Windows 10: Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work

Discus and support Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am looking for support as to a rather serious glitch with my new MS Sculpt Ergo mouse - it was stuck in the undo mode and deleted an entire file.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Karen E. Furlong, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work

I am looking for support as to a rather serious glitch with my new MS Sculpt Ergo mouse - it was stuck in the undo mode and deleted an entire file.

Please advise.

:)

Karen E. Furlong, Oct 6, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User

Stuck in safe mode in windows 10

Safe mode is intended to help fix most, if not all problems within an operating system, it's not good if we got stuck on it. To correct this, we suggest that you follow the steps below to exit out of Safe mode:

• Open Run command by pressing Windows key + R
      keys on the keyboard and type msconfig in the command box and press
      Enter.
    • Under General tab, put a check on Normal Startup option.
    • Reboot the system and check if the changes are effective.

Let us know if you are able to exit out of Safe mode with these steps.

Xylee Del, Oct 6, 2019
  3. iamc3k Win User
    Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

LOL...glad someone got it. *Wink

Okay, the G5, although in hand, was left alone. Instead, I grabbed a pair of other mice.
    I tried a Logitech MX G403. It worked in Safe Mode.

Next steps:

Turn off computer. Unplug the G403, plug in the G502 into the same port. Restart in Win10. Select advanced options/safe mode. Reboot. The G502 was still unrecognized. (BTW, this is not the SAME G502 as in my earlier report. It is a new piece of hardware since then. Replaced under Logitech warranty a few months ago.)

Next steps:

Similar to above but tried my old Logitech MX518. It works in Win10 Normal Mode, but, like the G502, is totally dead in Safe Mode.

Interesting observation: laying the MX518 so it was belly-up, the laser flashed each time I plugged it into any of the USB ports. So, there is power... (Again, for clarity, I initially used the USB port which works with the G403 in Safe Mode. Yes, the laser in the MX518 briefly flashed when plugged into that port but then stayed out and the mouse was unresponsive with no cursor on the screen.)

G403 works in Safe Mode. In fact, it was hot-swappable. Pull out, plug in, pull out, etc. It always worked when plugged in.

The G403 is the only mouse (at hand) which is a Working Safe Mode Mouse.

At least, I know that it is a mouse issue, not a Windows issue???

iamc3k, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Oct 6, 2019
Thema:

Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work

1. Mouse stuck in undo mode and deleted all of my work - Similar Threads - Mouse stuck undo

2. Undo delete

in Windows 10 Customization
    Undo delete: Hello there, i have got an issue today after cleaning with AV, undo delete option from right click context menu started randomly to disappears..dunno why is this happening, i did AV scans and cleans before and never had similar problems at all..Thanks for the answer.....
  3. Undo delete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Undo delete: Hello there, i have got an issue today after cleaning with AV, undo delete option from right click context menu started randomly to disappears..dunno why is this happening, i did AV scans and cleans before and never had similar problems at all..Thanks for the answer.....
  4. Undo delete

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. stuck at deleting all restore points

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    stuck at deleting all restore points: hi there, My device is stuck at deleting all restore points as in the screenshot. How to fix it? It happened before but forgot how it got[ATTACH] fixed....
  6. My Delete key seems to be stuck in software mode ?

My Delete key seems to be stuck in software mode ?: Hi I recently had few issues which I believe are result of certain Key pad buttons getting Enabled/Stuck virtually from within the software not the actual key on keyboard as it appears and functions fine Issues 1 The Left Shift + C was not working even though the...
  7. Stuck on "undoing changes"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Stuck on "undoing changes": I was trying to update my windows 10 HP and its stuck on this loading screen that says its "undoing changes made to your computer" and then the screen Will go black the the hp logo pops up, goes away then that message again. Over and over again. I finally got to the startup...
  8. Stuck on undoing changes

Stuck on undoing changes: I tried to update my hp laptop and now its stuck on "undoing changes made to your computer" it only responds to me pressing and hold the power button but when it turns back on, itll just go back to this window. It was just updating windows 10....
  9. (Undo) have deleted my files !

(Undo) have deleted my files !: Hi, I'm a video editor using Adobe Premiere Pro. When I export a video, (VIDEO V), in a folder (FOLDER F). Everything works fine! But when I do (UNDO) in (FOLDER F), it deletes my exported video! E.g: Step 1: FOLDER F = EMPTY Step 2: FOLDER F = FULL Step 3 - I UNDO!...
  10. Mouse seems to be stuck in dragging mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mouse seems to be stuck in dragging mode: Im on windows 10, and I think I may have lent on my keyboard. I dont know if I did or not, but now my mouse is stuck in a sort of dragging mode. I cant select anything and on my desktop when I move the mouse it forms a blue square from its previous position. When I go over...