Windows 10: Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this?

Discus and support Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/rozh001 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/rozh001, May 23, 2022.

1. Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this?

/u/rozh001, May 23, 2022

2. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and
    even when i leave whatever game im playing it even stops lagging/stuttering so i dont know what the issue is. If you have any fixes please let me know I am also using a acer laptop.

Specs: (processor) Intel Core (I5-5200U @2.20ghz)

(Ram): 8GB64 Bit

Any Help would be greatly appreciated since this is a very annoying issue, also have tried resetting my pc to no avail as i lag as soon as i start playing any games.

Kean Blackop, May 23, 2022
  3. Mouse lag/stutter playing games in Windows 10

Since I got this computer:

• i5 7600K 3.80Ghz
    • 16 RAM Single channel 1069 Mhz
    • STRIX Z270E mobo
    • PG348Q Monitor
    • GTX 1080 Zotac
    • 500 GB SSD Western Digital

I haven't been able to play smooth any games with a mouse. It does work well with an Xbox controller via USB tho. Quite an irony. The micro stuttering or lag happens when I use the mouse - it is unplayable and gives some headache with the time. It does happen in single and multiplayer and the FPS are not a problem, no drops and its steady well above 60.

While in game, if I use the keyboard to move around or I use the Xbox controller everything goes well, the issue shows up as soon as I move the mouse to look around. After a lot of googling and 2 weeks of installing OSs and trying everything, my guess is that the issue is related to the mouse polling rate. The feeling is clearly different to lag or fps drops but close enough for me to call it stutter or lag, not sure if there is a specific term. The software Mouse Rate Checker shows an average of 90Hz.

I've tried overclocking the mouse polling rate but no effort yet. In case it might be something different, what are your ideas? What could it be?

The OS and Nvidia drivers I've tried are:

Windows 10 64 - I've tried the Education N version, up to date and a doggy Pro one which haven't updated, just in case, which currently is in 1511 (just before anniversary update).
    Nvidia drivers: have tried the last 2 versions (I can't recall the exact v. number of the previous one, I think it had a "28" at the end).

willem_tee, May 23, 2022
  4. Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this?

Microsoft Bluetooth mouse lag, stutter and moving on its own after Window 10 fall creators update

Hi all,

After applying the Windows 10 fall creators update, I'm experiencing quite severe Bluetooth issues. Especially my mouse is almost constantly lagging, stuttering and moving on its own. The problem gets worse when there is some load on the pc.

I use an

• HP Spectre x360
    • Windows 10 Pro build 16299
    • all Windows updates installed
    • all HP updates installed (via the HP Support Assistant)
    • Microsoft Bluetooth Designer mouse

Mouse battery power has been checked, mouse has been tested on another pc (without W10 fc update, no issues), another - but the same model - mouse has been tested on my laptop and it has the same issues.

If anyone has some tips, much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Matthias

[Cloudware] Matthias, May 23, 2022
Thema:

Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this?

1. Mouse stutter/lag while moving it. How should i go about solving this? - Similar Threads - Mouse stutter lag

2. Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse slowly starts to lag over time, solved by moving windows: I have had this problem for a decent while now. It started whenever I upgraded my motherboard, CPU, and got 2 165hz monitors. Essentially the problem is, over time my mouse cursor starts to skip more frames, and inevitably, it starts looking less and less smooth. I also think...
  3. random mouse stuttering and lagging

random mouse stuttering and lagging: Hey, Ive got some random mouse lags, where every few seconds the mouse pauses then tries to catch up. ive tested quite a few things and im starting to go crazy:tried a new mouse, same issuetried mouse on another comp, works fineupdated drivers for everythingbooted in safe...
  4. Mouse having input lag/stuttering

Mouse having input lag/stuttering: I placed a power button LED on the front panel and connected it to my motherboard. Now when I booted up, the USB mouse started having input lag. I tried another mouse on another port, but no luck. Help.My motherboard: Intel DG31PRWindows 10 64 bit...
  5. Sound stutter and mouse lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound stutter and mouse lag: I've had the same build with windows 10 for months, no issues until a few weeks ago where my audio started stuttering. This is the most obvious symptom, but when it happens, any video I might be playing also lags, and the mouse movement lags as well. It happens a few times an...
  6. Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Desktop Mouse/Moving lag?: Heyo. I've just updated my PC after a while of outdated software and drivers and somehow I got this issue. Whenever I put my mouse over my icons and move it around, it delays for about a second or two. This is the same with moving them as well. Why is this happening? I've...
  7. Mouse lag and stutter

Mouse lag and stutter: i recently built my first pc, ryzen 5 2600 , 16gb ddr4 ram , and an rx 580 , but sometimes when i boot it’s just damn near unusable , the mouse will lag around the screen for a few seconds and when it does that it freezes everything else , when i’m typing something while it’s...
  8. Anyone know how to fix this Lag/stutter I have while using the mouse?

Anyone know how to fix this Lag/stutter I have while using the mouse?: It seems like it happens when something is loading and uploading when it lags around on the desktop. It happens with any of the mouse's so it has to be Windows 10, how do I fix this problem because it's quite annoying. submitted by /u/KingMedic [link] [comments]...
  9. My Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 is stuttering and lagging whenever I move it around the...

My Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 is stuttering and lagging whenever I move it around the...: My Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 is stuttering and lagging whenever I move it around the screen. I think its a really good Wireless mouse and its really comfortable in my hand and its overall a good mouse. There's just one problem. Sometimes when I use it. stutters and lags...
  10. Mouse stuttering/Lag?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stuttering/Lag?: So i have been having this issue for a while and have gotten pretty annoyed at what's happening. Whenever i play a game, regardless of what it is even league of legends my mouse is skipping across the screen when i move it. Sometimes the mouse is fine and even when i leave...