Windows 10: Mouse stopping or typing stopping

Discus and support Mouse stopping or typing stopping in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a dell inspiron 3541 running Windows 10. When I type or when I drag the mouse across the screen, there is a pause, then it cathes up. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CarrollRockwell, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Mouse stopping or typing stopping

I have a dell inspiron 3541 running Windows 10. When I type or when I drag the mouse across the screen, there is a pause, then it cathes up. Tried updating. To no avail.

:)

CarrollRockwell, Feb 5, 2020

2. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10
    I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Mouse stopping or typing stopping

Printing stopped with November upgrade

Hey Prestonpdx,

I would suggest you check if the print spooler is running. Start/Stop print spooler service. Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + R, type services.msc
      and press Enter.

• From the list, locate Print Spooler service.

• Double click on the service and select Stop.

• Restart the computer, repeat step 1&2.

• Double click on the service and check if the service is started.
    Get back to us with the updated status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

SujataMoktan, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Mouse stopping or typing stopping

1. Mouse stopping or typing stopping - Similar Threads - Mouse stopping typing

2. Mouse stops working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stops working: My mouse randomly stops allowing me to click, ive tried DISM, scannow, virus scan, and fully reinstalling windows but nothing is working. Ive also made sure its not something simple like i changed it from left click to right click and it happens even when i try to use the...
  3. mouse stopping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stopping: my mouse is driving me crazy it will stop for a couple of seconds then start working again sometimes it happens like every 10 sec. I thought it was a game I was playing so I tried another, same thing sdo I went to my cesk top same thing, sometimes it makes a sound like ding...
  4. Mouse stopped working

Mouse stopped working: One day the mouse was working as it should and the next it just stopped working at all and is still out of action. I have reviewed some fixes and attempted some but I still can't get mine working. Trouble shooting was no help as it responded by saying the mouse was connected....
  5. Mouse stops tracking

Mouse stops tracking: I posted this yesterday at: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mouse-stops-tracking/3eff5f80-2f1b-4423-a5b3-7db75fce0fb9?tm=1556136052083&auth=1 The solution initially provided seemed to work for a while but the problem returned. I did...
  6. Mouse stops tracking

Mouse stops tracking: Hi, I have a problem with my mouse (currently Logitech MX518). I am on Windows 10 on a Surface Pro. It seems to stop tracking at random for about half a second at a time. All my drivers are up-to-date, and I do not have any pending windows updates. Here is what I have noticed...
  7. mouse stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mouse stopped working: My mouse no longer works. Control shows where it SHOULD be, where I last touched the screen, but the pad will not move it and I cannot see the pointer. System says that the device is working. NOT....
  8. mouse stops scrolling

mouse stops scrolling: hi everyone sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll. I am using an external mouse, but it happens with the mouse on the keyboard and if I try with another mouse it does the same thing....
  9. Mouse selection stops

Mouse selection stops: If I try and make a selection using the mouse, it works for up to about 10 seconds and then it is as if I had released the mouse button. I have stopped every application running, but it still stops after a short period. I use Photoshop a lot, and it is very frustrating....
  10. My mouse stops

My mouse stops: For no apparent reason the mouse stops. When I click on an object the is no response and the keyboard at the same time stops….I have wait a few moments 5-30 seconds it will start again..l.there is no warning that it going happen….went to Dell and download drivers no go one...