Windows 10: Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected

Discus and support Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm not sure if this belongs here but I thought I would try. : You know the little blue wheel that pops up beside your mouse when it's "thinking"?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by C. Brock, Feb 14, 2020.

1. C. Brock Win User

Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected

I'm not sure if this belongs here but I thought I would try. :

You know the little blue wheel that pops up beside your mouse when it's "thinking"? Mine is doing this every few seconds. I believe at the same time, if I'm typing in a text box, it gets deselected. I can't type a full sentence without starting and stopping. Also, if I'm scrolling down a page with the arrow keys, the page is deselected, I guess? The scrolling will stop for just a second and then resume, every second or so.

I'll scan for viruses next, but I was having some trouble with my power cord and I have no idea if this could happen because it's not getting enough power or something? I don't know much about computers lol.

:)

C. Brock, Feb 14, 2020
  2. BAM_BMT Win User

Cursor keeps deselecting text fields in Windows 10

I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and have found typing excruciating.

The cursor randomly selects and deselects within the text box. My writing gets cut off before I've finished typing. It happens online in every text field including email, fb, online forms (including this text field) and in Word and Excel. It also affects
    pull down menus, which cut off before I've finished scrolling through them.

I'm a student and this is affecting my work and research.

My computer is a Lenovo Z570. I learned too late that Lenovo hadn't tested the upgrade with my computer model and resent that the automatic update appeared on my desktop as if it would work properly.

I have tried using a USB mouse and upgraded my drivers but the problem still persists.

Any suggestions? Is it possible to go back to Windows 7?

BAM_BMT, Feb 14, 2020
  3. text field keeps deselecting and selecting on its own

Hi Matt,

We understand how frustrating this situation may be for you. Let's try to resolve the issue as soon as we can. In order for us to provide you an appropriate resolution regarding your issue about text field that keeps deselecting and selecting on its own,
    kindly provide us with the following information:

• Does the issue only occur when you're using a particular application/s?
    • Do you have a third-party antivirus software installed in your Windows 10 computer?

The issue you're having can be due to a third-party software. For us to make sure that there's no third-party software interfering with your system, we suggest that you

perform a
    clean boot
    and see if it helps. A
    clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows 10.

In addition, if you have a third-party antivirus software installed in your computer, we recommend that you temporarily disable it and see if it causing the issue.

Note: For information about how to turn off your antivirus software, we suggest that you visit your antivirus manufacturer's website. Uninstalling it may also help. If the issue persists after turning it off/uninstalling it, it means that it isn't
    the one causing the issue. Kindly install/turn it on again.

We look forward to your update.

Lizette Ags, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected

text field keeps deselecting and selecting on its own

Please help. This computer suddenly deselects and selects the text field on its own making typing very time consuming, difficult, and frustrating. The only recent change to the computer is that I made the mistake of downloading a game called Fortnite.
    I have since uninstalled it, but the problem persists. I have checked the keyboard driver and checked for Windows updates. Nothing seems to work. I am running a desktop computer with Windows 10. Thanks in advance.

MattBendler, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected

1. Mouse "thinking" and text fields being deselected - Similar Threads - Mouse thinking text

2. Current window is being deselected/becoming inactive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Current window is being deselected/becoming inactive: I have been having a problem with whatever current window I'm in randomly becoming inactive and I have to click it again to begin using it again. After the last time it happened about 10 minutes ago I began doing some research and couldn't find anything specific to what I was...
  3. Current window is being deselected/becoming inactive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Current window is being deselected/becoming inactive: I have been having a problem with whatever current window I'm in randomly becoming inactive and I have to click it again to begin using it again. After the last time it happened about 10 minutes ago I began doing some research and couldn't find anything specific to what I was...
  4. Keyboard Randomly Stops/Application being deselected

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard Randomly Stops/Application being deselected: I had an audio problem, where I was getting two clciks before any sound being played so I have updated all my drivers with Avast to try and fix. Since then I have had trouble with typing, randomly it will stop typing. It is like the whole application is no longer selected...
  5. Summon a Text Field?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Summon a Text Field?: Sometimes, it is useful to create a text file, open it, write something, and copy it - so that you can save the text into clipboard. Is there any way to create a "text field" without creating a new text file? submitted by /u/Des0 [link] [comments]...
  6. Hacked or Bugs? Text fields

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hacked or Bugs? Text fields: Within Firefox and now today in a game and discord I'm getting text being entered into web text forms, discord chat boxes and even in game chat. I have visually watched the letters be entered while I'm not touching the keyboard. The text seems to be things that I typed hours...
  7. Use Cortana in text fields?

in Cortana
    Use Cortana in text fields?: Hello to the group, I am used to speak text into input fields on my iPad and Android phone, e.g. on WhatsApp. This works very well by now ;-). In Word 365 on Windows 10, speech recognition is now also available. Question: How can I activate speech recognition (microphone...
  8. Windows Deselecting

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Deselecting: When I'm using any app or window (file explorer, chrome, games, etc.) and I click in the bottom right area, it'll deselect the window so I can't interact with the app unless I reselect it by moving the entire window into the 'safe zone' and interact to reach what I want. I...
  9. How to have text entry fields in a pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to have text entry fields in a pdf: win 10 need capabilities of acrobat or adobe reader but cannot install acrobat in 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-have-text-entry-fields-in-a-pdf/0d769a44-b40c-4700-a5c5-1b89e34f11a4
  10. deselect hotkey

in Windows 10 Support
    deselect hotkey: Ctl-A selects all. What deselects all? 77077