the lock screen nothing showed up except his lock screen background and his mouse whatever button you pressed nothing happened...
  7. Precision mouse not fully charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Precision mouse not fully charging: I recently bought a Microsoft Precision mouse which has a built-in rechargeable battery. When I plug it in to charge it never goes past 75%. It is plugged into a USB 2.0 port on a Dell laptop using Windows 10....
  8. Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Applications fully transparent, but still interactable.: I've fairly recently gotten a new computer with Windows 10. Some of the applications I install will look transparent (with only the border being visible) or pitch black when they are opened. They can be fully interacted with, and aren't on another display or anything. It's a...
  9. Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working: Hi, Hopefully sometime in the near future the developer's of edge browser will give us more option's when using a mouse, such as back. David *Sad 55834
  10. Battery fully charged, but still charging

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Battery fully charged, but still charging: My laptop has a battery light which tells me when my laptop is fully charged. When it is fully charged (it is green), Windows still says "05 minutes until fully charged" and then charges for another half hour. In the past the light has been reliable, so I believe that windows...