Windows 10: Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

Discus and support Mouse stops working after 15 minutes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas... My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Mike212, Apr 21, 2016.

1. Mike212 Win User

Mouse stops working after 15 minutes

Any assistance with this one would be appreciated as I am out of ideas...

My wife's laptop, a Packard Bell Easynote, has developed a problem whereby the wired mouse stops working after about 15 minutes use. Changing USB sockets does not help, and only a full restart starts the mouse again for about 15 minutes. This is the case for two mice, one a Dell mouse and the other a Lenovo one.

The computer beeps when a mouse is connected/disconnected to/from any USB port while the mouse is not responding suggesting that they are still powered, and I have attempted to fix by updating the drivers with no change.

This was also happening with Windows 7 and has transferred with the upgrade to Win 10?

System specs are - Easynote TS, Intel core i5, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD using Intel HD graphics 3000

Help!!!

:)

Mike212, Apr 21, 2016

2. My keyboard and mouse randomly stops working

Hey

My keyboard and mouse randomly stops working after about 15 minutes or after 2 minutes I open my computer.

Unplugging and plugging again doesn't work.

Both keyboard and mouse are wired.

Everest Rampage KB-R7 Keyboard

Logitech M100

How do I fix this please help me out!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

handykiller123, Apr 21, 2016
  3. ssk108 Win User
    Days after Windows 10 upgrade, mouse stops working HELP!!!

Holding down the windows button + x gets no response..... in fact pressing any of the keyboard keys gets no response, and the mouse will not work. Have tried detaching and reattaching the usb cable from the mouse and also tried another mouse..... should
    I just shut off the computer and try turning it back on?

The mouse suddenly stopped working about 15-20 minutes after the Windows 10 download. Up till then all was normal.

ssk108, Apr 21, 2016
  4. Mike212 Win User

I have yet to see whether this has fixed it, but I just switched the 'selective USB suspend' to disabled and then changed the power settings to 'never' for the sleep and power off options in the power control panel when power is connected - time will tell.....

One thing I forgot to mention above, the trackpad continues to work when the mouse disables itself, but my wife prefers to use the mouse, otherwise the fix would be to use the trackpad...

Mike212, Apr 21, 2016
  5. Mike212 Win User
    ... During extensive use over the last 24 hours the mouse has just stopped working again? Now I am really lost....

Mike212, Apr 22, 2016
  6. Have you made sure the BIOS is up to date when she came up from Windows 7
    If not then go to the HP Site and see if there is a later update for it
    Here is the link read it through it will tell you how to find your version
    Then how to download and update it
    HP Notebook PCs - Updating the BIOS | HP® Customer Support

If it does not work then use touchpad as I do because I use that instead of the mouse
    I find it easier

hTconeM9user, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mouse stops working after 15 minutes - Similar Threads - Mouse stops working

2. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  3. Sound stops working after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound stops working after a few minutes: Hi, I am having trouble with my laptops speakers. The sound just stopped working out of the blue. Its not physical damage and I have updated, rolled back, uninstalled and reinstalled drivers and watched many many youtube tutorials but nothing seems to work. Sometimes when i...
  4. USB Ports stop charging after 15 minutes?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Ports stop charging after 15 minutes?: hi guys, I have a new DSLR camera, which they equipped with a usb-c connector on the camera's end, great! It's supposed to charge with that plug as well, in fact it does, HOWEVER something funny is happening: When i plug the camera via that cable to my PC, either usb-c to...
  5. USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB keyboard and mouse stop working few minutes after signing.: Hi, I recently encountered a problem on my laptop, I have an external wired keyboard and a separate USB. These devices were working fine the last couple of months, then suddenly they stopped working. When I boot up I can use them properly but a few minutes after I can't use...
  6. Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't stop laptop going to sleep mode after 15 minutes.: I've changed the settings. Didn't work. Did some Googling and it said to go into RegEdit and make a change there. Which I did. But laptop still sleeps after 15 minutes idle. submitted by /u/Bradders33 [link] [comments]...
  7. Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display and audio stop working after 15-30 minutes: I just recently got an old computer that ran windows 7 but had alot of missing features, and after some fiddling with the software and researching different solutions after learning windows 7 lost support, i was able to get it hooked up to the internet via ethernet and...
  8. This PC My PC Icon stops working after 15 Minutes

in Windows 10 Customization
    This PC My PC Icon stops working after 15 Minutes: My pc this pc icon will bring up all of my drives for around 15 minutes after reboot. After that it just sits there. I have researched and found nothing about this. Short of reinstalling windows I have ran through the repair scenario without any results....
  9. Games crashing after 15 minutes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Games crashing after 15 minutes?: Hi all, recently built a pc consisting of the following Gigabyte Aorus B450m Board Ryzen 5 3600x Radeon 5700xt 16gb Corsair vengeance rg pro 3200mhz 2x8gb Samsung m.2 500gb 970 pro Thermaltake BX1 750W Bronze power supply Nzxt Kraken AIO cooler Unfortunately after 15...
  10. laptop stops working after some minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    laptop stops working after some minutes: today i was playing csgo and a couple minutes later the laptop just stopped working , i started it again and it happened again its only happening when i open csgo and everything is okay when im not playing it (reddit for example) submitted by /u/omar_ch [link] [comments]...