Windows 10: Mouse stops working randomly .

Discus and support Mouse stops working randomly . in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PraveenKumar987, Mar 9, 2022.

1. Mouse stops working randomly .

My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again.

:)

PraveenKumar987, Mar 9, 2022
  2. ATats70 Win User

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse - stops working

Recently after an update to Windows 10, my Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Mouse stops working.

After looking at some posts. The following steps seem to work.

In Device Manager, under Bluetooth uninstall devices, then under actions Scan for hardware changes.

This seems to work and the mouse works again however, these steps are repeated over the course of the day as the mouse stops working randomly.

I also notice that under other devices I have a number of devices that seem to be unknown

Mouse stops working randomly . abf5f1d8-87fa-45b6-865d-0d934c380f6d.png

I also have a Microsoft phone 950xl and 640 however these drivers are for other nokia phones which we do not have.

Can someone suggest a permanent fix to (a) the Bluetooth mouse not needing to be reset the way I have been doing this (as listed above) and (b) a fix for these other devices.

The laptop I use is a Dell Inspiron 15 - 7000 Series

ATats70, Mar 9, 2022
  3. Oulchura Win User
    Mouse pointer randomly stops

For quite awhile, I've been encountering a mouse pointer problem on my PC (Windows 10), and its driving me nuts *Mad because it never happened while I was on Windows 7.

The cursor occassionally or randomly stops moving when I move the mouse consistently.

Demonstration: https://i.imgur.com/03kbZJx.gifv

In the demonstration, I moved my mouse consistently towards right, but cursor stops moving at few instances while my mouse is still moving. To put this into what it feels like, it feels like something is pulling or stopping the cursor randomly, if cursor is stuck, it won't move if I move the mouse less than 2mm in all directions but it will move if I move the mouse greater than 2mm in all directions. Sometimes it happens more often and sometimes it happens less.

My mouse is Logitech G502, I believe my mouse has no problem because I tried it with my laptop (Same OS and Mouse driver) and it worked perfectly fine.

My mouse driver don't need update. (HID-compliant mouse, 10.0.10586.0)
    My GPU driver don't need update. (NVIDIA, 10.18.13.6519)
    I don't have Logitech Gaming Software installed.
    I tried different USB ports (2.0 or 3.0) and it makes no difference.
    The problem still happens in safe mode.
    Reinstalling Windows shall be my last resort.

Any suggestions?

Oulchura, Mar 9, 2022
  4. Mouse stops working randomly .

Windows 10 Mouse Randomly Stops Working

having an issue with a new PC whereby the mouse randomly stops working.

When it stops working it has the following:

• Cursor shows on screen.
    • Mouse laser/light still on.

However it cannot move or allow clicks.

I have tested the following to no avail:

• Uninstalled driver (So using basic mouse driver)
    • Reinstalled driver (via windows updates)
    • Tried 3 other mice (hardware)
    • Tried all USB ports (inc USB3 ports)

The only solution I can find to fix it is giving the PC a reboot, then comes back to life.

Also when swapping mice I can see Windows 10 installing it/configuring due to the notifications. But afterwards I get the same, no movement or clicks just light and cursor on screen.

Any help much appreciated, feel stupid I can't fix a basic mouse issue!!

Matt The Ninja, Mar 9, 2022
Thema:

Mouse stops working randomly .

1. Mouse stops working randomly . - Similar Threads - Mouse stops working

2. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  3. Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse And Keyboard Stop Working Randomly: I don't know how and when this problem started but my usb mouse and keyboard stop working completly and i need to reboot my pc to temporaly fix the problem,the screen still work properly, before the mouse and keyboard stopped there will be a stuttering when i move my mouse....
  4. Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse randomly stops working: Since 2 days my mouse has been wierdly randomly stopping to work. It doesn't stop fully it just doesnt let me to click anything. I have tried different mice and its the same problem. This problem only happens on the desktop, setting and google. When i'm playing games the...
  5. Mouse randomly stops working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse randomly stops working: Since 2 days my mouse has been wierdly randomly stopping to work. It doesn't stop fully it just doesnt let me to click anything. I have tried different mice and its the same problem. This problem only happens on the desktop, setting and google. When i'm playing games the...
  6. Mouse stops working randomly .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stops working randomly .: My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stops-working-randomly/d0a31398-6661-4e80-a8c2-ba51ffdd8582
  7. Mouse stops working randomly .

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse stops working randomly .: My mouse stops working randomly however the scroll wheel works everytime but the cursor would stop responding randomly and starts working again and again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-stops-working-randomly/d0a31398-6661-4e80-a8c2-ba51ffdd8582
  8. Mouse stops working at random moments

Mouse stops working at random moments: On the 16th of August, for the first time my mouse has completely frozen in place with left and right click buttons, scroll wheel and movement not working. The red light from the mouse still works, and i've tried unplugging my mouse and replugging it, but it doesn't help it....
  9. Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly

Mouse and keyboard stops working randomly: Hi. I am seerat. The keyboard of my laptop model Haier Y11C having windows 10 for education stops working randomly and starts clicking wrong keys e.g. i click space button it opens history panel. And at the same time my mouse also starts clicking wrong commands i.e i click...
  10. Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly

Keyboard and mouse stop working randomly: Hi Microsoft, For the past week or so I've been having an issue where my wireless keyboard and mouse stop working at random moments. When the computer starts up everything works fine, and after half an hour or so the input device suddenly becomes unresponsive. Peculiar...