Windows 10: Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

Discus and support Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, as the title says my mouse has stopped working after I installed VirtualBox. While I was installing it asked to install a driver, I clicked ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DjSt3rios, Feb 19, 2018.

1. DjSt3rios Win User

Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

Hello, as the title says my mouse has stopped working after I installed VirtualBox. While I was installing it asked to install a driver, I clicked ok and from that point the mouse stopped working. I've looked over the internet for about 3 hours and I still haven't managed to find a fix. The mouse works fine in BIOS. I also did a system restore without a luck, but while I was doing it the mouse was working just fine! (I wasn't loaded into windows yet!). I am not sure which driver VirtualBox installed, but I already uninstalled the application and the problem is still there. Here's a few things that I tried:
    1) Updating USB drivers using Driver Booster.
    2) From device manager, clicked update driver -> Pick from list -> mice and pointing devices -> Standard Serial Mouse/HID Mouse

Any help would be awesome.

:)

DjSt3rios, Feb 19, 2018

2. Network Bridge Stops Working after Creator's Update

I solved my problem by re-installing VirtualBox so that it can re-add its Network Adapter. Then I re-created the bridge and configured the Adapter within VirtualBox.

AlexTzonkov, Feb 19, 2018
  3. Can not run "some" exe files since upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10

I am trying to run virtual box and when I click on the exe files my mouse spins a few seconds and nothing. No errors, nothing. Virtual box downloaded and on my desktop but will not run.

When I try to run the VirtualBox 5.0.14 Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack it will not run, it too spins a few seconds and stops. What can I do to fix this?

LuckyJackPWinner, Feb 19, 2018
  4. Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

Hi DjSt3rios

Not sure how you did item 2) without mouse but if you can get into device manager expand the mouse section. As well show hidden devices. Delete all specialty mice and if asked their software / drivers too. I leave one HID mouse installed.

If you can't do this I would think the next course of action would be to boot into safe mode where I think your mouse will work with the MS default driver.

You should be able to use ALT+F4 to initiate the Windows Shutdown menu. Use arrow keys to get "Restart". While holding the shift key down use the enter key to restart. This should start the Advance Startup Options

Boot to Advanced Startup Options in Windows 10

Once in safe mode perform the deletes.

You should be able to reboot and I would expect your mouse should be working. You may have to re-install any specific drivers for your mouse.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Feb 21, 2018
  5. DjSt3rios Win User
    Thanks for the reply, unfortunately the mouse wasn't working in safe mode either! I enabled mouse control using the keyboard to navigate. In the end I downloaded windows 10 and reinstall while keeping my apps and files, so I didn't lose anything, and the mouse now works. Cheers!

DjSt3rios, Feb 22, 2018
  6. Excellent. Good news. Thanks for posting your solution.

If you get a chance please mark the thread Solved.

Caledon Ken, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox

1. Mouse stopped working after installing VirtualBox - Similar Threads - Mouse stopped working

2. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  3. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install: Hi. My SSD stopped working so I needed to get a new drive and reinstall windows 10. My mouse and keyboard no longer work when I sign into windows so I can not search for any driver updates. The mouse and keyboard do work in BIOS.Thank you...
  4. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after windows install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse stops working after installing Mouse and Keyboard Center

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse stops working after installing Mouse and Keyboard Center: I have Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse that is work fine in Windows 11 out of the box. The device was detected and the needed drivers were automatically installed by Windows 11. Later I downloaded and installed the the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard. When the software is brought...
  6. Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse stops working after installing Mouse and Keyboard Center

Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse stops working after installing Mouse and Keyboard Center: I have Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Mouse that is work fine in Windows 11 out of the box. The device was detected and the needed drivers were automatically installed by Windows 11. Later I downloaded and installed the the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard. When the software is brought...
  7. SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox: I had installed VirtualBox and was running Ubuntu on it. As soon as I closed the virtual machine, I was hit with the BSOD with stop code: SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR.I was tweaking the RAM and core usage on it for a few hours. In the end when I had assigned it 4 cores out of 12 and...
  8. SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox

SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR after installing VirtualBox: I had installed VirtualBox and was running Ubuntu on it. As soon as I closed the virtual machine, I was hit with the BSOD with stop code: SECURE_KERNEL_ERROR.I was tweaking the RAM and core usage on it for a few hours. In the end when I had assigned it 4 cores out of 12 and...
  9. Mouse stopped working after a factory reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stopped working after a factory reset: I recently factory reset my computer since it was getting really slow due to all the random stuff I had on it, it was going well until I got to the setup page that says 'Hi there' and asks about where you live, your time zone, etc. And the mouse just stoped working. (The...
  10. Virtualbox suddenly stopped working- DLLs not signed?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtualbox suddenly stopped working- DLLs not signed?: So, all of a sudden virtualbox seems to think all my system DLLs are unsigned. Is there any way to re-sign the DLLs? Tried sfc /scannow, no help. 42254