Windows 10: Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function

Discus and support Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; In the past couple days my Microsoft wireless mouse has started to require multiple clicks as many as 3 -5 to open something or get focus. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tdehan, Apr 28, 2020.

1. tdehan Win User

Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function

In the past couple days my Microsoft wireless mouse has started to require multiple clicks as many as 3 -5 to open something or get focus. How do I fix this? I've replaced the batteries even though there was no indication of them going bad. I've also performed a sfc /scannow which found nothing. What is causing this?

:)

tdehan, Apr 28, 2020

2. Unresponsive Mouse Clicks

Hi Jerry,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

The issue you are facing could be due to the Mouse driver is being outdated. Let’s try fixing the issue.

To understand the issue better, I would like to know what is the exact model of the optical mouse?

For now let's try simple steps and check if this helps in fixing the issue.

Step 1.

I would suggest you to run Hardware troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

• Press Windows + X keys on the keyboard and select Control Panel.

• Type Troubleshooting in the search bar on the Control Panel.

• Click on Small icon on the left navigation pane.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      Hardware and Device.

• Click on Advanced on the Hardware troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Hardware troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below step:

Step 2.

I recommend you to go to the below link. Now locate for the mouse model and try downloading the driver and install the same.

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 28, 2020
  3. Mouse click

Hi,

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Mouse lag

Hi Zbigniew,

I appreciate the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue. I suggest you to install all pending Windows updates and check. Follow the steps below and check if that helps.

• Type Mouse and Touchpad Setting in Search and hit
      Enter.
    • Change settings as per your requirement; click on Advance mouse options.
    • Change settings under Buttons, Points, Pointer options, Wheel.

Do let us know the performance to mouse. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse suddenly requires multiple clicks to function - Similar Threads - Mouse suddenly requires

2. My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My mouse suddenly wont click until I Ctrl+Alt+Del and only then the functionality returns...: I read a previous answer to someone with the same problem and changing the mouse was not solving the problem.The laptop is a HP elitebook 8570w with win 10 installed on it.Thank you for your time....
  3. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  4. mouse left click suddenly stop working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mouse left click suddenly stop working: So I have a problem with my laptop mouse where suddenly the left click doesn't seem to work, but the left click sometimes suddenly works but only in a specific app and after that it suddenly doesn't work again....
  5. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  6. My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse takes multiple clicks for it to register.: My mouse presumably after April 5th has suddenly required me to click at least four times max, I've tried disabling it and reenabling it, moving the USB into a different port, if you need to know what device I'm using, it is a Windows 11 HP Laptop with an Amazon basics mouse....
  7. Left mouse button clicking multiple times

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left mouse button clicking multiple times: When I hold left mouse click down and run my finger around the left click, whilst still holding down it, it unclicks and clicks again. This can happen multiple times in one hold. This makes it frustrating when dragging things across the monitor. I have had the mouse for a...
  8. left mouse click results in multiple random clicks

left mouse click results in multiple random clicks: when I do a left mouse click it quite often results in a double or more clicks. If I change the mouse it still happens. if I switch left and right mouse buttons it goes away, but that is a really awkward way for me to work. I have deleted mouse in Device manager, which there...
  9. Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse

Multiple mouse clicks needed to get Windows to react to mouse: Windows 10 Home updated to Version 1903 OS Build 18362.239 All of a sudden, my computer stopped responding to mouse clicks. I discovered that I have to click multiple times to get the mouse clicks to "register". This happens everywhere in Windows and in applications I run...
  10. Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling

Mouse requiring an extra click to stop scrolling: I updated my Windows 10 laptop last night and now when I'm scrolling anywhere, if I don't give an extra click on the scroll bar it won't stop scrolling. Additionally, in Photoshop when I'm using brushes or erasing, it won't stop erasing until I click with the mouse button....