Windows 10: Mouse stuttering on high IO load.

Discus and support Mouse stuttering on high IO load. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; System: Windows 10 CPU: i5-2500K Mainboard: P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (Latest BIOS 3802 from 2015) GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 2x Samsung SSDs, 5x HDDs... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [FHW]Bandi, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Mouse stuttering on high IO load.

System: Windows 10

CPU: i5-2500K

Mainboard: P8Z68-V PRO GEN3 (Latest BIOS 3802 from 2015)

GPU: MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X

2x Samsung SSDs, 5x HDDs

Since mid 2018 something strange happened. Every time when there is very high load on the SSDs or Harddrives, and my CPU is at or near 100% utilization, the mouse cursor seems to be no longer polled. It becomes very sluggish, jumps, or stops moving for seconds.

This happens for example when I open up google chrome with lots of tabs, or when I play games that depend on heavy texture streaming, like PUBG (UE4 Engine). Aiming is nearly impossible because of the mouse input.

Another user made a short clip of a similar behavior: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jId7_Oh0WdI

I tried a lot of drivers to get rid of the problem, old and new ones for mouse, usb, motherboard etc. Interestingly i have a second SATA Controller on the Board with a Marvell Chip, and it seems the problem is not happen with the marvell controller. But i am not sure, because the marvell controller is already very slow in comparison to the intel 6GB Sata Ports, so it maybe just bottlenecking elsewhere.

I Installed windows 10 1809 from sratch, and the same problem reapperead directly after the install.

I installed an older windows 10 version (1702 i think), and the problem was gone. The PC had the full performance, and the mouse was fully responsive again even under high workloads.

But after a few weeks i get the windows updates, and the problem came back. I tried to uninstall the October update, but it didnt help. I think the problem is in an older update from 2018.

I feel it has something to do with the intel SATA Controller, but am not sure if this is somehow meltdown/spectre related, because even if i disable the fix with InSpectre, the loading speeds improve, but the problem with the laggy mouse on high load didn't go away.

So gaming is not fun anymore on my PC thanks to the mouse stuttering presumably introduced by microsoft, and i don't know what else to try. Maybe someone else has a idea, i tried a lot already and i am desperate.

:)

[FHW]Bandi, Dec 6, 2018
  2. ChadBonk Win User

Mouse Stutter

Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this...
    I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest NVidia Drivers, latest Mouse drivers for the mouse I'm using ( logitech g602). I've tried using Logitechs software and not using it.
    • reinstalled windows with a clean install
    • switched my router to 5ghz
    • tried bluetooth connection, ( seems worse than the wifi connection )
    • disabled Nvidia High Definition in Device manager
    • turned off the power off option under every USB peripheal in Device manager
    • Tried another usb port
    • tried another mouse... with this being said, I use a wacom tablet. This is studio machine so it's higher much higher end and should not suffer from the mouse lag but noticed this will stutter from time to time as well. But what I just realized this morning and just want to know if I could have a confirmation... I'm currently backing up an older large drive that uses USB 2.0. I'm using backblaze to get everything up as fast as I can.
    Since i've had it uploading, I noticed moreso the stutter. Is it possible that this drive could be causing the stutter? If my thinking is correct, even tho it's just uploading online the drive is being accessed and if the USB connection is the bottle neck, I'm thinking this could cause a stutter with other USB peripheals regardless if they are are 3.0 or not

ChadBonk, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Mouse ticking stuttering issues when gaming

Hi Edy,

To isolate your concern regarding your mouse ticking stuttering, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any changes prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when playing other games?
    • Does the issue also occur in other programs?
    Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Robelene Win, Dec 6, 2018
  4. fireberd Win User

Mouse stuttering on high IO load.

Random audio stuttering and mouse freezing

"High Definition Audio" suggests you only have the generic, basic function, Windows installed sound driver rather than the correct sound hardware driver. If this is the case, install the correct sound driver as step 1.

fireberd, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Mouse stuttering on high IO load.

1. Mouse stuttering on high IO load. - Similar Threads - Mouse stuttering high

2. mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse stuttering: Hello,Im having this issue since i added my second monitor to my main monitor 60hz side monitor and my main is 144hz whenever i play games i see it the most bcs i play on low sensitivity, its getting really annoying, im using a logitech G305 lightspeed, i even got a...
  3. mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse stuttering: Hello,Im having this issue since i added my second monitor to my main monitor 60hz side monitor and my main is 144hz whenever i play games i see it the most bcs i play on low sensitivity, its getting really annoying, im using a logitech G305 lightspeed, i even got a...
  4. Mouse stuttering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse stuttering: Hi all!I've a Logitech G G604 Lightspeed wireless mouse but since a month or so it keeps stuttering like it disconnects for a couple of seconds. The weird thing is that when I'm ingame there seems no stuttering at all, only when I'm using my desktop besides gaming.Like 8...
  5. Bluetooth mouse stutters under "load"

Bluetooth mouse stutters under "load": So my problem is that whenever i do something more than just open a browser or a word document, my bluetooth mouse mx master 2s starts to lag and stutter. I know the mouse is fine because i also use it on another windows machine. The problem also isn't system wide slowdown...
  6. Mouse stutter when high upload

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse stutter when high upload: Yesterday my bluetooth mouse started to stutter heavily to the point that I became unable to continue work on the machine. After some digging I found that this was happening because One Drive was syncing a lot of files which led me to believe this was a One Drive issue....
  7. mouse stuttering

mouse stuttering: so my mouse started stuttering a few days ago, i've already tried everything i could find on the internet to fix this. now i bought a new mouse but i needed to adjust te sensitivity. right after i touch the windows mouse settings it's ruined again and my mouse stutters...
  8. Mouse Stutter

Mouse Stutter: Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this... I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest...
  9. Mouse Stutter

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse Stutter: Was curious to know if anyone can weigh in on this... I've had a weird mouse stutter where I think I've tried EVERYTHING I can think of and find online. I'm running the latest build of Windows 10. I keep all my drivers uptodate as well. With that said, I've tried the lastest...
  10. mouse stuttering

mouse stuttering: about every 5-10 seconds my mouse will stutter or freeze and teleport some where else. I have a brand new cyber power PC (link below) and i have all the latest drivers and windows updates. I have watched almost all the videos and none of them work....