Windows 10: mouse stops scrolling

Discus and support mouse stops scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; hi everyone sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll. I am using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by calmat, Sep 27, 2016.

1. calmat Win User

mouse stops scrolling

hi everyone

sometimes when I scroll down with my mouse it stops scrolling, if I press esc. button or the down arrow it starts to scroll.
    I am using an external mouse, but it happens with the mouse on the keyboard and if I try with another mouse
    it does the same thing.

Can anyone help with this problem

Regards

:)

calmat, Sep 27, 2016
  2. Bru_Al_N Win User

Microsoft Surface Mouse stopped scrolling after installing Creator Update.

Hi. My Microsoft Surface Mouse stopped scrolling. Apparently stopped to scroll when I installed the Fall Creator Update. Mouse movements work, scrolling page down does not work. My Bluetooth arc mouse work s fine. I'm running Windows 11 Pro version 10.0.16299
    Build 16299. Warm regards

Bru_Al_N, Sep 27, 2016
  3. ddaemen Win User
    Windows 10 Mouse clicks twice sometimes

Same problem here. Even worse:

1. It sometimes also triple clicks.

2. While in the middle of dragging something, the drag operation abruptly stops without releasing the mouse button. I've already bought a new mouse because I thought it was a mouse issue. It all becomes worse when I'm working remote to my office.

3. While scrolling on a web page, the scroll operation gets locked (with the scroll arrow). Clicking the middle mouse button stops this behavior.

ddaemen, Sep 27, 2016
Thema:

mouse stops scrolling

1. mouse stops scrolling - Similar Threads - mouse stops scrolling

2. Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Scroll Wheel stopped working: Hi I could really use some help with my mouse. I have a Samurai Black 3600 Optical Gaming Mouse. I've had it since June of 2019, and it's worked perfectly fine up until yesterday. I don't know why but the scroll wheel just stopped working. If I leave it alone long enough, it...
  3. Mouse scroll wheel stops working sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse scroll wheel stops working sometimes: I've recently upgraded W8.1 to W10. Since then I've been having this issue. Sometimes because of something, which I don't know what specifically, causes my mouse scroll wheel to stop working. I can scroll up and down by clicking the scroll wheel and then moving the cursor up...
  4. Mouse scroll stops working for no reason.Help!

Mouse scroll stops working for no reason.Help!: Hello. Sometimes the scrolling on my mouse stops working and i have to click the middle mouse button,to the circle with the arrows,and scroll a bit that way.After that it works fine for some time. Iv tried different browsers,uninstalling drivers,changing USB ports and of...
  5. Microsoft Studio Mouse wheel stopped scrolling

Microsoft Studio Mouse wheel stopped scrolling: A while ago, my Microsoft Studio Mouse's scroll wheel stopped working. I checked the drivers and they are up to date. I tried to change the characteristics from "one screen at a time" to "multiple windows at a time" just to see if changing the settings would wake it up. No...
  6. Mouse scrolling

Mouse scrolling: My mouse scrolls very fast when ever I go on Facebook. It works fine on all other sites. I have tried several suggestions, but no results. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-scrolling/12bd117e-b1e5-48fb-959f-4da0dc1d9edf
  7. Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling

Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling: I updated my Windows 10 laptop last night and now when I'm scrolling anywhere, if I don't give an extra click on the scroll bar it won't stop scrolling. Additionally, in Photoshop when I'm using brushes or erasing, it won't stop erasing until I click with the mouse button....
  8. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Browsers and Email
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  9. Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop Mouse Scrolling in Browser: Hi, I have just decided to move from Win 8.1 to Win 10 Pro. When I am using my browser (most of the time I am using Edge) when I use my scroller on my wireless mouse it moves my browser page back … How can I stop this happening? Thanks 117661
  10. Mouse scroll stopped working

Mouse scroll stopped working: Suddenly the scroll wheel doesn't work. I've got a Dell 8500 PC, a Dell USB mouse and Windows 10. Everything has been fine, but suddenly the mouse is haywire. I tried updating my Dell drivers, checked the mouse settings in Windows 10 and turned off the "Scroll on inactive...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mouce middle button stops scrolling down