Windows 10: Mouse stopped working after last update

Discus and support Mouse stopped working after last update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Don't know the update number. I restarted a few times and reconnected my wireless mouse but it won't move at all... I'm pretty sure it's not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Kent Slaughter, Jul 4, 2019.

1. Mouse stopped working after last update

Don't know the update number. I restarted a few times and reconnected my wireless mouse but it won't move at all... I'm pretty sure it's not the batteries as they haven't been in long and the laser is still bright.

The obvious solution is just to buy a wired mouse... But does anyone know why this has happened? Should I roll back the update? I might be able to accomplish that but it's tricky as my windows, tab and Esc keys don't work either...

Thanks

Kent

:)

Kent Slaughter, Jul 4, 2019
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Mouse stopped working after last update abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jul 4, 2019
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jul 4, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Mouse stopped working after last update

My mouse just stopped working.

Hi
    PastySiver,

There are a lot of possible factors for the mouse to stop working. To isolate this matter, we have some questions
    for you:

• Were there any changes made before the issue occurred?

• Were there any recent applications installed?

• Have you tried to update your drivers manually?

• Aside from what you have mentioned, what other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

I recommend that you run the Hardware and Device troubleshooter. To run the troubleshooter, follow these steps:

• Access
      Control Panel.

• Change
      View by
      from
      Category
      to
      Small icons.

• Choose
      Troubleshooting.

• Select
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter.

Kindly post a screenshot of the return message from the troubleshooter so that we can investigate this matter further.

We'll be waiting for any updates from you.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jul 4, 2019
Thema:

Mouse stopped working after last update

1. Mouse stopped working after last update - Similar Threads - Mouse stopped working

2. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  3. headphones stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    headphones stopped working after last update: Head phones stopped working after last MS Update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/headphones-stopped-working-after-last-update/0d34d892-46bb-435f-826a-5d7b6f147d92
  4. The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    The keyboard and mouse stopped working after last update: Windows 10 with the latest updates. The keyboard and mouse stopped working. tried connecting via usb receiver, bluetooth, or usb. Devices are detected but do not respond to movements or clicks. The device Manager has the driver error status. I connected about 5 different...
  5. Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse and Keyboard stopped working after update: So yesterday when i turned off my pc the windows installed a update. Now when i turn on my pc my keyboard and mouse dont work. Need some help plsss. submitted by /u/BlackBaad [link] [comments]...
  6. after last update my mouse does not work right?

after last update my mouse does not work right?: after last update my mouse does not work right? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse/7819a4c8-ee64-453f-b977-47a3813fda29
  7. Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update

Mouse and keyboard stopped working after last Windows 10 update: Hello, Yesterday (September 12th, 2019, around 10:30 PM CET) an update was installed on my mother's computer (Windows 10). Since then, the mouse and the keyboard are not detected anymore. Here is the list of what we tried: - Unplug and plug the keyboard and the mouse -...
  8. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working after latest update?: I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues. All...
  9. Windows Media Player Stopped working after the last update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Media Player Stopped working after the last update?: Windows Media Player Stopped working after the last update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-stopped-working-after-the/84db0b8a-8303-45ef-87dd-a89b22a09998
  10. Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Teamviewer stopped working after last nights win10 updates: I Tried to connect to my 2 other PCs this morning. I just get a screen where it says it's 'Initialising Display parameters' but will not get past this screen. Was working perfectly yesterday! Oh and I can take control of these same computers if I try it from my Linux...