Windows 10: Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

Discus and support Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by learko, Dec 27, 2020.

1. learko Win User

Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work

Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10

I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone back to using my old mouse + trackpad (and touchscreen).

But now the click doesn't work on either the mouse or the trackpad. Everything else works: I can scroll/zoom/etc with the trackpad, and ditto for the mouse. Additionally, I can use the other buttons on the mouse (I've reprogrammed these to things like 'Enter' and 'Ctrl+V'), but when I reprogramme them to left/right click, they do not work, so I don't think it's a hardware issue

So essentially, the left and right clicks on my pointing devices do not work, but everything else associated with them does work. I can still 'click' things by tapping on the touchscreen though.

I've tried reinstalling and updating the mouse drivers and, from the Dell driver support page, updating the BIOS driver. Have tried typing 'sfc /scannow' into Cmd Prompt, which said everything was 100% fine as well; amongst other possible solutions that I can't remember.

:)

learko, Dec 27, 2020

2. My touchPad doesn''t work!!!!

Hi Lizzy

I am Vijay, an Independent Advisor. I am here to work with you on this problem.

Take actions related to touchpad driver

Windows Key+X (Or right click on Start) > Click Device Manager > View tab > Show hidden devices > Expand Human Interface devices > Right click on the touchpad listed there >

A. Roll back the driver (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Click Properties > Under Drive tab, if Rollback Driver is enabled click it

B. Update driver from manufacturer's website (You will have to repeat the steps for all entries listed including Synaptics)

Go to the website of the computer's manufacturer > See if some driver is released for your model and OS > If yes, download that > In previous option, you click Update Driver Software, in place of this, click Uninstall > Install the downloaded driver > Restart
    your computer

Source -
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17417/...

Do let me know if you require any further help on this. Will be glad to help you.

Vijay_Verma, Dec 27, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Dec 27, 2020
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Hey did exactly what you suggested and the first time i did it the mouse cursor became visible, it was at the center of the screen but i still couldnt make it move with the touchpad and i plugged in my usb mouse and that doesnt work too. I did it a few moret times but cursor never showed up again and still could make either the touchpad or the mouse to work. Do you have anymore suggestion?

cauyao615, Dec 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Mouse/touchpad click doesn't work - Similar Threads - Mouse touchpad click

2. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  3. my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my mouse clicks/touchpad dont work properly: Hi there,Starting form the scratch, I have an HP laptop and its been almost 3 years using it.One day I accidentally spilled a little water on the touchpad of my laptop. I removed the water with tissue paper but after some time the right click button of touchpad was not...
  4. Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse + touchpad clicks don't work: Hi all, a very specific problem that I would really appreciate some help on for Windows 10 I think what caused the problem is a new mouse I bought, which I set up by simply plugging in the USB receiver and it worked fine. However, I had to send it back, and have since gone...
  5. Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Touchpad and mouse cursor moves but doesn't react to clicks: Hi guys, my gf has a problem with her laptop (Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN) while everyday using or playing games: sometimes when she clicks somewhere on the screen, the desktop instantly shows up and she's unable to do anything with mouse aside from moving the cursor around (i...
  6. Double click on touchpad and mouse not working

Double click on touchpad and mouse not working: 2 or 3 days ago double click to open files and quit working w/the mouse and the touchpad. I see no settings describing double clicking in for the mouse or touchpad. I have gone to the device manager and looked for mouse driver updates - there are none. I do not see the...
  7. Mouse Left Click doesn't work

Mouse Left Click doesn't work: I am on a Dell Latitude 7490 running Windows 10 Pro 64bit. The left click on the mouse is not working when click on window pane buttons or when selecting items in start menu, or when pressing options like task manager after pressing ctrl-alt-delete. The weird thing is the...
  8. right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work

right click on my synaptic touchpad doesn't work: would be great if the right click on my synaptic touchpad worked. Was fine until I moved from win7 to win 10. 41118
  9. TouchPad Mouse not clicking

TouchPad Mouse not clicking: After upgrading to windows 10 my touchpad was not working, after googling around i saw someone say that windows 10 turns it off by default so i went through the device manager and turned it back on but now it is unable to click on anything and i can't use the two finger...
  10. Right click doesn't work on touchpad

Right click doesn't work on touchpad: I have a HP 15-ay083TU laptop with Windows 10.The right click button on my touchpad has suddenly stopped working.I checked the synaptics touchpad settings and the two finger scrolling feature is enabled. 73935