Windows 10: Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Discus and support Mouse stopped working after latest update? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates. My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichaelSilvia1, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Mouse stopped working after latest update?

I've grown a deep disdain for Microsoft products and their crappy updates.

My computer was working fine and then suddenly my mouse stopped working. The USB doesn't detect ANYTHING now. A Google search shows just about EVERY year a Microsoft update causes USB issues.

All of my drivers are gone in the Mouse section of the control panel. I use wireless mouse devices. So I ran to Staples and bought a wired mouse. Still doesn't work. Bought new batteries for the wireless mouse.

Impossible to get anyone from Microsoft to assist.

Any ideas?

:)

MichaelSilvia1, Jun 6, 2019
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Mouse stopped working after latest update? abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Microsoft mouse stop working after some update

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to Update and install the latest (Keyboard and mouse) drivers from the manufacturer web site and check if it helps.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Method 2.

Try updating the latest Mice and other pointing devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the audio drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.

c. Right-click on the HID compliant mouse and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist install the drivers in compatibility mode and check.

Method 3::Compatibility mode

I would suggest you to install the latest available drivers on manufacturer's website in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps below on how to install driver in compatibility mode:

1. Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Marie Ave Win User

Mouse stopped working after latest update?

Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Mouse stopped working after latest update?

1. Mouse stopped working after latest update? - Similar Threads - Mouse stopped working

2. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  3. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth stop working after latest updates: BT device reinstalled throw BT manager. Latest drivers founded and reinstalled. Nothing work!MSI GF66 Katana. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bluetooth-stop-working-after-latest-updates/a11d57d4-b4e6-477d-9f7d-576b043e4fef
  4. Bluetooth stop working after latest updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  6. Camera stopped working after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera stopped working after latest update: I have a surface X and all the sudden, face login and camera is not working, may have been a recent update but not certain.Have uninstalled and reinstalled all devices under camera, but it has not helped.Any ideas?TIA!...
  7. Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard and mouse not working after latest update: HiWhen powerin on my pc my keyboard and mouse work just fine but once windows loads up into the lockscreen they do not work what so ever.This issue has occured to me BEFORE and a system restore fixed it however, if you read on you will see i attempted this again without any...
  8. USB stopped working after latest update

USB stopped working after latest update: USB stopped working after latest update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-stopped-working-after-latest-update/852dc6e9-8f23-4440-9b8e-deb3f802b4b2
  9. mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update

mouse not working after latest Windows 10 update: After the latest WIndows update, my Microsoft 3500 wireless mouse work. I have checked Device Manager under Mice and other pointing defivces and it isn't listed. Under 'View' I selected show hidden devices and it is not there either. How do I get the mouse back online?...
  10. USB mouse not working after latest update.

USB mouse not working after latest update.: Usb mouse not working after latest update. Has anyone found an answer yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-mouse-not-working-after-latest-update/63430795-c73e-4da2-a5a3-c7a3b06f67fb