Windows 10: Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset

Discus and support Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My mouse has been completely fine every since I got it and same with the pc. One day after a restart, it randomly starting stuttering and has been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CelticGuild, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset

My mouse has been completely fine every since I got it and same with the pc. One day after a restart, it randomly starting stuttering and has been doing this ever since. I've tried changing mouse settings, deleting software, safe boot, removing the realtek driver and reinstalling it aswell as the mouse driver and still no good results. It got to the point that I was done and I did a Factory Reset and IT STILL DOES THE STUTTER. As I am moving it, it will kind of freeze and then return to its original position where it should be. Its very annoying in 1st person games and vr and its got to the point where I don't know what to do anymore. Any help would be nice and I've even checked for corrupted registry or files that are disrupted the mouse driver, but still have not found the issue. Any help would be nice.

:)

CelticGuild, Apr 17, 2021
  2. iamc3k Win User

Mouse won't work in Safe Mode

LOL...glad someone got it. *Wink

Okay, the G5, although in hand, was left alone. Instead, I grabbed a pair of other mice.
    I tried a Logitech MX G403. It worked in Safe Mode.

Next steps:

Turn off computer. Unplug the G403, plug in the G502 into the same port. Restart in Win10. Select advanced options/safe mode. Reboot. The G502 was still unrecognized. (BTW, this is not the SAME G502 as in my earlier report. It is a new piece of hardware since then. Replaced under Logitech warranty a few months ago.)

Next steps:

Similar to above but tried my old Logitech MX518. It works in Win10 Normal Mode, but, like the G502, is totally dead in Safe Mode.

Interesting observation: laying the MX518 so it was belly-up, the laser flashed each time I plugged it into any of the USB ports. So, there is power... (Again, for clarity, I initially used the USB port which works with the G403 in Safe Mode. Yes, the laser in the MX518 briefly flashed when plugged into that port but then stayed out and the mouse was unresponsive with no cursor on the screen.)

G403 works in Safe Mode. In fact, it was hot-swappable. Pull out, plug in, pull out, etc. It always worked when plugged in.

The G403 is the only mouse (at hand) which is a Working Safe Mode Mouse.

At least, I know that it is a mouse issue, not a Windows issue???

iamc3k, Apr 17, 2021
  3. Mouse lag/stutter playing games in Windows 10

I found an answer on the Microsoft Forum:

Mouse stutter in win 10

The text:

Redneck Savant, Apr 17, 2021
  4. Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset

mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset

1. Mouse stuttering but not in safe mode even after hardware reset - Similar Threads - Mouse stuttering safe

2. Mouse micro stuttering in Windows10 not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse micro stuttering in Windows10 not in safe mode: Hi there, I've been using Win10 since forever and never ran into any issues. Last week my mouse started having micro stutters every few seconds to a point where its really tedious doing anything. I'm using a Logitech G Pro wireless. The mouse only stutters when fully booted....
  3. Mouse micro stuttering in Windows10 not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse micro stuttering in Windows10 not in safe mode: Hi there, I've been using Win10 since forever and never ran into any issues. Last week my mouse started having micro stutters every few seconds to a point where its really tedious doing anything. I'm using a Logitech G Pro wireless. The mouse only stutters when fully booted....
  4. Mouse micro stuttering in Windows10 not in safe mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.: After I booted up my PC, both mouse and keyboard stopped working, i tried using all the ports and it changes nothing. I tried using both the keyboard and mouse on another device and it still works. So I go to troubleshoot mode by on&off windows 3 times, the mouse & keyboard...
  6. Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Mouse & Keyboard to login at startup even on safe mode.: After I booted up my PC, both mouse and keyboard stopped working, i tried using all the ports and it changes nothing. I tried using both the keyboard and mouse on another device and it still works. So I go to troubleshoot mode by on&off windows 3 times, the mouse & keyboard...
  7. Input lag and stuttering on Windows 10 2004 update (even in safe mode)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Input lag and stuttering on Windows 10 2004 update (even in safe mode): I've tried updating to 2004 3 times now and had to roll back to 1909 all 3 times due to this problem, which renders the OS effectively unusable. The first 2 times were with the Update Assistant and this time was with the update button within Check for Updates. Here's how the...
  8. Not even safe mode works

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Not even safe mode works: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/dranedagger4 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl2ju6/not_even_safe_mode_works/
  9. Mouse flickering even after system reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse flickering even after system reset: I tried updating, disabling and reinstalljng all drivers I even reset my system but the mouse flickering doesnt stop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-flickering-even-after-system-reset/ca9ca4e3-3cb8-44fc-8370-8cce013f2862
  10. No mouse or keyboard in safe mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No mouse or keyboard in safe mode: After the amazing and wonderful Anniversary Update, that fixes nothing but adds other bugs & glitches, I can't use mouse and keyboard in Safe Mode. Before the update, it worked fine. Any solution? I use safe mode to install new nvidia drivers in safety. When I launch in...