Windows 10: Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

Discus and support Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hey, as the subject says my mouse has been acting very strange lags behind on my movement and stutters and I can't for the life of me figure it out,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by lluislever, Sep 22, 2022.

1. Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

hey, as the subject says my mouse has been acting very strange lags behind on my movement and stutters and I can't for the life of me figure it out, long story short I've just moved, my pc was working fine before I moved and now I have it all set up and now the mouse is acting funny when it's on its native resolution which is 4k but the only way around this is if I lower my screen res down to 2560x1440 my native res is 4k x 2k x 3840 x 2160 i change the screen res using the Nvidia control panel. my specs are RTX3070ti, 32GB ram, i7 12700k, and I'm using windows 10. I've spoken to countless

:)

lluislever, Sep 22, 2022

2. Monitors Native Resolution

Hello. I was wondering if there was a way to change my monitors Native resolution within windows. I know how to change the resolution through the windows settings, but its doesn't change it the way I want it to. The NVIDIA program DSR will upscale your native resolution by whatever magnitude you specify, and then downscale to your native resolution. If I change my resolution through windows or even NVIDIA control panel, DSR still upscales from 4k. Is there a way I can make windows think im using a 1080p or 1440p monitor?

CadenHabner, Sep 22, 2022
  3. Rey Cam Win User
    screen resolution

Hi Lynne,

These erratic behaviors in windows 10 may be caused by some changes that happened on your computer. What were the most recent changes that happened on your device? Was there a software change? Did you recently upgraded to another version of Windows10? If
    yes, which version was it? Was there an update installed?

Initially, let us address your screen resolution concern, you may try setting your monitor to its native resolution. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click PC and devices, then tap or click Display.
    • Tap or click the resolution slider and drag it until you find the resolution marked (Recommended). This is your monitor's native resolution—usually the highest resolution your monitor can support.
    • Tap or click Apply.

If the above steps will not work, since this may also be a driver issue, you may also follow the troubleshooting steps found on
    Window too big for screen. Kindly check the resolutions provided on a post created
    by Nachappa C K.

For any other issues that may occur, please get back to us with the answers to the above inquiries so that we can assist you further.

Rey Cam, Sep 22, 2022
  4. Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

Full screen games with lower resolution than native resolution change the display resulution

Yes that is the exact issue and I have reported it for 4 months on w11 to no avail from Microsoft

Older games keep tabbing out if the games native resolution is not 4k

And the help you get from Microsoft is beyond useless sometimes

the tonkinese, Sep 22, 2022
Thema:

Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

1. Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution - Similar Threads - Mouse stutters lags

2. Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution: hey, as the subject says my mouse has been acting very strange lags behind on my movement and stutters and I can't for the life of me figure it out, long story short I've just moved, my pc was working fine before I moved and now I have it all set up and now the mouse is...
  3. Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse stutters and lags when I change screen resolution to 4k which is my native resolution: hey, as the subject says my mouse has been acting very strange and I can't for the life of me figure it out, long story short I've just moved, my pc was working fine before I moved and now I have it all set up and now the mouse is acting funny when it's on its native...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  5. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  6. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.: I noticed my reg, games I play on face book their resolution change, my screen is reg then when I click on the game to play it's the size of a small notebook, I do all the updates check drivers' updates, did as others quoted to do, so I am at a loss here, everything did work...
  8. Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Resolution, stuttering and lags for the game DAI.: I noticed my reg, games I play on face book their resolution change, my screen is reg then when I click on the game to play it's the size of a small notebook, I do all the updates check drivers' updates, did as others quoted to do, so I am at a loss here, everything did work...
  9. 4k resolution

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    4k resolution: Hi there, I'm upgrading my computer with a new graphics card and monitor to accommodate 4k images and want to know if the daily colourful images that appear on Microsoft Edge and my lock screen that Microsoft put there are going to appear as 4k images? Thank you, Robert....
  10. Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse cursor with 4K-resolution?: I am running 3840x2160 on my computer with 250% scaling. This generally looks ok, but the mouse cursor looks really bad. Are there some way to make it look better in very high resolution and scaling? 44673