Windows 10: Mouse Stutter

Discus and support Mouse Stutter in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this... I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChadBonk, Sep 24, 2018.

1. ChadBonk Win User

Mouse Stutter

Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this...
    I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest NVidia Drivers, latest Mouse drivers for the mouse I'm using ( logitech g602). I've tried using Logitechs software and not using it.
    • reinstalled windows with a clean install
    • switched my router to 5ghz
    • tried bluetooth connection, ( seems worse than the wifi connection )
    • disabled Nvidia High Definition in Device manager
    • turned off the power off option under every USB peripheal in Device manager
    • Tried another usb port
    • tried another mouse... with this being said, I use a wacom tablet. This is studio machine so it's higher much higher end and should not suffer from the mouse lag but noticed this will stutter from time to time as well. But what I just realized this morning and just want to know if I could have a confirmation... I'm currently backing up an older large drive that uses USB 2.0. I'm using backblaze to get everything up as fast as I can.
    Since i've had it uploading, I noticed moreso the stutter. Is it possible that this drive could be causing the stutter? If my thinking is correct, even tho it's just uploading online the drive is being accessed and if the USB connection is the bottle neck, I'm thinking this could cause a stutter with other USB peripheals regardless if they are are 3.0 or not

:)

ChadBonk, Sep 24, 2018

2. Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Sep 24, 2018
  3. Mouse lag/stuttering

Option 1 - General troubleshooting steps

1. Try a different USB port

2. In case of wireless mouse, pair it again with the computer

3. In case of wireless mouse, check if batteries are not weak.

Option 2 - Use the Hardware & Devices Troubleshooter

Type Control in Windows Start Search box

Click Control Panel

Click Troubleshooting > View all

Select Hardware and Device

Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter

Option 3: Update mouse driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Update Driver Software

Click Browse my computer for driver software

Click Let my pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

Choose the driver

Click Next to update

If this does not work, select Search automatically for the updated driver in place of Browse my computer for driver software

Restart your computer

Option 4: Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the Mouse's manufacturer or computer's manufacturer

See if some driver is released for your model and OS

If yes, download that

In Option 2, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall

Install the downloaded driver

Restart your computer

Option 5: Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start)

Click Device Manager

Expand Mice and Other Pointing Devices

Right click on the mouse listed there

Click Properties

Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

E for Excel, Sep 24, 2018
  4. SSheen21 Win User

Mouse Stutter

Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter

Hi,

I have install Win 10 on a new 2700x build with a XFX RX570 video card. I have an issue I am attempting to deal with.

1) The mouse stutters when I extend the desktop to my second monitor. Stutter = moving the mouse, it will freeze for a short time and then move. It does this constantly. Now I think this is system wide, but the mouse is just want caught my attention/focus.
    I see the same behaviour when typing - letter display in notepad stutters, and behaviour in playing video - play back stutters.

If do not extend the desktop to the second monitor the issue goes away. I have tried the latest drivers for the graphics card, mouse, adjusted settings for the mouse (before I saw the behaviour in the keyboard and video), USB power management, windows update
    and more I am forgetting.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

SSheen21, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

Mouse Stutter

1. Mouse Stutter - Similar Threads - Mouse Stutter

2. Mouse Stutter in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse Stutter in Windows 11: I have been using this Windows desktop fine since this past December 2023. And starting last week, the mouse I had started lagging. So I tried a different mouse and that also started lagging on the computer.I have tried the following:Driver updatesWindows 11 reinstall with...
  3. Mouse Stutter in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse Stutter in Windows 11: I have been using this Windows desktop fine since this past December 2023. And starting last week, the mouse I had started lagging. So I tried a different mouse and that also started lagging on the computer.I have tried the following:Driver updatesWindows 11 reinstall with...
  4. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  5. my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...

my cpu load spikes whenever I move my mouse at all, leading to heavy stuttering, this just...: also when I try to run and or right click on anything in my desktop it takes super long to load, and by anything I mean anything, a few days ago settings would take about 1-2 seconds to open and load, now it takes around 10.I have a less than 1 month non-used i7-12000f so I...
  6. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  7. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc: my mouse is stuttering since i got my new pc. also, when i go to the device manager and look in the mice and keyboard tab it shows multiple devices of keyboards and mice. when i only got one mice and one keyboard plugged in. i would love to get help. thank you!...
  8. mouse stuttering and multiple devices found in my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.: Hello, I just built my pc and have an issue. If I play music for example and not touch the computer at all, after 10min, the sound and video noticed with screen saver on distorts and stutters until I either move the mouse or touch the keyboard. Then it will be fine again for...
  10. Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.

Windows 11 audio and video stutter after 10 min of no user input. Goes away by moving mouse.: Hello, I just built my pc and have an issue. If I play music for example and not touch the computer at all, after 10min, the sound and video noticed with screen saver on distorts and stutters until I either move the mouse or touch the keyboard. Then it will be fine again for...