Windows 10: Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change

Discus and support Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I went from a Radeon Rx 5700xt to a NVIDIA RTX 3070 GPU and noticed that in all settings such as advanced display settings and in NVidia control... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by iamEXY, Jan 11, 2021.

1. iamEXY Win User

Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change

Hello, I went from a Radeon Rx 5700xt to a NVIDIA RTX 3070 GPU and noticed that in all settings such as advanced display settings and in NVidia control panel, I have my monitor refresh rate to 144hz my main monitor and in windows settings, in the dropdown, the options are off by just a few HZ. There is no option for 144hz, only 143.996hz. I believe this is the reason that my mouse is stuttering as before installing the new GPU, my refresh rate in settings was 144hz and my mouse was not stuttering. I tried rolling back the drivers, uninstalling, reinstalling for my GPU and none of those solved the issue. I am unsure if I fully uninstalled my old drivers for my 5700xt but I did uninstall the software for it. My mouse does not show the option to rollback drivers in Device Manager. I've tried various 'solutions' over the past few hours but nothing has worked. If you know of any solutions, that would be much appreciated if you could assist, thanks.

:)

iamEXY, Jan 11, 2021
  2. grandekid Win User

Change mouse polling rate in windows 10!

Hello! Is there any option to change mouse HZ in windows 10? My mouse has a driver,but i lost the DVD.Thanks!

grandekid, Jan 11, 2021
  3. SSheen21 Win User
    Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter

Hi,

I have install Win 10 on a new 2700x build with a XFX RX570 video card. I have an issue I am attempting to deal with.

1) The mouse stutters when I extend the desktop to my second monitor. Stutter = moving the mouse, it will freeze for a short time and then move. It does this constantly. Now I think this is system wide, but the mouse is just want caught my attention/focus.
    I see the same behaviour when typing - letter display in notepad stutters, and behaviour in playing video - play back stutters.

If do not extend the desktop to the second monitor the issue goes away. I have tried the latest drivers for the graphics card, mouse, adjusted settings for the mouse (before I saw the behaviour in the keyboard and video), USB power management, windows update
    and more I am forgetting.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

SSheen21, Jan 11, 2021
  4. Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change

mouse stuttering

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you aware of any changes made on your PC, prior to this issue?
    2. Are you using a wired or a wireless mouse?
    3. Also let us know the troubleshooting steps that you have tried to fix this issue?
    4. What is the make and model of your mouse?

I understand that it can be disappointing to notice 'mouse stuttering' even in the new mouse. We will look into this for you. Please reply with the answers to the questions below so that we can assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps.

However, you may refer this article on Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard
    problems in Windows
    and check if it helps.

We await your response.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Jan 11, 2021
Thema:

Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change

1. Mouse Stuttering on Windows 10 after replacing GPU and Monitor Hz Change - Similar Threads - Mouse Stuttering replacing

2. My monitor hz changed and is capped

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My monitor hz changed and is capped: Hello, my Pc was fine yesterday and was running on 144hz.Today when i woke up, it was set automatically to 60hz and every other options got deleted. I tried to set it manually several times on 144hz but I keep getting a black screen and its going back to 60hz....
  3. My monitor hz changed and is capped

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My monitor hz changed and is capped: Hello, my Pc was fine yesterday and was running on 144hz.Today when i woke up, it was set automatically to 60hz and every other options got deleted. I tried to set it manually several times on 144hz but I keep getting a black screen and its going back to 60hz....
  4. My monitor hz changed and is capped

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How to change monitor Hz

How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  6. How to change monitor Hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change monitor Hz: Hi! So I have a monitor with 4K 60Hz, but when I connect my laptop to the monitor with HDMI it switches to 4K 30Hz, I checked my CPU, and it says that it supports 4K 30Hz max, is there a way around to make it support 4K 60Hz? Because I am pretty used to gaming with 60Hz and...
  7. monitor hz

in Windows 10 Gaming
    monitor hz: My TV is 60 Hz, when I connect it to the pc, Windows sets the Hz to 59.955 Hz, when it is set to 59.955 Hz, the colors become dull, when I manually set it to 60 Hz, the colors and the image become much clearer. What is the cause? Is it better to set it to 60 Hz?windows10 21h2...
  8. monitor hz

monitor hz: My TV is 60 Hz, when I connect it to the pc, Windows sets the Hz to 59.955 Hz, when it is set to 59.955 Hz, the colors become dull, when I manually set it to 60 Hz, the colors and the image become much clearer. What is the cause? Is it better to set it to 60 Hz?windows10 21h2...
  9. monitor hz

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win 10 - Dual monitor and Mouse/System? stutter: Hi, I have install Win 10 on a new 2700x build with a XFX RX570 video card. I have an issue I am attempting to deal with. 1) The mouse stutters when I extend the desktop to my second monitor. Stutter = moving the mouse, it will freeze for a short time and then move....