Windows 10: Mouse suddenly behaving erratically

Discus and support Mouse suddenly behaving erratically in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, from about two months back, my mouse began behaving erratically, and i'm thinking it might be a Windows problem, going from what i've seen in other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Sarlagab, Aug 16, 2021.

1. Sarlagab Win User

Mouse suddenly behaving erratically

So, from about two months back, my mouse began behaving erratically, and i'm thinking it might be a Windows problem, going from what i've seen in other threads here.For reference:-The mouse will double-click and sometimes even triple-click frequently, and selecting text through clicking and dragging becomes almost impossible, as the mouse seems to drop the selection on its own accord midway through 6 out of 7 times, at least.-The problem is not on the mouse - i bought it only two months ago.-The problem is not on the driver - the driver is updated and i even uninstalled and reinstalled it, to

:)

Sarlagab, Aug 16, 2021

2. Mouse behaves erratically after update

After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It
    also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card driver, plugged the mouse in another USB port and reinstalled mouse drivers. I use Basic Logitech USB
    mouse and Nvidia Geforce 1070 video card driver

JaredEaster, Aug 16, 2021
  3. Erratic, jerky mouse behaviour

I'm using a Microsoft Windows wireless mouse with a Surface Pro.

It's behaved perfectly until recently, when it suddenly has become erratic and jerky so I have difficulty in selecting icons, text, etc.

I have cleaned my mouse thoroughly, replaced the batteries, powered it and my surface pro off and on but this doesn't rectify the problem.

ChrisAxford, Aug 16, 2021
  4. ryevick Win User

Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically

I am about to go crazy with mouse issues. The problems are single clicks randomly trigger double clicks which sometimes causes windows explorer to momentarily freeze for a few seconds until it rights itself. Also occasionally a mouse click and the release will drag content as though the mouse is depressed. I have tried 3 different mice, 2 wireless 1 not (my main/favorite). I have uninstalled drivers, reinstalled drivers, I have run virus and malware scans with 3 different programs, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender and Spybot Search and Destroy. I have adjusted mouse click sensitivity settings. As I am typing this my keyboard for the first time momentarily became unresponsive!!! I am close to slinging a bat into the whole system! This is crazy, please help!!!!

How do I uninstall a Microsoft Windows "wrap-up" update? I think the problem may have stated after I installed that.

I know there is a newer version of Windows 10 but I have expensive hardware that has released info saying do not go past my current version because there have been problems reported by people who do.

Mouse suddenly behaving erratically [​IMG]

ryevick, Aug 16, 2021
Thema:

1. Mouse suddenly behaving erratically - Similar Threads - Mouse suddenly behaving

2. Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse/Windows Explorer Behaving Erratically: I am about to go crazy with mouse issues. The problems are single clicks randomly trigger double clicks which sometimes causes windows explorer to momentarily freeze for a few seconds until it rights itself. Also occasionally a mouse click and the release will drag content as...
  3. touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    touchpad randomly behaves erratic or not at all.: sometimes, particularly when I wake up my computer from sleep, the touchpad will not work. the cursor won't even be on the screen. for the longest time I thought maybe my laptop was freezing up, but then I figured out I could still use the keyboard. I then experimented and...
  4. Erratic Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Erratic Mouse: My mouse is very erratic. How can I get control of it? Bob https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erratic-mouse/c4363f64-4279-4012-bb61-7ef87ea54845
  5. Erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erratic mouse: Mouse is usb wired. Updates are on and since March 2020 my mouse starts jumping and clicking all over the screen, I have disabled the touch screen, the touch pad, but problem remains, weirdly,.... If I touch the screen with my other hand while mousing I am able to control...
  6. erratic mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    erratic mouse: hello once again my mouse starts to get erratic, it's impossible to do precision work and I can hardly click to this page properly. when I move the mouse the cursor moves jumpy, not smooth. I had this problem already with several pc's. Currently I'm on a PC with windows 10...
  7. Mouse behaves erratically after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse behaves erratically after update: After the last update my mouse behaves erratically. It also generates error sound when I am playing 3D games. I did a clean reinstall of video card driver, plugged the mouse in another USB port and reinstalled mouse drivers. I use Basic Logitech USB mouse and Nvidia Geforce...
  8. mouse erratic

in Windows 10 Customization
    mouse erratic: mouse not erratic in safe mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/mouse-erratic/69d972f6-64b9-4e99-9744-2f9f1b141a58
  9. erratic mouse

erratic mouse: I have tried many options and still any mouse I use wireless or wired to USB are acting erratic, after 4 years uf using ACER Laptop, Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/erratic-mouse/f7ab9a24-406b-474c-9e90-8393ebc644a1
  10. Erratic mouse

Erratic mouse: I installed Windows 10 on day one or two of the upgrade and have been using it since on my Toshiba 64 bit laptop. It was an upgrade from 8.1. A note that this laptop is a touch screen that I cracked, disabling the touch function a year or so ago. No problems on Windows 8....