Windows 10: mouse stopping

Discus and support mouse stopping in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my mouse is driving me crazy it will stop for a couple of seconds then start working again sometimes it happens like every 10 sec. I thought it was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by vett, Jan 16, 2020.

1. vett Win User

mouse stopping

my mouse is driving me crazy it will stop for a couple of seconds then start working again sometimes it happens like every 10 sec. I thought it was a game I was playing so I tried another, same thing sdo I went to my cesk top same thing, sometimes it makes a sound like ding dong and it will stay dead for a couple of minutes then ding and comes back.!!!!

:)

2. Mithin_EJ Win User

how to Stop hover of mouse to inactive sites

Hi albertschmaedick,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, could you please provide me some more information, so that I can assist you better.

1. Does this happen when you’re accessing the website or it happens with all the Windows?
    2. Do you use Touchpad mouse or Regular mouse on your PC?

However, I suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if that helps.

1. Click on Windows key +
      R button and type Control panel
    2. Click on Ease of Access
    3. Then click on Activate Windows by hovering over it with the mouse
    4. Then click Apply and
      OK.
    We await your response.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Jan 16, 2020
  3. Marie Ave Win User
    Mouse stopped working

Hi Bec,

One possible reason that your mouse is not working is due to outdated or corrupted drivers. For us to isolate your concern, we would need the following details:

• Which version of Windows 10 have you installed recently? To see which version of Windows 10 is installed on your PC, click on the
      Start button and then select Settings. In
      Settings
      , select System > About.
    • Were there any changes made prior to the issue?
    • Are you using a wireless or wired mouse?

We suggest that you run the Bluetooth Troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Select the Start button, then select Settings > Update & security > Troubleshoot.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, select
      Hardware and Devices > Run the troubleshooter.

If the issue still persists, follow the troubleshooting steps provided in
    Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows article.

Update us with the results and let us know if you need further assistance.

Marie Ave, Jan 16, 2020
  4. mouse stopping

Wired Keyboard and Mouse Stop Working - Windows 10

I have an old Dell Studio that is running windows 10 ---

Ir has Windows 10 and SSD installed - to me it does what it needs to do but this darn mouse and keyboard stuff stopping working with no rhyme or reason is making me very frustrated.

Keyboard and Mouse are wired - NOT WIRELESS

• I cannot easily unplug and plug in the mouse/keyboard to get it going again... they are still lit up but they are dead basically and I have to do a hard reset.
    • USB selective suspend is disabled.
    • I checked the drivers for the keyboard and mouse and they are updated.
    • I checked to see if PC has KB4074588 and it does not.

I am not sure what else to do.... I can go days without the issue and then days where anytime I step away from the PC it stops working.

I can say when it is working it just does not just stop ... only when I walk away and the machine is idle or the screen is locked.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

MrKris0019, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

mouse stopping

1. mouse stopping - Similar Threads - mouse stopping

2. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  3. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it: how do i fix a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll, i took it apart trying to fix the problem but nothing worked. its also very annoying because i play video games o here that use the scroll and a button to do something....
  4. a problem where my mouse stops tracking whenever i scroll it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  6. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up: I restarted my pc and my keyboard and mouse stopped working on startup. Whenever I try to open windows it says my device ran into a problem and needs to restart, then it runs the automatic repair but then says it can’t repair. I think all my other usb ports stopped working as...
  7. Windows 10 keyboard and mouse stop working on startup and now my windows won’t boot up

8. My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...: So I use my computer for gaming on and off from 2:30 to 8:00. the computer doesn’t get overheated too much I make sure it doesn’t. I run windows 11 and I have tried using 3 different mice and they all have the same problem. I even checked drivers for all of them everything is...
  9. My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...

My mouse stops working and doesn’t work until I press the physical power button on the...: So I use my computer for gaming on and off from 2:30 to 8:00. the computer doesn’t get overheated too much I make sure it doesn’t. I run windows 11 and I have tried using 3 different mice and they all have the same problem. I even checked drivers for all of them everything is...
  10. after a reset my mouse stopped showing arrow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    after a reset my mouse stopped showing arrow: After a Lenova Laptop screen went black a complete reset was done.My wireless mouse is no longer working .I have tried Devise Manager and it says the mouse is working properly...