Windows 10: Mouse stopped working after a factory reset

Discus and support Mouse stopped working after a factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently factory reset my computer since it was getting really slow due to all the random stuff I had on it, it was going well until I got to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Emma_158, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Emma_158 Win User

Mouse stopped working after a factory reset

I recently factory reset my computer since it was getting really slow due to all the random stuff I had on it, it was going well until I got to the setup page that says 'Hi there' and asks about where you live, your time zone, etc. And the mouse just stoped working. (The keyboard probably did too but I don't have any way to test it currently.) At first I tried unpluging the mouse and repluging it in, restarting the computer, and unplugging he computer for a day or two, but when none of that worked I thought my mouse was just broken so I went and got another one but that mouse didn't work either, in total I tried about 4 mice before I concluded it just wasn't working, there are no error messages or anything either and the mouse pointer doesn't even appear on the screen.

How do I fix this so I can finish setting up the computer?

:)

Emma_158, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Sher Amo Win User

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Jayj Win User
    Factory reset not working, stops at 50%

Factory reset reachs 50% and the it stops and With the message There was problem with resetting you computer not changes have been made.

Jayj, Jun 7, 2019
  4. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Mouse stopped working after a factory reset abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Mouse stopped working after a factory reset - Similar Threads - Mouse stopped working

2. Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse & Keyboard stopped working after reset.: My keyboard and mouse aren't working after I reset my pc. I tried to reset my pc of the malware I got. In result I reseted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stop working. My mouse and keyboard works when i'm in BIOS settings or that blue screen repair thing. I tried going to...
  3. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  4. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working: Soo i updated my video card/graphic card and after i did, it i needed to restart my pc so i did. After i needed to delete the update because i cant enter my pc, it was loading trouble shoot .then its was loading for about an hour then i unplug the wire thats giving power to...
  5. Factory reset mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  6. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  7. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset: Today I decided to factory reset my computer after and selected delete all and after it was finished I wasn’t able to use my keyboard or mouse to select any of the set up options meaning I couldn’t get pass the select region screen I used the extra start up options and it...
  8. Keyboard and Mouse not Working after Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc: Hi to all, can some one help me my keyboard and mouse not working after factory resetting pc. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-after-factory/3fa24d87-249d-4da8-aeed-b8f5c3593091
  10. ArtDio speakers stopped working after a factory reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ArtDio speakers stopped working after a factory reset.: I am running windows 10. My speakers were working, but after I performed a factory reset they no longer work. I have run troubleshooter and updated/uninstalled/reinstalled audio drivers. For some reason it says it's not plugged in but it is? I am at a loss of what to do....