Windows 10: Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines

Discus and support Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have an issue where any mouse I connect to my machines has a noticeable stutter/vibration with all movement when using Windows 10 I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ian_1235, Oct 8, 2020.

1. Ian_1235 Win User

Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines

Hello,

I have an issue where any mouse I connect to my machines has a noticeable stutter/vibration with all movement when using Windows 10 I have tried 1903 up to 2004 so far on my 1440p 144hz monitor and also some generic 60hz 1080p monitors I have floating around.

I have ruled out hardware I sent my machine off as I thought my hardware was faulty, also I used my old PC which was retired as I upgraded, it didn't have a fault but it does the same thing with the stuttering mouse now and have tried multiple different high polling gaming mouse 2x logitech mice, 1 razor mouse as well as multiple generic mice from my workplace, I haven't found a PS/2 mouse as yet but I do want to try one of those as well.

It is mostly noticeable in any game. I can run and strafe or use benchmarking programs like FurMark, Kombuster etc that follows a set path of movement and it will render perfectly fine but as soon as I turn my mouse the game goes from looking like it is rendering at a high frame rate to very low frame rate even though my frame time and frame rate stay at a high rate, any number higher than 60 should look smooth in my mind but it does not.

Here is a video of what I am talking about, I am showing it in a game/benchmark as I think the problem is a bit more noticeable. One thing to note about the video, this is taken from my old machine as my newer hardware is still away at the store being looked at, so the stutter in this video when the camera path moves on it's own isn't normally there, that is because my this machine cannot handle recording at the quality I needed to show the stutter, I need it to be a certain quality to show the vibration effect as uploading to YouTube smooths out the footage as is let alone having it at a lower resolution when I upload it, take note of the frame time graph becoming erratic from when I started the recording as proof of this.

So, ignore the slight glitchy behaviour it is the mouse movement at 0:05 you need to look at, the vibrating stuttering quality it has: https://youtu.be/w2F-okzHpIk

I have tried every version of BIOS available for my machine, multiple versions of Windows and device drivers with safe boots and minimal boots and no software and all the game software etc and it really got confusing for me when I sent my hardware off for repair and my old machine had the same problem. There must be some common denominator with Windows as I have ruled out everything else I can think of.

I am currently exploring DWM vs mouse polling rate vs frame rate vs screen scaling as possible causes of the issue but am not really sure if the slight increases in performance I can see by using different polling rates and messign with different resolutions and scaling settings actually makes a difference or if it is just a placebo.

Anyhow, see if you can help me as I have been looking for a fix for nearly four months now.

Thanks,

:)

Ian_1235, Oct 8, 2020

2. mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Oct 8, 2020
  3. ChadBonk Win User
    Mouse Stutter

Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this...
    I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest NVidia Drivers, latest Mouse drivers for the mouse I'm using ( logitech g602). I've tried using Logitechs software and not using it.
    • reinstalled windows with a clean install
    • switched my router to 5ghz
    • tried bluetooth connection, ( seems worse than the wifi connection )
    • disabled Nvidia High Definition in Device manager
    • turned off the power off option under every USB peripheal in Device manager
    • Tried another usb port
    • tried another mouse... with this being said, I use a wacom tablet. This is studio machine so it's higher much higher end and should not suffer from the mouse lag but noticed this will stutter from time to time as well. But what I just realized this morning and just want to know if I could have a confirmation... I'm currently backing up an older large drive that uses USB 2.0. I'm using backblaze to get everything up as fast as I can.
    Since i've had it uploading, I noticed moreso the stutter. Is it possible that this drive could be causing the stutter? If my thinking is correct, even tho it's just uploading online the drive is being accessed and if the USB connection is the bottle neck, I'm thinking this could cause a stutter with other USB peripheals regardless if they are are 3.0 or not

ChadBonk, Oct 8, 2020
  4. Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines

Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Oct 8, 2020
Thema:

Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines

1. Mouse stutter Windows 10 - multiple machines - Similar Threads - Mouse stutter multiple

2. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  3. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  4. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. mouse stuttering

mouse stuttering: Hello,Im having this issue since i added my second monitor to my main monitor 60hz side monitor and my main is 144hz whenever i play games i see it the most bcs i play on low sensitivity, its getting really annoying, im using a logitech G305 lightspeed, i even got a...
  6. Mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stuttering: Hi all!I've a Logitech G G604 Lightspeed wireless mouse but since a month or so it keeps stuttering like it disconnects for a couple of seconds. The weird thing is that when I'm ingame there seems no stuttering at all, only when I'm using my desktop besides gaming.Like 8...
  7. Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines

in Windows 10 Customization
    Linking multiple Windows 10 Machines: Hey everyone,I want to be able to control multiple different Windows 10 pc admin settings from one administrator account. For example, I have a Lenovo Thinkpad, and I want to control the admin settings on two other Windows 10 machines. I do not want to have separate admin...
  8. mouse irregular mouse stutter on windows 10

mouse irregular mouse stutter on windows 10: hi fellows, my mouse randomly stutters for around 1 seconds, there's no spike in usage in cpu/gpu/ram/hard disk and i have reinstalled the driver of the mouse, the stutter drove me nuts and i need help, thanks a lot! mouse: razer deathadder chroma...
  9. Windows 10 Mouse Stuttering

Windows 10 Mouse Stuttering: The cursor on my Windows 10 stutters. The problem isn't just with my wireless mouse, it is also with the Dell touch pad. I reset the whole computer earlier in the week. Before I reset it I realized that the cursor froze for about 1 second every 3 seconds. I reset the computer...
  10. Mouse stuttering Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stuttering Windows 10: Hello everyone I'm having an issue with my mouse that started about over a month ago, my cursor is stuttering and freezing almost all the time. It was lighter before, almost unoticeable, but now it's happening almost all the time, specially when i'm watching a video and...